Autopsy Sydney Swans beat Dogs 88 - 42

Remove this Banner Ad

If you honestly think that, you have no idea.

Look at the teams we have to play for the remainder of the year
No idea? Who do you honestly think we will beat playing the way we currently are? We need to win another 7 games to guarantee finals. I can think of 2: Brisbane and Gold Coast. Perhaps Carlton as well. But outside of that we are not certainties

No dogs supporter has the right to call anyone the afl's bitch. Last years grand final was the biggest slight on the game after the Essendon scandal in the past decade, even though I think you guys would have won regardless. You rode your little wave now it's time to hop off
In saying that the deliberate interpretations were horrific
Sorry mate. You are delusional.

The ongoing structural benefits and preferential treatment heaped on NSW clubs are the story, not the umpires.

You were outplayed on the day and went home empty-handed. Acceptance is coming slowly to some of your mob.

No dogs supporter has the right to call anyone the afl's bitch. Last years grand final was the biggest slight on the game after the Essendon scandal in the past decade, even though I think you guys would have won regardless. You rode your little wave now it's time to hop off
No we played directly to the rules last year. The complaining about the umpiring last year is completely unfounded if you actually understood how the rules were interpretated all year. I agree there were a couple calls that fell our way ( Hunters scoop and the free to Clay) but on the whole it wasn't as bad as the differential would have one think. I know everyone likes to look at differentials and draw conclusions but that's very short sighted. There were a couple of non calls against us that led to Sydney goals which absolutely no one outside this forum has picked up on. Perhaps because we won the game and the free kick count. Anyway we are not the afls bitches at all. In fact they decided to change the rules this year to directly stop our game style. They did this because they want their beloved Sydney teams up the top competing for flag after flag. Because that's where all the sponsorship and advertising revenue comes from. We're also not the ones who have had the luxury of a higher salary cap than other teams. No other sport in the world does that

On the point of standing up for our players that get targeted or tagged - why don't our players do this? Why is it even an option to just stand by and watch? Should not the mantra be that if WE get out toughed, or beat up, we should be disgusted with ourselves? Anyone who doesn't have the mindset of Libba in those instances should get a kick up the arse.

Zaine Cordy has the Libba mindset. Love Zaines ability to cause collateral damage even though his body frame suggests otherwise.

Refer to finals series he hit more bodies than he was given credit for.

I hope that stings you and your stupid club Forever

Your the biggest sore losers

Wahhhh, wahhhh....another crying Sydney sook.

You lot were crying over Hawthorn being bad losers in 2012 (correctly) - I can assure you you've gone well past them.

Disgusting losers.

for any swans fans who come here to troll
get stuffed

57b0156871e6eafcf1cb54e323d78d90
b270ab440e89271d009895636435bb39

i find it laughable a Sydney supporter would call the GF the biggest slight yet defend the fact their team had a higher salary cap than almost every other team for so long.

You guys played well last night and deserved to win, but I can assure you your constant complaining about the GF won't take any of the gloss off for any Dogs fan.

Sorry mate. You are delusional.

The ongoing structural benefits and preferential treatment heaped on NSW clubs are the story, not the umpires.

You were outplayed on the day and went home empty-handed. Acceptance is coming slowly to some of your mob.

Swan fans have an entitled mentality. Rarely missed the finals since the AFL took them over in the mid 90's.

Swans still benefiting from COLA which allowed them to sign Bud. Still benefitting from the old Academy rules that allowed them to get Heeney with P17.

Yet they bitch like a Hannebery with a sore head when a few frees go against them or when GWS gets the preferred treatment they are used to.

Pathetic club whose success has been built on unequal concessions and artificial AFL support.

Swan fans have an entitled mentality. Rarely missed the finals since the AFL took them over in the mid 90's.

Swans still benefiting from COLA which allowed them to sign Bud. Still benefitting from the old Academy rules that allowed them to get Heeney with P17.

Yet they bitch like a Hannebery with a sore head when a few frees go against them or when GWS gets the preferred treatment they are used to.

Pathetic club whose success has been built on unequal concessions and artificial AFL support.
Yep. It's all about penetration of the Sydney market and chipping away at the NRL fortress.
Having two mediocre Sydney clubs would be a strategic disaster for the AFL.
Bad luck that the other 16 clubs have to just sit back and suffer it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. It's all about penetration of the Sydney market and chipping away at the NRL fortress.
Having two mediocre Sydney clubs would be a strategic disaster for the AFL.
Bad luck that the other 16 clubs have to just sit back and suffer it.

I really do respect the Hawks achievements on such an unequal playing field. Hell the Hawks even lost their best player, a generational player, to Syd for SFA and still beat them.

Our effort last year was clearly not part of the AFL plan and genuinely freakish.

Hoping we can turn it around and put another crimp in the AFL's plans this year.

Neil Cordy's match report in the Herald Sun reads like someone who looked at the stats and watched the coach's post match press conference. Possessions, contested marks, inside 50s, hit outs. score differential at various parts of the match, not much else.

No mention of us losing Adams and how that effected the impact of Buddy and Reid and our structure. No explanation as to why the hit outs were so one sided, etc.

However, if you read Cordy's report in the Daily Telegraph it has a bit more comment and analysis such as:

"The midfield was driven by a massive 65-16 hit out advantage delivered by Sam Naismith (33) and Callum Sinclair (31). Their effort will make Kurt Tippett’s task of winning back senior selection even more difficult.

Youngster Tim English went into the contest with Naismith 19kg lighter and it showed.

Marcus Adams didn’t return to the field after half time due to a foot injury but even before he was ruled out the Swans were dominating the marking inside forward 50.

“It doesn’t help when they lose a key defender,” Longmire said.

“We lost two players a couple of weeks ago. It has a structural effect on a guy like Easton Wood as well.”
The Dogs’ usual run off halfback was also nullified with George Hewett tracking Jason Johannisen’s every move and limiting his effect dramatically.

“We wanted to make sure all their good players were covered,” Longmire said.

“We have a disciplined forward group which is important against a team which run so well.”

"After five goals in his last outing Jake Stringer was held to a solitary major. He was almost unsighted in the first half with just one disposal. But he came to life in the third term kicking a goal and setting one up for Tory Dickson to close within three goals of the Swans.

Travis Cloke had very little impact on the game with just eight possessions, three marks and no goals".

The reports are really quite different, just not sure why the HUN runs with a mainly stats and Sydney centric version.

We received a serious bitch slapping from the swans.
They bullies us from start to finish and we accepted it. We did nt protect JJ. Only Dalhaus, Wood and Adams showed any intensity.

That was embarrassing.

Cloke is a big body Tarzan who plays like Jane.

Whatever the flaws of Smith, Cordy, and Liber they need to be in this team whenever available because they don't take s**t because they have some mongrel. Because losing is one thing - giving up is what we saw last night.

Fletcher Roberts is scared of his own shadow

Jong is scared of failing and succeeding - he doesn't believe he belongs and so he doesn't belong.

Bevo is living in his own self reflected glory and getting ahead of himself - you don't play English against two seasoned Ruckman. You put him on a weight programme and play him against weaker teams in better conditions.

If liber plays reserves M Boyd plays reserves.

I don't want to see that piss weak physical response to intimidation ever again. Losing I can take - that was soul destroying.

Dear Picken - you got to where you are thru determination and courage. Post concussion your playing safe football. you cannot survive playing safe. Yes you might get concussed again but if that's on your mind retire now! Your attitude has become a cancer.

Only 20,000 there last night shows how little true support the swans have. If they were to miss the finals for a couple of years the crowds would be back to the early 90's levels.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would love to know the average number of dogs fans at a game only a few years ago. And the whole cola thing get over it, despite it being warranted because of the ridiculously high housing prices and majority of players originating from Victoria yet it's still being taken away on top of a trade ban given for no logical reason, not how you would treat your bitch. Not having a sook cause like I said I think dogs would have still won the grand final but find it funny that any of you would have a sook about the umpiring last night when it's been plain obvious that you have bee in given an easy ride for quite some time in that regard. Everyone including AFL and the umps fell for the inspiration behind your feel sorry of an unsuccessful club and rode it with you just like Leicester in the premier league, now you're going to fall back into the pack. The bevo era is never going to exist. Hopefully that gf keeps you all going for the next 65 years

We received a serious bitch slapping from the swans.
They bullies us from start to finish and we accepted it. We did nt protect JJ. Only Dalhaus, Wood and Adams showed any intensity.

That was embarrassing.

Cloke is a big body Tarzan who plays like Jane.

Whatever the flaws of Smith, Cordy, and Liber they need to be in this team whenever available because they don't take s**t because they have some mongrel. Because losing is one thing - giving up is what we saw last night.

Fletcher Roberts is scared of his own shadow

Jong is scared of failing and succeeding - he doesn't believe he belongs and so he doesn't belong.

Bevo is living in his own self reflected glory and getting ahead of himself - you don't play English against two seasoned Ruckman. You put him on a weight programme and play him against weaker teams in better conditions.

If liber plays reserves M Boyd plays reserves.

I don't want to see that piss weak physical response to intimidation ever again. Losing I can take - that was soul destroying.

Dear Picken - you got to where you are thru determination and courage. Post concussion your playing safe football. you cannot survive playing safe. Yes you might get concussed again but if that's on your mind retire now! Your attitude has become a cancer.
Agree with much of that but not the Picken stuff.
He's been one of our most physical and courageous players over the journey. I'd like to know what's the real problem with him before suggesting he's "playing safe". I agree his form has dropped since he was KO'd but that doesn't automatically mean that's what caused the form drop.

Would love to know the average number of dogs fans at a game only a few years ago. And the whole cola thing get over it, despite it being warranted because of the ridiculously high housing prices and majority of players originating from Victoria yet it's still being taken away on top of a trade ban given for no logical reason, not how you would treat your bitch. Not having a sook cause like I said I think dogs would have still won the grand final but find it funny that any of you would have a sook about the umpiring last night when it's been plain obvious that you have bee in given an easy ride for quite some time in that regard. Everyone fell for the inspiration behind your feel sorry of an unsuccessful club and rode it with you just like Leicester in the premier league, now you're going to fall back into the pack. The bevo era is never going to exist

You do realise Syd and Melb are 14 and 15th most expensive cities in world respectively. COLA being warranted is just bumpkin.

And Syd were allowed unfettered trading if they were under the Cap. They chose to stay over the Cap and rightly had their trading restricted.

Your club's success was gifted. Not earned. Same as GWS' will be.

You do realise Syd and Melb are 14 and 15th most expensive cities in world respectively. COLA being warranted is just bumpkin.

And Syd were allowed unfettered trading if they were under the Cap. They chose to stay over the Cap and rightly had their trading restricted.

Your club's success was gifted. Not earned. Same as GWS' will be.
We weren't over the cap, the rule was we were only allowed to bring in equivalent or less than what we traded out so that the vics didn't get upset.
I live in Melbourne mate I know it ain't cheap but Sydney is on another level go check out their housing prices if you think ours are bad

We weren't over the cap, the rule was we were only allowed to bring in equivalent or less than what we traded out so that the vics didn't get upset.
I live in Melbourne mate I know it ain't cheap but Sydney is on another level go check out their housing prices if you think ours are bad
Jeez it's not that much more. Why don't vic clubs get a cola over the qld, wa and sa teams? Do all Sydney nrl clubs get a cola?

Would love to know the average number of dogs fans at a game only a few years ago. And the whole cola thing get over it, despite it being warranted because of the ridiculously high housing prices and majority of players originating from Victoria yet it's still being taken away on top of a trade ban given for no logical reason, not how you would treat your bitch. Not having a sook cause like I said I think dogs would have still won the grand final but find it funny that any of you would have a sook about the umpiring last night when it's been plain obvious that you have bee in given an easy ride for quite some time in that regard. Everyone including AFL and the umps fell for the inspiration behind your feel sorry of an unsuccessful club and rode it with you just like Leicester in the premier league, now you're going to fall back into the pack. The bevo era is never going to exist. Hopefully that gf keeps you all going for the next 65 years
You still here?
OK, before you go, let's get real: If the AFL were genuine about the COLA thing being because of the Sydney cost of living they would have reduced the SA clubs' cap by 10%. That's the difference between COL in Melbourne/Sydney and Adelaide. The fact that they didn't shows what a sham that argument was. It was about making sure their Sydney creations were playing finals footy and preferably winning a few flags along the way.

It's a legitimate business strategy but a very poor sporting one.

Jeez it's not that much more. Why don't vic clubs get a cola over the qld, wa and sa teams? Do all Sydney nrl clubs get a cola?
It's simple logic. If the caps were equal the interstate clubs would have been non existent a long time ago. It equals out the advantage the vic clubs have when it comes to retaining players. What other strategy could you possibly introduce to replace it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back