Preview Sydney Swans vs Collingwood Sunday 14th August @SCG - The Birds of a Feather Knock Out Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really like adding a debutant as an emergency (assuming that's the case).

If you name someone for their first game, they should play.

Emergencies don't have a game added to their stat. Medi subs do. Gould will play vfl before.

They don’t usually. Gould’s been named as an emergency a few times before but as far as I remember he’s never had ‘Debut’ against his name when that’s happened.

Dear Jesus,

I know we don't talk often and whilst I often deny your powers, please in love of a that is Holy, do not let Bell be in the named side this weekend. Sub or other wise.

Cheers

They don’t usually. Gould’s been named as an emergency a few times before but as far as I remember he’s never had ‘Debut’ against his name when that’s happened.
That’s because before last week we’d only had one Sunday game for the season. Emergencies for Sunday games are named as ‘ins’ on Thursday night as it’s a 26 man squad. Cut down to 22 tomorrow evening

Bell is once ahead of Sheldrick & Roberts.

That creates a range of emotions, ranging from mild annoyance to deep frustration.
To be fair, I don't think Sheldrick & Roberts are banging the door down really...

To be fair, I don't think Sheldrick & Roberts are banging the door down really...
They’re both going OK - but I do agree they’re not screaming “select me” over any of the incumbents.

I think my underlying point is more around how many times does Bell get recycled into the side before the conclusion is reached that he’s just not quite AFL standard? Feels like it’s already been quite a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re both going OK - but I do agree they’re not screaming “select me” over any of the incumbents.

I think my underlying point is more around how many times does Bell get recycled into the side before the conclusion is reached that he’s just not quite AFL standard? Feels like it’s already been quite a few.
I think it's because he's a relatively safe choice who doesn't make much of a difference to whether we win or lose. Can see how that would be appealing for Horse.

Emergency sub will be Bell or Campbell. Can't imagine it being any of the others listed
I want it to be Campbell but continuity in the 2s would also be good for him

Flu apparently going through the club. McCreery, Elliott and Carmichael affected so far.
I think it's because he's a relatively safe choice who doesn't make much of a difference to whether we win or lose. Can see how that would be appealing for Horse.
Well he missed a set shot from point blank range last year that sank the ship…I really would rather not have a repeat of that.

I'm not opposed to a tall medi-sub. There seems to be this myth that if you're gonna bring someone on mid-game that they should be a running type, but I've seen very few teams lose speed over the course of a match, while I have seen an endless number of teams lose their structure when a tall has gone down.

Well he missed a set shot from point blank range last year that sank the ship…I really would rather not have a repeat of that.
Yep I'm not saying I'd pick him. In fact if it were up to me he'd have been delisted last year. But I can see why for a coach the idea of someone like Bell is appealing. Just a non-offensive pick who Horse can assign a role to to free someone more damaging up if the need arises. Fans seem to think the medi-sub needs to add something extra to the team, but often medi-subs seem to be chosen to mitigate any further damage caused by the loss of the injured player.

Or maybe he saw we have a better winning record with Bell in the team over the last two seasons than we do with Warner, and thought, "Hang on a minute..." ;)

You remember Sheldrick's first game with that soccer grubber to Heeney that resulted in a goal.
Just because players are not lighting it up in the twos does not mean that they will not be better in the ones.
Shane Warne was not much at state level. He did OK in the limelight.
With better players around them, players like Sheldrick and Roberts can shine better.
Another preseason and Swans will have genuine depth and excitement.

Hi HO!

If you haven't listened to Brenton Sanderson's breakdown on how the Swan's can beat Collingwood then come on over the Media thread and have a listen.

Hi HO!

If you haven't listened to Brenton Sanderson's breakdown on how the Swan's can beat Collingwood then come on over the Media thread and have a listen.

They started recording Sanderson's breakdown on what Collingwood need to do to beat us this morning but ran out of studio time before they could finish it.

I'm not opposed to a tall medi-sub. There seems to be this myth that if you're gonna bring someone on mid-game that they should be a running type, but I've seen very few teams lose speed over the course of a match, while I have seen an endless number of teams lose their structure when a tall has gone down.
Not totally against it, but Only in the dry and better weather.

Lions got crucified by Tigers when they had Darcy fort as the medi sub and likewise Tigers got the same treatment when Soldo was medi sub v Cats.

You remember Sheldrick's first game with that soccer grubber to Heeney that resulted in a goal.
Just because players are not lighting it up in the twos does not mean that they will not be better in the ones.
Shane Warne was not much at state level. He did OK in the limelight.
With better players around them, players like Sheldrick and Roberts can shine better.
Another preseason and Swans will have genuine depth and excitement.
There is a bit of truth to, but someone needs big kahunas to back the player in at this time of the year.I prefer to go with a settled lineup Unless injury gets in the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back