Mega Thread Sydney Swans Audio & Video Links

Remembering how I felt that day, and the night of the Nick Davis game, and during the final quarter of the prelim against St.Kilda, and again on GF day in 2012 genuinely gets me a little emotional. The Swans certainly aren't the only thing that I can find elation from, but they have certainly been a consistent source of it through my life.

A nice escape and bring pleasure and joy

2005 semi I just remember that oh well that seasons done feeling, started to relax almost in well I’ll watch this out and chat a bit while we lose to the cats

Then next thing I’m booking flights to the prelim

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies

2005 semi I just remember that oh well that seasons done feeling, started to relax almost in well I’ll watch this out and chat a bit while we lose to the cats

I remember as a 14yo being almost in tears during the 2nd half, but then manically jumping around and hugging strangers when the final siren went. I've never heard anything quite like the noise at the final siren that night. Pure, uncontrollable joy from almost 40,000 people.

I prefer knowing time left over the 5 min wanting

2006 is there too but ehh

I prefer not knowing, though 10 used to use it for most games even if they weren't close. Like it would be Hawthorn 70 up over Richmond and they would go to the count up clock.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Was sitting high up in the Churchill stand for the Cats semi-final in 2005. Actually thought to myself we were half a chance at three-quarter time as we'd played like crap but were only 17 points down at the last change (increased to 23 when Geelong kicked the first goal of the final quarter). Blight's three goal theory. ;)

SouthSwans

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2005
Glen Iris, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Liverpool, Celtics
1-hour exclusive interview with Cal Sinclair!

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=285823

I had the pleasure of interviewing the big Chief a few days ago.

We go ball-by-ball through Cal’s entire footy career starting with going to the G to watch North Melbourne games on Friday nights, then playing junior footy with Beaumaris, school footy with Caulfield Grammar and under 19s footy in the VAFA, then VFL footy with Port Melbourne, heading to Perth to play WAFL footy for Subiaco, getting drafted to West Coast and establishing himself at AFL level, then the move to the Swans and everything since.

His insight is awesome, have a listen if it’s up your alley.

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Ted Richards interviewing the Swans' new recruiting analysis guru, Chris Keane, for his Moneyball podcast.

Keane says Beatson hired him to challenge his biases and blindspots. It looks like the role of data crunching is only going to expand in AFL list management.
https://www.sixpark.com.au/news/2018/the-richards-report-moneyball

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Tonight I watched rd 20 2018 where AJ made his comeback against the Magpies. What a game. The spirit shown by our team was awe inspiring, especially as they'd been written off from making finals (yet again). Some incredibly courageous footy. The ending was incredible. Dawson emerged as a footballer that day. Buddy put on a clinic. Sinclair toughed it out aagainst one of the best rucks in the comp. As a sequel I'd recommend Round 21 2018. It's tinged with sadness but it's no less heroic. Swans were clinical in the second quarter.

Hey folks,

Had a few Swans fan request I do a video on the Swans and where I think they are at. Would love some feedback! Cheers

Like your production/editing skills. Got a new subscriber.

I agree with most of your points, the only thing I will argue is that for the last near-decade our 'recycled players from other clubs' has a terrible strike rate. It's a carry over from the mid-late 00's, and our strength in recruiting these players has been more or less a myth since then.

Tony Armstrong, Mark Seaby, Tommy Walsh, Andrejs Everitt, Michael Talia, Shaun Edwards to name a few. The only ones that have been moderately successful are Jeremy Laidler and Mitch Morton (who still only played 12 games, just happened to be clutch as in a flag).

Clarke, Thurlow and Menzel is the biggest recycled haul we have had in a while so we'll see how they turn out.

Back