Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Gulden could be out for a few weeks. Wicks/Gulden are our best defensive small forwards. So Bell is probably the best defensive replacement. But I think Blakey is the best attacking replacement. He has a bit of pace and capable of decent creative kicks.

I am not sure who the alternatives are to fill in for Gulden for a few weeks. Stephens seems more of a winger/mid than a forward. Alternatives could be Lewis Taylor, Sheather, Gray or replacing Gulden with a tall. Or moving players from other positions.
Gray an alternate ?

Here’s the soap. Use it to wash your mouth out.

Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I just feel that if we had replaced Gulden with Bell or Taylor, there would be some people that would still be unhappy.

Blakey replacing Gulden as a half forward could actually be a good thing for Stephens. Previously he was competing with Florent, Mcinerney and Blakey for 2-3 wing positions. Now he has more chance of being selected if a wing position opens up.

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I just feel that if we had replaced Gulden with Bell or Taylor, there would be some people that would still be unhappy.

Blakey replacing Gulden as a half forward could actually be a good thing for Stephens. Previously he was competing with Florent, Mcinerney and Blakey for 2-3 wing positions. Now he has more chance of being selected if a wing position opens up.
Stephens needs another preseason

kelpie_X

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty sure it isn't meant to be sexist as I thought it is simply referring to the woman named Karen who made the video of her confrontation at Bunnings. HOWEVER, if it is being perceived as sexist then I am more than happy to not use it as well, as I am a white male with no idea and who needs my wife to advise me of some of these things from time to time.
OK Daaaaaave

Joycerama

Team Captain
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
The

Risen above him ? He is streets ahead of him. Stephens is struggling to make his way because of a lack of physicality in the contest. The other bloke would run through a brick wall and even though only 2 years in leads from the front and has future captain written all over him.
You just hit the nail on the head. He falls off tackles let a piece of wet lettuce.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
reckon Blackey will help out in the ruck.. that might have got him over the line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Blakey went out of the team because of his corkie. It was a case of him not being fit enough to contribute to seniors and running it off in the twos. They probably gave him the extra week off as sub.

He was never dropped to serve an apprenticeship in the twos. He didn’t need to show form (he was just out there for a trundle) because he was never dropped because of form.

To find out Gulden will miss 6 with a foot problem really annoys me & is poor player management. He shoukd have been licked in for a rest after 5 or 6 weeks. He's been way out of it compared to his early form.

I said after maybe Round 2 that our medical staff should be busy devising rotation schedules for our youngsters to keep them fresh. Apparently they were too busy picking their noses to do that.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I said after maybe Round 2 that our medical staff should be busy devising rotation schedules for our youngsters to keep them fresh. Apparently they were too busy picking their noses to do that.
I thought our medical staff have been doing a pretty good job. We have one of the shorter injury lists and a few players we thought were stuffed have recovered faster than Lazarus.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Game day thread is now up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back