2nds Sydney Swans Ressies 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Do the Reserves have access to much better top-ups due to some teams having their seasons over?
Given that some of the topups come from clubs still in the finals, I don't think they'll be giving the reserves any extra assistance. The Swans might get Kieran Emery back now that North Shore have been knocked out of the Sydney AFL finals.

I also forgot to add that the number of listed players allowed on the field drops from 13 to 12 for the finals. Not that that rule will make any difference give that the Swans are unlikely to field more than 12 in total for this game.

Due to the Canberra AFL finals all being played at Manuka, we should have some kind of meet-up before the game on Sunday - we had one before the last home final against the Roos a couple of years ago and we got a pretty good turnout if I remember! Is there anything on at the Overflow park (opposite ANZ stadium) this weekend? Perhaps an opportunity for a kick-to-kick?

Due to the Canberra AFL finals all being played at Manuka, we should have some kind of meet-up before the game on Sunday - we had one before the last home final against the Roos a couple of years ago and we got a pretty good turnout if I remember! Is there anything on at the Overflow park (opposite ANZ stadium) this weekend? Perhaps an opportunity for a kick-to-kick?

Meet on Sunday? The reserves game is on Saturday )))

Who is planning on coming down on Saturday to cheer on the boys?

Let me know if you are coming down and I can arrange a meeting place inside Manuka oval so all the Swans supporters can join voices and cheer the lads on. The more the merrier and better for the players to know they have some real support during the finals.

Alternatively contact Pat the coord for the local Swans supporters group via the Swans site.

We could do with a few more voices in the grandstand on Saturday))))

"It was hard to miss the large Mitch Donovan who shows wonderful athleticism. He was quick over a short distance and has a good leap but there is a reason that he is playing in the lower grades of the Sydney AFL. That reason being his football nous is lacking. Once he led into space and Johnston duly kicked into that space. For no obvious reason he just stopped allowing the Ainslie defender to mark unopposed. Johnston was not pleased and threw up his hands in exasperation. Donovan also failed to use his big frame to hold position in marking contests. He was the initial relief ruckman, but the Swans soon turned to Emery in this position perhaps having no confidence in Donovan's play."

Just on Mitch please dont make assumptions about his football nous given that I am his coach this year I think I probably know about more about him - just to set the record straight that game on the weekend was only the 10th game of AFL football in his life - he only picked up a footy when he came to us and I have played him in seniors since his arrival. He has played college basketball in America and professionaly in NZ prior to deciding for a change - he is one of the fastest learners I have come accross.

I wonder how many here on this board would have had the swans ringing them and asking to have a look at after only ten games.

Thanks for that and I apologise if I have offended you or Mitch - that was not my aim. I was not aware of his background and can only call it as I see it. I can see why he attracted the Swans's interest but I'm sure you'll agree with me that he still has a lot to learn. Best of luck to Mitch and hopefully we'll see him again in Swans colours.

Thanks for that and I apologise if I have offended you or Mitch - that was not my aim. I was not aware of his background and can only call it as I see it. I can see why he attracted the Swans's interest but I'm sure you'll agree with me that he still has a lot to learn. Best of luck to Mitch and hopefully we'll see him again in Swans colours.

No offended at all - he is a unique talent and the Swans were well aware of his limitations - He is like a sponge when it comes to information so Id like to think he continues to develop quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok i am def going now taking my friend Sam a new swans/ressies fan with me sooo excited ill be tweeting and updating the ressies page on the day but does anyone want me to look out for players Veszpremi would be the obvious one if he plays

I will be there on Saturday. If anyone wants to meet up and join voices with the small group of Canberra diehards we will be in the main grandstand at Manuka close to the Swans stats table.

Come and join us and cheer on the Ressies!!

AFL Canberra Competition - Semi Final
Sydney Swans Reserves v Ainslie
Sunday, September 5, 2:40pm, Manuka Oval

TEAM LIST:
57 Rohan BATES
19 Daniel BRADSHAW
55 Josh CAMERON
52 Tim CLEAVER

10 Daniel CURRIE
51 Kieran EMERY
56 Jerome FARRELL
44 Lachlan FELSMAN
50 Mal FERNIE
45 Nathan GORDON
47 Blake GUTHRIE
35 Campbell HEATH
23 Lewis JOHNSTON
36 Chris MCKAIGUE
28 Dylan MCNEIL
54 Khai MCPHERSON
43 Matthew O'DWYER
48 Jackson POTTER
22 Byron SUMNER
27 Kristin THORNTON
53 Sam TREVILLIAN
13 Patrick VESZPREMI

It looks like a half and half spilt this week between Swans list players and top ups / Acadamy players. Lets hope Bradshaw can play the full game as planned and make a big difference in the forward line. With him and Emery in the forward line there should be some headaches for Ainslie.

(let me know if I got the ID's wrong)

Its a swimming pool here at manuka going to be a very wet low scoring game

Thanks Soph

If that's the case Bradshaw does not play. If O'Dwyer is emergency for tomorrow he is in the back of our thoughts for plans at all for finals, he does not play or plays in the forward pocket. I would also be surprised if Thornton played based on his long lay off.

While that makes winning a little harder a loss while protecting the senior chances is better than running ragged players who may play seniors at some point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back