Game Day Sydney Swans v Western Bulldogs, 31 March, Docklands Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amartey returns for another party while Bailey Bogan returns for the SoBraves.

I have searched but could not find the selection announcement for the 3 Umps. Be assured they will be in form.**

Update: No Stevic! Unhappily three other Umps have been appointed from the Bulldogs Academy by the AFL.

I reckon we put the yapping whiners away by Nick Smith 40.

Last edited:

Sorry to be "that person", but can someone fix the spelling in the title please? I'm a grammar and spelling Nazi and tend to get a little OCD with errors.

Ha. It is often me. Thanks for that!

Who goes to Buddy, McLean, and Heeney?

On paper I would have thought it would be

Keath -> Buddy
Gardner -> McLean
Richards -> Heeney

But apparently Buddy has gotten the better of Keath once or twice recently.

Do you expect Amartey to play as the backup ruck, leaving McLean as a fulltime forward?

The inclusion of Amartey in place of McDonald gives Longmire a new option in the ruck and therefore more options in terms of forward setup.

Should be a good game.

This is probably a dumb question, but I haven't been to the football here in Melbourne for 2 years.

Are you able to stand at Docklands, up the back on the ground level, like before the pandemic?

I don't want to get there tonight and have someone telling me I have to go up to the 3rd tier and find a seat.

Every week I ponder which numpty might have a career best game against us (before fading straight back into numptyness).

Previous notable offenders include Tom Boyd, Sam Lloyd and Alex Sexton.

This game - Zaine Cordy, come on down!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably a dumb question, but I haven't been to the football here in Melbourne for 2 years.

Are you able to stand at Docklands, up the back on the ground level, like before the pandemic?

I don't want to get there tonight and have someone telling me I have to go up to the 3rd tier and find a seat.
standing is back!

Well pumped for this. After their 0-2 start, I'm now more confident with this game then I was round 1.

Nullify Libba, we win the game. Back our mids to atleast match, but don't think we even have to do that. Buddy will give Keath a bath, Heeney/Parker rolling forward combo is going to be a nightmare for the Dogs. And after T Macs body work on Hawkins last week, Naughton will have zero impact.

See you all there.
Swans by 22.

Well pumped for this. After their 0-2 start, I'm now more confident with this game then I was round 1.

Nullify Libba, we win the game. Back our mids to atleast match, but don't think we even have to do that. Buddy will give Keath a bath, Heeney/Parker rolling forward combo is going to be a nightmare for the Dogs. And after T Macs body work on Hawkins last week, Naughton will have zero impact.

See you all there.
Swans by 22.
Libba is playing forward this year, probably more in a Wicks role. He is there to get the ball when it goes to ground in the I50. That means we only need to nullify Bont, MacRae, Dunkley, Treloar, B. Smith, etc...

Interested to see our start as last week was such an emotional game. I wouldn't be surprised if we came out flat but I hope we don't. If we match their intensity for the 1st quarter then our running power and clean ball use will overwhelm them later in the game, similar to the gws game.
I'm hoping we let our emotion out in the restart of the 4th term last week

Interested to see our start as last week was such an emotional game. I wouldn't be surprised if we came out flat but I hope we don't. If we match their intensity for the 1st quarter then our running power and clean ball use will overwhelm them later in the game, similar to the gws game.

Not taking away from Buddy's moment, but I'm pretty sure it would've only been emotional for him. For the other boys it would've been 30 minutes of madness that they then would've spent the last week cracking jokes about. Even Buddy would've had enough time to get over it and acknowledge that it's a great achievement but life goes on.

I'll be really disappointed if the boys intensity isn't at 100% tonight.

Huge game this. If we can start off the season with 2 wins against top four sides (at least post-finals) and GWS, that will be astronomically important to our top four chances.

Looking at our upcoming fixtures, if we can get out of this one 3-0, we're every chance of going into the bye at something like 9-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back