Recommitted Sydney Stack [has re-signed with Richmond]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Christ, Walsh is $1.40 fav at Sportsbet.

Stack is on the second line at $6.00

That’s not even close.

I agree Walsh deserves the RS, he is the complete midfielder and killing it every week.

I reckon a massive amount of neutrals would take Stack over Walsh if based on talent alone and dismissing potential off field issues.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Walsh will rightly win the RS, been amazing and ultra consistent for a first year player. However when you consider where they came from, Stack has far greater upside.

Walsh has always been the best he's ever been, there's not much he can do better off field to improve, hes been the top rated junior for a couple of years, already had elite endurance and professionalism. Stack has a hell of a lot more areas he can improve and mature in and if that correlates with onfield improvement then he will very quickly close any gaps in the performances.

Espio

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Walsh will rightly win the RS, been amazing and ultra consistent for a first year player. However when you consider where they came from, Stack has far greater upside.

Walsh has always been the best he's ever been, there's not much he can do better off field to improve, hes been the top rated junior for a couple of years, already had elite endurance and professionalism. Stack has a hell of a lot more areas he can improve and mature in and if that correlates with onfield improvement then he will very quickly close any gaps in the performances.

Super professional so therefore less likely to improve? Seriously, I have heard it all now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
This bloke looks like he has the potential to be an elite player in the competition, it all comes down to whether he wants it enough, certainly has the raw talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon a massive amount of neutrals would take Stack over Walsh if based on talent alone and dismissing potential off field issues.

I agree with this and just believe Stack will impact games much more. In fact I think he and Miers are a good 1-2 bet for the rising star on the basis of overall impact on the game.

Walsh is swell though and I think he’s great, I’m certainly not being negative about him

Stack isnt far off Walsh with the bookies for the rising star. Walsh is sold but a bit vanilla, Stack has shown signs he can be anything down the track. A unique mixture of attributes

There are millions of Tigers fans btw

Walsh projects to be a bit of a macrae type if he can maintain his consistency. Which would be great for Carlton tbh. Yes he will never have the hurt factor of others who reach an elite level but every team would have a spot for that type of player.

Give me Stack any day with the Walsh types already on our list

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton

The players who have the highest ceilings in last years group would be JL and King.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
The players who have the highest ceilings in last years group would be JL and King.
Yeh maybe. I just think Stack is a pure raw talent that has never had the professionalism in his game or his upbringing. That's easier to change than it is for someone else to develop football related shortcomings (which Stack can still improve upon too).
On raw talent and football ability, he's top 5 easily.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
More that as long as he doesn't have enough money to support people in need from back home, moving them over and bringing poor habits with them that he slips into.

You can 't say that. I basically said the same sort of thing on the Geelong board about Kelly staying at Geelong rather than going back to WA and got absolutely smashed for it.

You can 't say that. I basically said the same sort of thing on the Geelong board about Kelly staying at Geelong rather than going back to WA and got absolutely smashed for it.
Just so you know, the cats can include a full time pair of nannys to help Caitlin at home with the three kids from next season.

ARES

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2005
Live for footy
AFL Club
Richmond
According to AFL rankings, Stack is rated number one for first year players, comfortably ahead

He has been a revelation on and off the field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back