Preview 2016 Round 19 Sydney Swans v Freo Dockers "Craig Nettelbeck Cup"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing borderline about it.. except maybe my personality. I wouldnt wish injury upon anyone so maybe lighten up a bit. If it was career ending or an ACL id agree with your comments. But a week off for a dicky knee isn't really the end of the world now is it.
Maybe read the article? He's not off for a week, he's out for up to a month. I'm no fan of Sinclair but there's no way I'd express overt happiness that someone who pulled on a Swans jumper was injured in service to the club. But like you said, I guess it depends on your personality.

Maybe read the article? He's not off for a week, he's out for up to a month. I'm no fan of Sinclair but there's no way I'd express overt happiness that someone who pulled on a Swans jumper was injured in service to the club. But like you said, I guess it depends on your personality.
Ok

Geez I'm supposed to be a humourless mod and even I thought miggs' post was made with tongue very firmly in cheek. He was making fun of his own feelings towards Sinclair more than anything else. There's no need to judge others' personalities based on what they post here. That is all.

Geez I'm supposed to be a humourless mod and even I thought miggs' post was made with tongue very firmly in cheek. He was making fun of his own feelings towards Sinclair more than anything else. There's no need to judge others' personalities based on what they post here. That is all.
As always the voice of reason xoxox

I thought miggs was Rex Thomas who is cal so I don't know why kneecapper is getting involved, but hey, I am only one man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id like to start off by saying how much this news means to me. For months now i have been praying and hoping for news like this to come through. Id like to thank those that stood by me. Most notably Punts who was with me day 1. I know alot of you have seen the light lately and thats encouraging for me, but to have this kind of blessing placed upon our team i feel so humbled and at the same time excited for what lies in store for us. Its going to be an exciting few weeks ahead with the inclusion of anyone but sinclair. I for one cannot wait to see our performance dramatically increase. So once again, thank you all for the continued support. I knew we would make it one day. Days like this make me realise how blessed we truly are. The tough days battling through this type of personal demon was all worth it now. I love you all and finally thank you to our lord and savior jesus christ* for which if it wasnt for him things like this couldnt happen.

Had to go for a drive for an hour to cool off after this horrid post

Shame shame shame

Hope we start off well, last year in our three trips to Perth, our half time score was:

R4: 1.3.9
R17: 1.6.12
QF: 2.11.23

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I like the pattern here, we may well be in for 22 scoring shots by half time.

In all seriousness it's not great news, the ruck department is an area we can ill afford more injuries in, and I do believe Nankervis is a downgrade on Sinclair.

Interested to see the developmental duo go at it though and would love to see Toby step up with the added responsibility. With Tippett hopefully returning there is a chance we may have seen the last of Callum for the year.

Lazy reminder that our injuries at various points this year have included Kurt Tippett, Sam Reid, Michael Talia, Jarrad McVeigh, Ben McGlynn, Ted Richards, Callum Sinclair, Tom Papley, Harry Marsh, Alex Johnson, Jeremy Laidler, Zak Jones, Gary Rohan, Daniel Robinson. Each has a claim on a best 22 spot.

Yeah they've never all been out at the same time, but it means we've had a continuous run of injuries pretty much the whole season. We've never been able to field even a slight resemblance of a best 22 across multiple weeks. Coupled with the fact we've had seven debutants, as well as natural drops in form. It might explain why we have kinda stagnated. Hawthorn may be missing Roughy, but when you know your key forward is out for the season, it can actually play into your advantage. Clarkson's been able to shape a forward structure around not having Roughy there. Compare to us, and when we've had virtually every one of our forward players (besides Buddy) out for at least one game each, it makes things bloody difficult. I would much rather just have the odd bloke from a key position out for the whole season so a player can come in and just lock in that role for the year, kinda like Sicily has done at Hawthorn. This business where we're literally missing a handful of solid players every single week is getting a little exhausting tbh. But Horse & co haven't gotten enough credit for what they've done IMO.

Skills are ****, game-plan is ****, structures are ****. I'm willing to take a stab and say a lot of it has to do with how much tinkering on the magnet board Horse has had to do this year.

Shame Reid is nowhere near being ready
Despite the avalanche of snide remarks, I totally agree with you. Reid's long road back to full fitness has really hurt us and my fear is that he will have lost a lot of that forward momentum his career was having last year. Hopefully he comes back in and can have an immediate impact to shut up the haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back