Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMU Mustangs, Matildas
Swans coming off one of those losses you somehow feel okay about.

Pies scraping a win against the dreadful North Melbourne.

We might be on different sides of the ledger but there's a clear favorite in this one and it ain't Collingwood.

Match the attitude we brought to the Dees game this weekend and we'll have it wrapped up by 3/4 time.

Swans by 30.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
The number of youngsters in our team has declined each week.

Hoping to see a few back for the Pies.

Out: Sinclair, CoR
In: Blakey, Stephens

Buddy survives on reputation, not form.

Suspect Heeney will miss again.

Against Collingwood we will be the hunter.
I don’t think they’ll drop Sinclair whilst Reid is out.

I actually doubt they’ll make any unforced changes given the 2s didn’t play. Maybe Hewett for O’Riordan.

One of the nice things tonight was seeing players like Blakey and Hewett fit to play and not selected. We have depth.
and Campbell, McDonald, Stephens with injured players Heeney (unknown), Reid (1-2 weeks), Melican (1-2 weeks) to come back in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*edit wooo not a night game!

Lovely 1:45 start.

Fun fact: The last time we played an afternoon game against Collingwood was Round 21, 2009 at the MCG

1999 was the last day game at the SCG

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
This game will colour the Melbourne game. If we lose the Melbourne game will mean much less.

To take a line out of Punts book:
"No excuses“

I want to see us follow up this performance and put them to the sword.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I don’t think they’ll drop Sinclair whilst Reid is out.

I actually doubt they’ll make any unforced changes given the 2s didn’t play. Maybe Hewett for O’Riordan.

One of the nice things tonight was seeing players like Blakey and Hewett fit to play and not selected. We have depth.
I'd rather McLean be the backup ruck and we play McDonald again. Go smaller and bring in Stephens, Blakey or Hewett but Sinclair was awful last night. Don't think he brings anything to the team right now

Sinclair has to go or McLean if there so desperately to play a 2nd ruck

Would not be one bit surprised if they drop Cor for hewett which I dont agree on because hewett isn’t a defender

Some want wicks and gulden gone but we need defencive pressure especially with McLean and Franklin providing none

Swans22

Team Captain
Aug 27, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Bring the same intensity and we'll smash the pies. But it appears that we are getting up for the big games and falling away against the lower teams. Hopefully this is addressed this week. Sinclair has to go. Wouldnt mind Buddy being rested either - didnt look right. Bring Logan and Stephen's back in. And lets lower our eyes going forward pls!

Swans22

Team Captain
Aug 27, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Buddy absolutely stunk it up last night.

The fact that he seemingly couldn’t kick 50 suggests he’s not 100%.

Perhaps he just had an off night. But he’s no longer good enough to demand a spot if (?) he’s not fit.
He just shouldn't be a focal point any more.. good decoy runner. The truth is - in most games we have looked far better without him. When he is there we seem be happy to bomb it in, and are ignoring the shorter and better options. Problem he is impossible to ignore! He demands it and be is buddy!

Swans22

Team Captain
Aug 27, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Sinclair has to go or McLean if there so desperately to play a 2nd ruck

Would not be one bit surprised if they drop Cor for hewett which I dont agree on because hewett isn’t a defender

Some want wicks and gulden gone but we need defencive pressure especially with McLean and Franklin providing none
Agreed re Wicks and Gulden to a degree... they still need to impact the scoreboard more. But the forward 50 pressure was excellent last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back