Competitions Sydney Swans Goal Kicker Competition - 2018 - congratulations puke

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it was round 7

Picked Jack initially and then changed to Florent
Oh damn... could have taken McCartin if I'd realised... what a waste:mad:. I'm out till the next competition then...:(

Round 10

Goals
Sydney: Heeney 2, Hayward 2, Ronke 2, Papley, Stoddart, Franklin, Jack

Woodie99 correctly picks Ronke to stay in, puke expends his immunity card due to the McCartin pick.

If both get knocked out at the same time puke will be the winner due to the tie-breaker as he's never been knocked out previously in the game.

No more buy-backs as we allow the final two the duke it out in the upcoming rounds.

Round 11 and final update

GOALS
Sydney: Franklin 3, Heeney 2, Parker 2, Sinclair 2, Hayward 2, Jack, McVeigh,

We were down to two remaining coming into round 11, puke went with the captain Kennedy and Woodie99 went with 200 gamer Hanners.

It came right down to the wire in the end with neither selected player kicking a goal meaning the winner was decided on a tie-break.

Congratulations to puke on winning the first Swans board goal kicking competition, as the only player to not get knocked out at any stage during the course of this game. Well deserved win. :thumbsu:

I'll request a boot badge for you once Klim puts together the design. :)

A big thank you to everyone that participated. Given it's the first time tried to run one of these on this board, I thought it was quite successful given the amount of engagement we were able to get in this.

As we're still at the midway through the season, there's enough games left to run a second comp this year if there's enough interest, if there is a second game I'd probably make some tweaks to the rules to make it simpler and fairer. For now I'll give a week or so for some discussion and feedback.

Kirkswan mtooler scaryness SlingshotFooty caesar88 BloodySwan Jewelsbon MC Bad Genius PVF sataris Bloodied52 myyakhasfleas Jimbo OZ The King! GotTheGoodes grimlock Bonz swansfan51 Superstar swan SwansProudly SilentHunter_ Bloody SouthSwans Punts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't forgotten about this, I'm just really busy. Feel free to keep pestering me :thumbsu:.

Haven't forgotten about this, I'm just really busy. Feel free to keep pestering me :thumbsu:.
All good mate, keep me posted on how it's going. :)

GOALS

We were down to two remaining coming into round 11, puke went with the captain Kennedy and Woodie99 went with 200 gamer Hanners.

It came right down to the wire in the end with neither selected player kicking a goal meaning the winner was decided on a tie-break.

Congratulations to puke on winning the first Swans board goal kicking competition, as the only player to not get knocked out at any stage during the course of this game. Well deserved win. :thumbsu:

A big thank you to everyone that participated. Given it's the first time tried to run one of these on this board, I thought it was quite successful given the amount of engagement we were able to get in this.

As we're still at the midway through the season, there's enough games left to run a second comp this year if there's enough interest, if there is a second game I'd probably make some tweaks to the rules to make it simpler and fairer. For now I'll give a week or so for some discussion and feedback.

Kirkswan mtooler scaryness SlingshotFooty caesar88 BloodySwan Jewelsbon MC Bad Genius PVF sataris Bloodied52 myyakhasfleas Jimbo OZ The King! GotTheGoodes grimlock Bonz swansfan51 Superstar swan SwansProudly SilentHunter_ Bloody SouthSwans Punts

Huge effort Cloud. Much appreciated your contribution and effort- makes for a wonderful community spirit.

GOALS

I'm in for sure!

GOALS

Great work Cloud_ and congratulations to puke ! Outstanding effort!

I loved it, loved the buy back making it more difficult and the fact that I couldn't pick a winner if my life depended on it!! :rolleyes:

I'm in again :D

nZ12gWq.png

Good stuff Klim! :thumbsu:

In terms of a new comp, I'll start sign-ups during the bye week. With 9 games + probably finals to go I think we'll go with something similar to the Geelong board rules which should progress the game a bit quicker. Pretty much the same except no buy-backs, might add a few more ways to get immunity cards though.

Rules

Basic premise: Select one (1) Geelong goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. You can't pick the same player twice. The last remaining person left that hasn't been knocked out wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe. SELECTIONS MUST BE MADE IN BOLDCAPS TO COUNT.

Immunity Card: If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Cats' first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card. An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card. You can stockpile multiple immunities.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Forgetting: If you forget to put in a goal kicker you will be allocated the Cats player with the lowest guernsey number playing that round that eligible to be selected by you. E.g. If you have already selected Stanley (1) and Bartel (3) in previous rounds (so you cannot select them again) and Smedts (2) is playing, your selection will be Smedts. If Smedts isn't playing but Mackie (4) is, you'll get Mackie. And so on. [yes, I know these guernsey numbers are outdated but CBF updating them... :D ]

Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie (the last remaining participants bomb out in the same round) we will do a countback to tally how many goals their selected players picked up until that round. The most goals wins. If still tied, the player selected who kicked the most goals in a match wins. If still tied, buggered if I know, I'll make it up in the unlikely event that happens!

Enjoy! Let me know if you want in here. Any questions, fire away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back