Preview Sydney Swans vs Collingwood, Round 9, Saturday 15 May @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McLean has earned another game imo. Sinclair in for structure

Gulden to rotate out for someone. Heeney for Hayward if fit maybe
We simply can't afford to have 3 immobile talks in the forwards. I would replace Sinclair with Logan. Sinclair hasnt done enough to justify his spot. At the smaller SCG Hickey will have it covered.
Re Gulden, feel like he is adding more than Wicks right now but I'm not sure who is busting down the door if Heeney isnt fit?

We simply can't afford to have 3 immobile talks in the forwards. I would replace Sinclair with Logan. Sinclair hasnt done enough to justify his spot. At the smaller SCG Hickey will have it covered.
Re Gulden, feel like he is adding more than Wicks right now but I'm not sure who is busting down the door if Heeney isnt fit?
Here is the thing: They won't ruck McLean. So Sinclair or Reid has to ruck to help out Hickey. Sinclair is in.

McLean, Buddy and McDonald take the next forward spots. Unless Heeney is fit (plays as a tall), you pick two of them

Here is the thing: They won't ruck McLean. So Sinclair or Reid has to ruck to help out Hickey. Sinclair is in.

McLean, Buddy and McDonald take the next forward spots. Unless Heeney is fit (plays as a tall), you pick two of them
Fox can pinch hit in the ruck just as effectively as Sinkers.

Our forward line with Buddy, McL and Sinkers just doesn’t work. As most here pointed out BEFORE the Melb game.

As much as Blakey is maligned, he adds a bit of speed through the mids.

Stephens adds skill and outside run.

We need one (or both) in & one of the tall forwards out.

Our forward line with Buddy, McL and Sinkers just doesn’t work. As most here pointed out BEFORE the Melb game.

I agree but I think the best option is to not have Sinclair in the side BUT that's not an option

Doesn’t have the tank to get around the ground.

Has been running big clicks. Only needed for 6 or 8 minutes a quarter.

Like everyone I greatly admire Sinkers but he is really long gone.

I agree but I think the best option is to not have Sinclair in the side BUT that's not an option

McLean as second ruck is an option but for whatever reason they are not taking it.

Amartey would almost be more effective than Sinclair in the second ruck role (and I’ve never been an advocate for Amartey).

I just think Sinclair is done.

I’d have Franklin, McDonald and McLean (who second rucks).

Despite McLeans performance last week I still feel he is a very limited player that needs things going his way to be effective.

Out: Sinclair, Cor
In: Hewett, Heeney (if fit) or Stephens

Agree that we were too tall up forward. With Fox our 3rd tall defender he can also pinch hit in the ruck with no Sinclair/Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked - but not sure about resting JPK. I suspect we’d really miss his hardness against the Pies.

I’d prefer either CoR or McL out (with Fox to provide ruck support).

Yep. JPK was our struggling mid and just looked knackered.

I thought COR and Harry did well in negating their Oppo. COR did nothing wrong but I would like him to be more attacking. I would also like Harry to move the ball on a lot better

As a Borough supporter I have taken special interest in Sinkers but his chest has turned into a trampoline when marking and his timing is just out. Whether this is form or age I do not know. Attempting one handed pack marks may be a sign he has no spring left. The Umps stiffed McLean on two marks within range (but meh I am not an ump blamer beyond 2016)

Fox can pinch hit in the ruck ? On last night he should be pinching himself because he was ****ing awful. Him and that clown Cunningham. Melbourne forwards eyes lit up every time one of them had the ball. Both would be lucky to be on another AFL list. If we are hoping to challenge for a flag in a couple of years and they are best 22 we are ******* dreaming.

Fox can pinch hit in the ruck ? On last night he should be pinching himself because he was ****ing awful. Him and that clown Cunningham. Melbourne forwards eyes lit up every time one of them had the ball. Both would be lucky to be on another AFL list. If we are hoping to challenge for a flag in a couple of years and they are best 22 we are ******* dreaming.
I wasn’t that wrapped with these two either. Cunningham’s role was hard to get a handle on watching on TV, Seimming against the tide but Fox to me just looked like a liability most of the time, ball in hand or mot.

Did a good job on fritch
Can’t argue that, the other tasks he had to execute I am not as convinced. Mind you McCartin may be a little out of sorts as well....where are we at a Gould and Brand

Fox went at 73%.
Cunningham at 77%.
Watch the game.

Did a good job on fritch

Sorry Punts going to disagree. He is a panic merchant. He is a turnover waiting to happen every time he touches it. Twice last night handballing to stationary players who had opposition sitting right on them shows his decision making is not up to it in a pressure situation. You play in defence against a side that applies good forward pressure you need to be up to it. Fox is not.

Fox went at 73%.
Cunningham at 77%.
Watch the game.
And Cunningham played on Pickett and Fox on Fritsch for much of the game.
Leading goalscorers going into the game for Melbourne; Fritsch & Pickett.
Goals between them last night; zero.

So yep I'm also in the let's give Cunningham & Fox a tick camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back