Competitions Sydney Swans Goal Kicker Competition - 2019 - Congratulations Sataris!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello everyone, we're on the verge of another season so we're opening up sign-ups for a few competitions. The goal kicking comp is back after being introduced to the board last year, where you can win a shiny red and white badge
nZ12gWq.png
(designed by Klim) by successfully picking a goal kicker each round for longer than anyone else. Last year the winners were Kirkswan and puke .

=======================

Rules

Basic premise: Select one (1) Swans goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. You can't pick the same player twice. The last remaining person left that hasn't been knocked out wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Each round you get the chance to win one Immunity Card if any of the following applies.
  • If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Swans' first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card.
  • If your player is the outright leading goal kicker of the game then you earn an Immunity Card.
  • If your player is a debutant then you earn an Immunity Card.
An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card. You can stockpile multiple immunities.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Forgetting: If you forget to put in a goal kicker you will be allocated the Swans player with the lowest guernsey number playing that round that eligible to be selected by you. E.g. If you have already selected McVeigh (3) and Hannebery (4) in previous rounds (so you cannot select them again) and Heeney (5) is playing, your selection will be Heeney. If Heeney isn't playing but Rose (1) is, you'll get Rose. And so on.

Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie (the last remaining participants bomb out in the same round) we will do a countback to tally how many goals their selected players picked up until that round. The most goals wins. If still tied, the player selected who kicked the most goals in a match wins. If still tied, buggered if I know, I'll make it up in the unlikely event that happens! If we get to the end the season and there still isn't a winner we'll decide the result via tie-break.

Enjoy! Let me know if you want in here. Any questions, fire away.

Players:
Kirkswan
scaryness
storeymjs
Woodie99
Jewelsbon
swansfan51
SlingshotFooty
mtooler
sataris
Bloodied52
kelpie_X
caesar88
SilentHunter_
Cloud_
Bonz
MarkP
GotTheGoodes
SwansProudly

Last edited:

Hello everyone, we're on the verge of another season so we're opening up sign-ups for a few competitions. The goal kicking comp is back after being introduced to the board last year, where you can win a shiny red and white badge
nZ12gWq.png
(designed by Klim) by successfully picking a goal kicker each round for longer than anyone else. Last year the winners were Kirkswan and puke .

=======================

Rules

Basic premise: Select one (1) Swans goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. You can't pick the same player twice. The last remaining person left that hasn't been knocked out wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Each round you get the chance to win one Immunity Card if any of the following applies.
  • If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Swans' first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card.
  • If your player is the outright leading goal kicker of the game then you earn an Immunity Card.
An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card. You can stockpile multiple immunities.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Forgetting: If you forget to put in a goal kicker you will be allocated the Swans player with the lowest guernsey number playing that round that eligible to be selected by you. E.g. If you have already selected McVeigh (3) and Hannebery (4) in previous rounds (so you cannot select them again) and Heeney (5) is playing, your selection will be Heeney. If Heeney isn't playing but Rose (1) is, you'll get Rose. And so on.

Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie (the last remaining participants bomb out in the same round) we will do a countback to tally how many goals their selected players picked up until that round. The most goals wins. If still tied, the player selected who kicked the most goals in a match wins. If still tied, buggered if I know, I'll make it up in the unlikely event that happens! If we get to the end the season and there still isn't a winner we'll decide the result via tie-break.

This time I'll easily win! I'll take Parker for Round 1.

nZ12gWq.png

=======================

Rules

Also always end all tiebreakers with a coin flip. Helps with lawsuits =D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
R1: Blakey on debut

Reminder for people to make sure y'all picked someone in the team.

Kirkswan
scaryness
storeymjs
Woodie99
Jewelsbon
swansfan51
SlingshotFooty
mtooler
sataris

I'd like to get a few more in on board

RW
GotTheGoodes
caesar88
The King!
McEvoy
puke
Bonz
SwansProudly
SilentHunter_
MarkP
Bloodied52

Pretty easy game if you're interested. Gist is just to name a player before the game, and hope that they kick a goal. :)
I will grudgingly change my selection of Tippett to Parker

R1: Blakey on debut

Reminder for people to make sure y'all picked someone in the team.

Kirkswan
scaryness
storeymjs
Woodie99
Jewelsbon
swansfan51
SlingshotFooty
mtooler
sataris

I'd like to get a few more in on board

RW
GotTheGoodes
caesar88
The King!
McEvoy
puke
Bonz
SwansProudly
SilentHunter_
MarkP
Bloodied52

Pretty easy game if you're interested. Gist is just to name a player before the game, and hope that they kick a goal. :)

I'm doomed if there's a game time scratch, since I have to watch every game on replay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back