Mega Thread Sydney Swans Audio & Video Links

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha. That could easily be the review of the game on the Hawks' website.

The way they were talking legitimately had the Swans cast as the enemy and Hawthorn as their team. That was atrocious, even for AFL journalism.

What's almost as big an indictment is that they didn't even have the balls or brains to speculate on why Goodes gets booed. There are some pretty obvious reasons that are pretty interesting to consider if they'd bothered.

I have to say though, I love this. This lack of interest on the media's part in us is exactly what we got up until Kurt Tippett arrived. We were very, very successful with the media not giving a s**t about us.

Cyril Count (including his/he/him references): 40.

Swans players referred to: 3.

Lance Franklin, to demonstrate how James Frawley was almost best on ground...
Ben McGlynn, to demonstrate that Sydney tried to play unsociable footy better than the Hawks
Adam Goodes, to highlight the booing and that it was unaustralian

So can someone post up the part where they analyse the game?

Thanks.

Apologies if you've already seen this J_Moore but they give a possible answer to your McGlynn tagging Mitchell question you had after Saturday night.

I'm disgusted with the reviews. The Swans didn't win the game, Hawthorn lost it. Oh, and Cyril Rioli may have incredible skills with the ball, but the same comments are directed at Buddy Franklin when he has a great game, so he's not unique in that respect. What a joke! Have you also noticed that almost nothing has been said about the fact that the top 4 teams are from WA and NSW by these same commentators?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

highlights why the show really irks me sometimes. They spend 15 minutes bantering at the start of the show, running through any big headlines (that are discussed elsewhere), etc. then go oops, we're supposed to do the teams
They usually get through the big games but they do finals really well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back