Preview Sydney Swans vs Collingwood, Round 9, Saturday 15 May @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a common injury with young players isn't it?

Yep, just goes to show the stress on young bodies playing senior football.

The club has definitely done the right thing with blokes like McDonald and Campbell and are going to be ultra cautious with Gulden and give him a good spell.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

The thing that confuses me with Stephens is I don think he has been that bad when he plays for us. I think considering his age he has been pretty good. I don't understand Longmire's refusal to play him.
He is still young, his time will come. Warner has risen above him atm

The thing that confuses me with Stephens is I don think he has been that bad when he plays for us. I think considering his age he has been pretty good. I don't understand Longmire's refusal to play him.

Presumably his unwillingness to re-sign.

It's not even the non-selection of Stephens that bothers me. He was stiffed to be dropped but he also hasn't been banging the door down so understand if the coaches prefer him to keep going at it in the reserves.

It's more the selection of Blakey that irks me. What exactly has he done since being dropped? Played a very ordinary game in the VFL, and then had a run around the MCG after last week's match? How is that conducive to some kind of form turn-around? If we're gonna have a young player (Blakey & Stephens are only a year apart in age) running around on the wing not quite impacting as much as we'd like, I'd prefer it to at least be the kid who deserves to be out there on form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who says we have even opened discussions with his manger yet?

The crap thrown around on here is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would be pretty odd to re-sign a West Australian in Warner and not even talk to Stephens' manager. Out of all our youngsters we just so happen to not be wanting to re-sign him, just cos.

Yeah, the crap thrown around here is pretty funny.

Swans did start to negotiation with Stephens and nothing happened and it went away.

Maybe the large external offer was already on the plate and he compared them and the Swans know what is going to happen now.

Giving my opinion is that we will not hear about Stephens contract again.

He is way done the pecking order with TMc, Dawson, Parker etc to be done and likely low- balled him and Crows have plenty.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm foolishly clinging to the hope that Hewett will be in the midfield this week. Put Blakey or Warner or someone on a forward flank and then send Hayward back to defence instead of Hewett.
They won’t put Warner to a flank , he is our next best explosive mid

Blakey will be running up and down the wing with oranges for the boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back