Competitions Sydney Swans Goal Kicker Competition - 2020 - Congratulations Jewelsbon!

Hi all, less than 2 weeks out I'm starting sign-ups for the goal kicking competition again. There's very little effort required and you can win a shiny red and white badge
proxy.php
(designed by Klim) by successfully picking a goal kicker each round. Post the name of a player each week in this thread and if kick a goal that week you stay alive is the basic premise. The person who outlasts everyone else is the winner (unless we go goalless in Round 1 and everyone gets eliminated, in which case I will promptly delete this thread and pretend it never happened).

Past winners:
2019: sataris - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...etition-2019-congratulations-sataris.1213364/
2018 II: Kirkswan - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ion-2018-ii-congratulations-kirkswan.1197327/
2018 I: puke - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ompetition-2018-congratulations-puke.1188721/

=======================

Rules

Basic premise: Select one (1) Swans goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. You can't pick the same player twice. The last remaining person left that hasn't been knocked out wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Each round you get the chance to win one Immunity Card if any of the following applies.
  • If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Swans' first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card.
  • If your player is the outright leading goal kicker of the game then you earn an Immunity Card.
  • If your player kicks a goal on AFL debut then you earn an Immunity Card.
An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card. You can stockpile multiple immunities.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Forgetting: If you forget to put in a goal kicker you will be allocated the Swans player with the lowest guernsey number playing that round that eligible to be selected by you. E.g. If you have already selected McVeigh (3) and Hannebery (4) in previous rounds (so you cannot select them again) and Heeney (5) is playing, your selection will be Heeney. If Heeney isn't playing but Rose (1) is, you'll get Rose. And so on.

Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie (the last remaining participants bomb out in the same round) we will do a countback to tally how many goals their selected players picked up until that round. The most goals wins. If still tied, the player selected who kicked the most goals in a match wins. If still tied, buggered if I know, I'll make it up in the unlikely event that happens! If we get to the end the season and there still isn't a winner we'll decide the result via tie-break.

Enjoy! Let me know if you want in here. Any questions, fire away.

Players:
scaryness
Kennedy Parker
Kirkswan
mtooler
storeymjs
Woodie99
swansfan51
caesar88
Bonz
Jewelsbon
SwansProudly
MarkP
Daniel B

Last edited:
I hadn't signed up as I feel I'm the world's biggest jinx and every time I've nominated someone, they and in fact the whole team, fail miserably, but seeing as this whole season is pretty much f'd anyway, why the hell not!
So in view of my statement above, I have decided to keep clear of the players we really need kicking goals for the benefit of the whole team and will pick players on the peripheral.

Week 1 - Lewis Taylor

scaryness
Kirkswan
mtooler
storeymjs
Woodie99
swansfan51
caesar88
Bonz
Jewelsbon
SwansProudly
MarkP

Alright folks, so I'm officially going to give it to Round 2 before I kick this off. We've got 12 in at the minute, I get the sense that there may be some who are sorting things out off site due to COVID so I'll just give it a bit more time in case anyone comes online after our first game.

I'll keep signups open until Thursday next week, if we get closer to 20 people in terms of numbers the game will progress with the current rules. If it stays 15 players or under I'm going to give everyone an Immunity Card to start off with.

scaryness
Kirkswan
mtooler
storeymjs
Woodie99
swansfan51
caesar88
Bonz
Jewelsbon
SwansProudly
MarkP

Alright folks, so I'm officially going to give it to Round 2 before I kick this off. We've got 12 in at the minute, I get the sense that there may be some who are sorting things out off site due to COVID so I'll just give it a bit more time in case anyone comes online after our first game.

I'll keep signups open until Thursday next week, if we get closer to 20 people in terms of numbers the game will progress with the current rules. If it stays 15 players or under I'm going to give everyone an Immunity Card to start off with.
Sounds great to me!

Has anyone told you lately how lucky we are that you're not only a BF guru, but a Swans fan in particular? If not, consider it done! We all really appreciate all you do for us!!!

scaryness
Kirkswan
mtooler
storeymjs
Woodie99
swansfan51
caesar88
Bonz
Jewelsbon
SwansProudly
MarkP

This will be the furthest I've ever gotten in this comp ;)

Back