Autopsy Sydney Swans Vs Carlton Blues. What you learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd should be on the block

He hates pressure , won't stand in finals
Are you serious? He had 28 possessions off half back, ran straight and gave us drive out of defence. He has found his position. I must admit I missed the ball going backwards and the slow entry out of defence as it does normally with the absent skipper.

That was an abomination. I can't remember feeling so dejected after a win. No composure at all at the end with those panicked kicks down the line to - could very easily have lost.

A long way from where we need to be if we want to play in a Prelim and beyond. We've shown enough this year to suggest we are good enough, need to recover it quickly.

On the plus side Aliir continues to impress.

While I am on a roll.....being held off the ball is clearly a rule that is no longer policed. Went both ways, however I clearly noticed our players being pulled off the ball without possession in a number of contests with play on the usual call

Are you serious? He had 28 possessions off half back, ran straight and gave us drive out of defence. He has found his position. I must admit I missed the ball going backwards and the slow entry out of defence as it does normally with the absent skipper.
He's weak defensively, if he stays there long term he will be targeted

Can someone who's better with stats than i figure out average age and games played for today please? Would be interesting to see, don't remember a swans team that young.

I don't have much to add about the game apart from what has already been said, probably one of the worst wins I have seen.
I don't like this thing where we appear to shut up shop in the last quarter as it invites them to come at us. We are becoming too defensive and seem to have lost confidence in our ability to score.

Also, the umpiring isn't getting any better.

1.We won.

2. aliir is a gun. Looks very experienced already.

3.Mills does not get the accolades he deserves. If someone had not seen him play before and you told them he was a 150gamer...they would believe you.

4. There will be a midfield spot for heeney freed up at the end of the season.

5. Papley is going to be a great player in the future, howeve imo he gets a little hungry inside 50. Needs to look for options.

6. towers.....ok he has improved but he shits the bed under pressure time and time again. Hes not a kid, not sure he will ever get the poise required at this level

I don't like this thing where we appear to shut up shop in the last quarter as it invites them to come at us. We are becoming too defensive and seem to have lost confidence in our ability to score.
This is a point I forgot to make actually, why is this the case? It is stupid. I have a hunch it is because of Kirky.

Can someone who's better with stats than i figure out average age and games played for today please? Would be interesting to see, don't remember a swans team that young.
Average age today was 3 months older than the Collingwood premiership team of 2010

IE 24 years 5 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.We won.

2. aliir is a gun. Looks very experienced already.

3.Mills does not get the accolades he deserves. If someone had not seen him play before and you told them he was a 150gamer...they would believe you.

4. There will be a midfield spot for heeney freed up at the end of the season.

5. Papley is going to be a great player in the future, howeve imo he gets a little hungry inside 50. Needs to look for options.

6. towers.....ok he has improved but he shits the bed under pressure time and time again. Hes not a kid, not sure he will ever get the poise required at this level

Mills needs to stop giving away dumb 50s

I don't have much to add about the game apart from what has already been said, probably one of the worst wins I have seen.

Also, the umpiring isn't getting any better.
Yeah way too early. Seems to now be a phobia on manning/structuring up, whereas opposition are going after the ball and getting it.

How about a little perspective.

at the start of the year, if someone said that we will field a team that consists of-

AA
xr
mills
heeney
foote
hewett
papley
naismith

without tippo, would you really expect a 100 point win..even against carlton.

we did enough to win and we need some exp back before finals.

Difference between the round 3 side that won by 12 goals?

Difference between the round 3 side that won by 12 goals?
No two game are ever alike. We have just come off 3 big weeks against the hawks, bulldogs and the cats. Should have won all 3. Youth is exciting, but they are not yet conditioned to afl footy. they will be tired and will be sore.

its great that we have so many talented kids, but i would not bank on them all physically standing up by the time september rolls around

He's weak defensively, if he stays there long term he will be targeted
He played off the half back line today. How many possessions did his opponent get? How many goals? He was almost the best man on the ground. Of course he will be targeted. As are all running defenders. We have a running defender who has pace which we will need.On the evidence in todays game where did he fail under pressure?

How about a little perspective.

at the start of the year, if someone said that we will field a team that consists of-

AA
xr
mills
heeney
foote
hewett
papley
naismith

without tippo, would you really expect a 100 point win..even against carlton.

we did enough to win and we need some exp back before finals.

I don't rate the experience though. McVeigh, McGlynn and Teddy can stay out for the rest of the year IMO. Tippett is an obvious one. But other than that I think we need to back the kids. Get them used to the pressure contests and hope our seniors who are out of form (Hanners, Buddy, Jack, Grundy) just lift, which I'm sure they will.

McVeigh for Cunningham is the only thing I'd consider changing facing a similarly inexperienced Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back