Mega Thread Sydney Swans Audio & Video Links

Remove this Banner Ad

Post all links to audio and video that involve the Swans. I'll start with the Open Mike interview with Adam Goodes which some kind fellow has uploaded to YouTube. If you haven't seen it, please do!

Tommy221987

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Does by any chance anyone have Josh Kennedy's Friday Night half time interview from Channel 7. Missed out on it.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Great thread!!!

Mick Malthouse reckons we're unfit, I think more a consequence of carrying a half-fit Mummy and Goodes and playing 2 ruckmen in our last couple of games. Also the younger guys probably need another pre-season or two behind them. Still, what we've managed to do is pretty remarkable. I wouldn't underestimate our players' ability to find something extra in the back end of the season though.

mark121

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Malthouse raises an interesting point and our coaching staff and trainers would be well aware of it.

We may be pushing too hard in the first three quarters and fading as a result or we could be building to reach peak fitness for the buisness end of the season (i think its a little of both these reasons).

The other possability is we may have a fitness issue like Geelong did years ago where they would blow teams away in the first half then fade badly in the last quarter but we wont know until the end of the season

I remember reports earlier in the season stating we were focusing on our skills etc. I think we have achieved a considerable improvement in our goal kicking and disposal efficiency. Goal Kicking was an area of concern last year and so far this season we have been deadly making teams pay for costly errors. For these reasons i would rate our offseason a sucess even if we have sacraficed a little in the fitness dapartment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This surprisingly gives me a massive, massive respect - newfound respect - for Grant Thomas. Everything he said in that made me feel good, whereas nearly everything anyone else said in that made me cringe and hate them a little more.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
If you only watch one clip from this thread, make it this one. Some great behind the goals footage on Teddy and the Jett.

Agreed. I watched it on Fox Footy the other night and it really highlights just how good Richards is. His reading of the play is almost flawless. Grundy owes him a few beers too.

The other interesting thing I took from it was that we're number 1 in causing opposition turnovers and also number 1 in punishing opposition turnovers. Collingwood and Geelong led these stats last year.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
Cheers for the links! Great viewing!

Can i make a request? Anyone have highlights of the game vs the Eagles (in 08 i think it was) where Jude kicked the winner with a minute left? There was a video of it on youtube, but it was removed.

Agreed. I watched it on Fox Footy the other night and it really highlights just how good Richards is. His reading of the play is almost flawless. Grundy owes him a few beers too.

The other interesting thing I took from it was that we're number 1 in causing opposition turnovers and also number 1 in punishing opposition turnovers. Collingwood and Geelong led these stats last year.

Interesting that they basically summarised that teams needed to draw Richards away and expose Grundy, or at least make the Swans defenders play one-on-one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back