Preview Sydney Swans vs Brisbane Lions - The making of an absolute classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JPK can only be oart of the B or C mids team. This means small bursts.

For the rest of the game Horse needs to find a spot aside from the bench
where the damage is minimised. I still think a FP or HFF putting the handbrake on Rich is worth a shot.

The Brions have great smalls and mediums, each of whom would be likely to tear JPK a new one, so he is unlikely to play down back.
And that is all we need from him. They need to orchestrate a suitable rotation to achieve this like I said in an earlier post and if they can't the problem is them not Kennedy. We need him through the midfield for periods especially if Neale is imposing himself at stoppages. Win a few and get the momentum back on an at least an equal footing.

Regarding discussion of Blakey as tall defender, I would love to see him try to grow into a CHB. Combined with for example McInerney and Campbell at half back, that is a scary half forward line for oppositions to kick into. Get it wrong and the ball is quickly going back over your head, and with pinpoint precision, to Swans streaming forwards. The temptation would therefore be to bomb it longer where our deep defenders could double up.

For the opposition CHF, they would need to be accountable to Blakey at most times and run more than they would like to defensively, including out of position. It could create so much indecision and disruption for opposition forwards. Just need Blakey to amp up his 1:1 defence.

Keen to see how Blakey goes if he defends against resting ruck this weekend!

Regarding discussion of Blakey as tall defender, I would love to see him try to grow into a CHB. Combined with for example McInerney and Campbell at half back, that is a scary half forward line for oppositions to kick into. Get it wrong and the ball is quickly going back over your head, and with pinpoint precision, to Swans streaming forwards. The temptation would therefore be to bomb it longer where our deep defenders could double up.

For the opposition CHF, they would need to be accountable to Blakey at most times and run more than they would like to defensively, including out of position. It could create so much indecision and disruption for opposition forwards. Just need Blakey to amp up his 1:1 defence.

Keen to see how Blakey goes if he defends against resting ruck this weekend!
He can scrap

Accurate summation. Having said that it doesn't help when you have Cunningham & Lloyd trailing in like sheep dogs. Headless chooks.

Cunningham has never been brilliant one on one and Llyod has different strengths.

Our defence isn't traditionally strong one on one, we create our game by coming across and cutting off the contest or allowing a one on one out wide instead of the corridor.

If we don't pressure the ball carrier it doesn't allow us the ability to create congestion in defensive 50 as it allows players to get on the leave.

When were shorter than the opposition their going to maul us and take a bunch of contested marks.

When we're taller than the opposition their going to run the ball without pressure and take a bunch of uncontested marks.

I think height may be one of the lesser important stats in a game.

Training guernseys - JPK and Sinclair in the baby blue suggesting they are not in the final 22.

8QNOEIi.jpeg

8ZhehiB.jpeg
Doesn't suggest anything of the sort. They got rid of that sort of thinking long ago as it made it easy for opposition teams to pick off the side that would play

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These two sides probably have the best forward lines in game atm.

Bailey, McCarthy, McStay, Daniher, Rayner, Fort, and Cameron.

Vs

Papley, Heeney/Parker, McLean, Hayward, Reid, Franklin, and Ronke.

I think we have the better best and the worse worst imo.

blakey's agility and leap are what will count, he's unlikely to be caught two often in a one-on-one wrestle ... if that's happening we're in strife
but he can stand off and run at contests, and hopefully spoil or mark and take off on the rebound, coz then he'll be too quick for any of the bigger forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back