Recommitted Sydney Stack [re-signed for 2022]

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
West Coast were already sniffing around.

Think if anything, this incident makes him less likely to leave.

CJ likely gone still though. Was already half way out the door :(

Is this just speculation?

Sometimes people tie us to folks from WA, just cos.

As a general rule, we tend to be risk averse with our drafting/trading.

Liam Ryan being the exception to the rule, and having watched Ryan's on and off field development coupled with seeing Stack and Pickett get picked up cheaply might have changed our view on how to assess potential recruits, I am not convinced we were in to Stack.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
Is this just speculation?

Sometimes people tie us to folks from WA, just cos.

As a general rule, we tend to be risk averse with our drafting/trading.

Liam Ryan being the exception to the rule, and having watched Ryan's on and off field development coupled with seeing Stack and Pickett get picked up cheaply might have changed our view on how to assess potential recruits, I am not convinced we were in to Stack.
Came from a very reliable source on our board, however the info was pre-strip club.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Richmond is the best place for him to try to get himself back together as a person then a footballer.

I have faith in him.

Our culture is very strong despite the paper darts being thrown by the medja.

Is the talk about Balme leaving to go to the Crows got any legs?

From what I can tell Neil is the bloke who keeps the players in check and ensures support is in place and he is very good at his role.

Big loss if true.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
One example was the WA U18 team, the players discussed Stack and said they didn't want him in the squad, due to attitude I recal.

Sumich over ruled them and he played. The rest is history.

That wasn't Stack, that was Elijah Taylor

The issue with Stack was he went out one night with Bobby Hill (his cousin) and got in to some kind argument/blow up, turned up to training either late, or not at all (Sumich doesn't recall lol) and Sumich decided not to play him in the first game.

AFL recruiters were aware of the incident with Hill, on top of his housing insecurity, his DUI, and him getting in to a fight with a family member on his birthday and losing a tooth.

That alone is more than enough to scare off 17 clubs. Don't forget, these are the same clubs many of whom wouldn't have drafted Darling for getting caught in a tent on a school camp and getting punched in the back of the head.

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s not just the COVID breach, it’s that it sounds like he came back to the club unfit and had a disappointing year.

I hope he gets another chance and puts his head down and makes the most of it.

No guarantees though. If I was a recruiter for another club I’d be very wary. Does he want it enough to make it at the top level. Signs are all that promising.

It’s not just the COVID breach, it’s that it sounds like he came back to the club unfit and had a disappointing year.

I hope he gets another chance and puts his head down and makes the most of it.

No guarantees though. If I was a recruiter for another club I’d be very wary. Does he want it enough to make it at the top level. Signs are all that promising.

He was living with Monique Conti during lockdown and it looked like they both spent too much time Tik-Tokking and playing video games instead of keeping fit. Now that they've broken up I'd move Stack back into either Dimma's or Balmey's for the summer to keep him in line.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
worth literally nothing in a trade, but could be a genuine gun. We have to atleast try for one more season.
No way you give up on a player like that. He's a mature kid that made a mistake, a few actually because he didn't cope with covid isolation. Not the first and won't be the last. Not everyone is a model Walsh/Smith 19yr old going 25.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
We simply have to keep him for one more year back in Melbourne. We'd get peanuts for him now and his talent and potential is higher than most, saw him do things in his first year that first year players just don't do. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that the penny has dropped. If it hasn't then we get nothing for him next year anyway, if he does sort himself out though, the kid has potential to be a star with the right application.

People talk about getting rid of players toxic to culture, I don't think he falls in to that camp yet. There would have been a lot more COVID hub breaches across the league than what was reported this year, players make mistakes but I still think he has one last shot at an AFL career.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
We simply have to keep him for one more year back in Melbourne. We'd get peanuts for him now and his talent and potential is higher than most, saw him do things in his first year that first year players just don't do. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that the penny has dropped. If it hasn't then we get nothing for him next year anyway, if he does sort himself out though, the kid has potential to be a star with the right application.

People talk about getting rid of players toxic to culture, I don't think he falls in to that camp yet. There would have been a lot more COVID hub breaches across the league than what was reported this year, players make mistakes but I still think he has one last shot at an AFL career.
Not only did he have a great debut season on the field but off it he seemed very much the same. Great attitude was one of the things that got him promoted way before expectations. So it is not like he is a ratbag abusing his talent, he just made a mistake, as did CCJ who you would not expect.

Aside from packets of chips, twisties, kebabs and other assorted food items, what is he actually worth to you Tiger fans? And is he on the table?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Aside from packets of chips, twisties, kebabs and other assorted food items, what is he actually worth to you Tiger fans? And is he on the table?
Nobody really know but we hope he is not on the table and the club sticks by him and keeps him on the list , But if they have lost hope and want to get rid of him then would be worth very little and free to good home , Similar to Butler

Back