Recommitted Sydney Stack [has re-signed with Richmond]

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Seems very happy at Richmond. Not sure if he’d be keen to go home or if it’s be good for him. But WC or Freo would be negligent not to have a crack. You are not likely to get a better talent with a mid to late first rounder.
Understand your point but to be perfectly honest taking into account we all have bias
If i was offered up a trade Cerra/Stack today i would stick with stack

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Understand your point but to be perfectly honest taking into account we all have bias
I don’t blame you. He’s a special talent. I more talking from a WC or Freo POV. They wouldn’t or at least shouldn’t be worried about putting up an early pick if Stack was available.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I don’t blame you. He’s a special talent. I more talking from a WC or Freo POV. They wouldn’t or at least shouldn’t be worried about putting up an early pick if Stack was available.
Exactly if any team had selected Stack with a top 10 pick they would be over the moon with what he has been able to produce so far as an 18 year old

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra will be better. One plays for one of the best teams in the comp and has the media jizzing over him because vic media, while the other plays for a rebuilding team in Perth that gets zero media attention. When Cerra builds his tank, he'll be a very good midfielder for Freo. Stack is good, but put both up for trade and every club would take Cerra in a heartbeat .

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Cerra will be better. One plays for one of the best teams in the comp and has the media jizzing over him because vic media, while the other plays for a rebuilding team in Perth that gets zero media attention. When Cerra builds his tank, he'll be a very good midfielder for Freo. Stack is good, but put both up for trade and every club would take Cerra in a heartbeat .
Mate has nothing to do with Media !! Maybe watch the kid play first

We dont go read the newspapers and come to post on bigfooty, and nobody has suggested the Cerra wont be a good player but currently after watching this kid play 10 games i would not swap them ( and its not because of 'Media' its because i really like what i have seen and we have a beauty

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
What was the reason he didn't get drafted? Were his family or friends a bunch of dropkicks or something?
Lack of professionalism. Always late. Turned up to an interview with a bucket of KFC.

Nothing to do with being on the gear, just a young kid with no stability in his life due to his upbringing

Why will Cerra be better? When he does this and he does that?
Why can't Stack build on his 'deficiencies' also?

Yes, clubs would take Cerra ahead of Stack and if for no other reason than for draft positions.
Like it or not, this comes into heavy calculations in the first few years. No way would clubs take a rookie ahead of a pick #5...Not yet, anyway.

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Lack of professionalism. Always late. Turned up to an interview with a bucket of KFC.

Nothing to do with being on the gear, just a young kid with no stability in his life due to his upbringing
tenor (1).gif

Much more to it

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I'm not usually one that criticizes players for leaving, but I have to admit if he wanted out to another club it would hurt a bit and be pretty disappointing. No one else wanted a bar of him but he was embraced by the club, the players, the supporters and even lived with Dimma I think (and maybe still is?). We gave him his chance that might make his career, and it would be disappointing if he didn't give the club a chance too.

It's a different situation to regular draftees who could have gone to any of the 18 clubs.

I'm not usually one that criticizes players for leaving, but I have to admit if he wanted out to another club it would hurt a bit and be pretty disappointing. No one else wanted a bar of him but he was embraced by the club, the players, the supporters and even lived with Dimma I think (and maybe still is?). We gave him his chance that might make his career, and it would be disappointing if he didn't give the club a chance too.

It's a different situation to regular draftees who could have gone to any of the 18 clubs.
Pretty simple then. Don’t give him a reason to leave and pay up

He’s in a position where he will want to capitalise on his form dollar wise

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I would rather him than Walsh.
Different players - both guns. 1 is a great pick at 1 the other an amazing rookie.

Every recruiting manager should be questioned on why they didn't take this kid. I know it was a risk but the reward has been huge.

Back