Preview Sydney Swans vs Collingwood, Round 9, Saturday 15 May @ SCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
What a f*n joke. Maybe the front office at the Swans could do something more useful
Maybe you are the f*n joke. To write of a young player when we have a strong set of mids is insane. Maybe he is nor good enough. But if you made the same decision about Dawson at the same stage of his career you would look like a dunce.

Well lost in all the negativity, which I'm not acquitting myself of blame for, is that Heeney & Hewett are back! Yay! Definitely two of our better players and both provide that touch of class around the ground that, with all due respect, nearly all others don't have.

It also hopefully means a return of the Hewett to Heeney pass, which I maintain is the hallmark of our ball movement when it's on.

Maybe you are the f*n joke. To write of a young player when we have a strong set of mids is insane. Maybe he is nor good enough. But if you made the same decision about Dawson at the same stage of his career you would look like a dunce.

Oh dear. I was one of the first Dawson supporters, if you care to look back.

Everyone gets you are the work experience kid. Nothing wrong with that.

Donza

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2016
The Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Black Caps the Mighty All Black
Well lost in all the negativity, which I'm not acquitting myself of blame for, is that Heeney & Hewett are back! Yay! Definitely two of our better players and both provide that touch of class around the ground that, with all due respect, nearly all others don't have.

It also hopefully means a return of the Hewett to Heeney pass, which I maintain is the hallmark of our ball movement when it's on.
I'm happy with the changes.
Even though I'm not the biggest Hewett fan. I'd rather him in than COR.
He is a more versatile player if someone like Steele Sb gets on the bike.
Lock down

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Swans did start to negotiation with Stephens and nothing happened and it went away.

Maybe the large external offer was already on the plate and he compared them and the Swans know what is going to happen now.

Giving my opinion is that we will not hear about Stephens contract again.

He is way done the pecking order with TMc, Dawson, Parker etc to be done and likely low- balled him and Crows have plenty.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Ok, but if he leaves as a reserve-grader, we’ll get stuff all compo.

If he’s good enough, play him.

Wh

What is your beef with Stephens then? I do not get the negativity. He is very young and skinny. btw I was a Dawson supporter too.

what!!! I am a big time Stephens fan.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY
In: G.Hewett, I.Heeney, N.Blakey
Out: E.Gulden (injured), C.O'Riordan (omitted), C.Sinclair (omitted)

Whats wrong with gulden?

Looks like hewett is back in Defence, which isnt ideal.

Still not sure how Blakey is ahead of Stephens when he didnt perform that grear at vfl level
The
Stephens is working on his game.

He is still young, his time will come. Warner has risen above him atm

Risen above him ? He is streets ahead of him. Stephens is struggling to make his way because of a lack of physicality in the contest. The other bloke would run through a brick wall and even though only 2 years in leads from the front and has future captain written all over him.

I'm happy with the changes.
Even though I'm not the biggest Hewett fan. I'd rather him in than COR.
He is a more versatile player if someone like Steele Sb gets on the bike.
Lock down

What?? Steele plays for the Tainted, not the Colly Crims.

The

Risen above him ? He is streets ahead of him. Stephens is struggling to make his way because of a lack of physicality in the contest. The other bloke would run through a brick wall and even though only 2 years leads from the front and has future captain written all over him.

Complete and utter Shyte

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I think Stephens is valued at the club. Midfield roles are scarce. That is why it is insane to bring in a Patrick Cripps. Blows our salary cap. What does it say to our team who are all earning less. Stephens body is developing. He maybe needs one more preseason and he will be in the team. Everyone jumping at shadows because he is not in the team he will be hunted or traded. We have a strong team. Especially in the mids. Yes they are young. You need to earn the right. Stephens is fine. He is developing and will take his place in the team when he is ready.
Cripps ?

You are old indeed ! Your talking about Rin Tin Tin now ! I’ll make you hot milo and roll down the blankets.

Being a poster of the Westerly persuasion, I have seen you as the classical Walter Brennan type.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Only way putting in Blakey makes half sense is that he is the second ruck to Hickey after Sinclair getting dropped.

Not saying play Stephens for the whole season but at least, at least give him a block of games to impress. Not every youngster will develop the same way. Some need to play through mistakes and learn the tricks of the trade. One game in and out of the side in a win... clearly needed time to get comfortable. Rhythm matters a lot in a player. If there is no sign of being a good player anytime soon or is getting tired, then drop him.

Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Gulden could be out for a few weeks. Wicks/Gulden are our best defensive small forwards. So Bell is probably the best defensive replacement. But I think Blakey is the best attacking replacement. He has a bit of pace and capable of decent creative kicks.

I am not sure who the alternatives are to fill in for Gulden for a few weeks. Stephens seems more of a winger/mid than a forward. Alternatives could be Lewis Taylor, Sheather, Gray or replacing Gulden with a tall. Or moving players from other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back