Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
The Swans play their first home match at alphabet noodle stadium today against an Eagles side far from home. With both sides coming off recent losses performances by both teams have been so erratic of late I feel the best way to pick this one is just toss a coin and hope for the best.

West Coast have dropped 5 after their loss to the Bulldogs, with Liam Ryan suspended and news this afternoon says Gaff is a late out having injured a hand. Changes at the Swans are less dramatic with Rowbottom being managed and Brand no doubt paying for the worse handball seen this season. Sam Wicks returns from suspension and we're going to need his energy if we're going to win this one.

I'm sure the Swans faithful will be utterly delighted by news of umpire Stevic officiating :eekv1: :poo:

The Eagles boast a midfield of Tim Kelly, Luke Shuey, Dom Sheed, Jack Redden and Elliott Yeo , they're going to want to come back strong after that effort against the Bulldogs last week. The Swans meanwhile continue to lose games in a single quarter of football which is frustrating to point I'm sure JB-HIFI are making a fortune out Swan supporters buying new TVs.

Heeney and Blackey are under pressure to perform. Heeney's 0.3 last week in a 10 point loss game was a 'do better' and the less said about Blakey's form the better.

Milestones: Congratulations to John Longmire for 250th game as a coach.

Here's hoping the lads put in an effort and make him proud. For a man who has given us a GF win and some amazing years of dedicated service for our great club

We can't afford to get cute in this game. Just fracking win it!!

1625322213278.png

Port style effort will get us very close or the win.
Tbh a Port style effort probably nets us a 4 goal win.

But we don't do 4 goal wins.

Expecting a scrappy, low scoring affair. Sydney in control for most of the game and then kicking 2 late goals to bank the 4 points and ge the **** out of Geelong.

I'm excited to watch Blakey play tomorrow, hopefully in the backline as that's where he's played in the reserves. I'd also like to see Heeney starting in the middle or near the ball to get some early touches/confidence then move forward. Glad Wicks is back as his forward pressure is immense!

Rowbottom should only return if his body is 100% right or close to it.

I'm excited to watch Blakey play tomorrow, hopefully in the backline as that's where he's played in the reserves. I'd also like to see Heeney starting in the middle or near the ball to get some early touches/confidence then move forward. Glad Wicks is back as his forward pressure is immense!

Rowbottom should only return if his body is 100% right or close to it.

Rowbottom hasn't been right since round 1 how he escaped a ACL injury is a miracle with that hyperextension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pointless exercise for the club to send out surveys to fans & to ignore some fundamental complaints.

My main concern when filling one out last year when questioned about our m'ships & how we couldn't use them in 2020 only to sign up again in 2021 was that we don't have enough game at the MCG where we can get our seat without the need to pay extra for a guaranteed seat.
So the club apparently were happy to play this game at Geelong, totally ignoring this which would be a thing for many other Vic based members. My family is 5 & my brother's is 4 so that's 9 Swans members not attending the game today because it's not at the MCG or even Marvel.
Sounds like a whinge but once again the club is making some questionable decisions. All the while our cross town rivals get valuable game time on the MCG so all 10 of their Vic based fans can comfortably get there to watch their team along with the 3000 Melbourne supporters who couldn't afford the snow season this year.

We could have easily flexed our muscles citing the fact we have some 10,000 Vic based members who make some serious noise when at the G.
I'm disappointed to say the least, but hey, I've been a continuous paying member with my whole family for 30 years now, not getting value for money yet still paying so I guess the club knows I won't be going anywhere.
So reinforcing that it is a pointless exercise sending out surveys asking our thoughts but totally ignoring what may be similar thoughts from the majority of Vic based members.
We better win today!

I do not know what the acronyms GMWTH and GAGF mean. I do know the ground in my old age I would refer to as Kardinia Park but sponsors have paid big $$ to call it GMHBA :)
With dismal weather report :( it may be a close ugly game.
Bloods by 21 points - a John Heriot or Leo Barry #
#GoBloods #bloods #ProudlySydney #ProudlySouthMelbourne #ClubofTwoCities
Bloods 2021 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back