Preview Sydney Swans vs Collingwood Sunday 14th August @SCG - The Birds of a Feather Knock Out Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you should really complain about fixtures.

Essendon, GWS Giants, North Melbourne, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs

That's who you play twice this year. None of them will likely play finals. This despite finishing 6th last year.
We finished 7th. So that put us in the 7-12 bracket. Hence the really soft draw this year with 10 games interstate.

That's who you play twice this year. None of them will likely play finals. This despite finishing 6th last year.
There are 8 teams outside Victoria. 4 home and 4 away is an even split. The additional 6 games might give one more out of state.
Essendon and GWS played finals last year. Dogs played GF. That's what the draw is based on. Nothing unfair about that.

Yeah we have double ups with 3 of the other 7 finalists from last year, as well as the team that finished 10th.

Not our fault some of those sides are s**t this year

indonesia vacation GIF by FrozenYogi

hey ******* 3 of them played finals last year

oh I can't say dip sh..t fair enough

View attachment 1469873

Can you hear it? That’s the sound of a packed SCG on a Sunday afternoon.

Fair to say Collingwood have had a remarkable season so far, from 17th in 2021 to now sitting #2 on the ladder. Here are some of the things that got them there and what will make them a challenge come Sunday:

Corridor use: 6th Retention Rate: 3rd Turnover Rate: 3rd Points Diff: 3rd

Sydney has a better Points Differential being 2nd, and we love bringing it through the corridor, also 2nd.

Swans & Magpies play the corridor without fear, they understand the risks – and keep doing it anyway, this battle is going to be fascinating.

Swans will be looking to push Collingwood out to the wide wings of the SCG and keep them there. Round 22 and the Magpies have played 4 games out of Vic…hilarious.:eekv1:

Swans have to hold their nerve against Collingwood's pressure and not let it rattle us into a handball game when we want to use our kicking. If we can do that and stand firm we will win.

We can’t stand off the ball and let them dictate play like they’ve been allowed to do. Play our game, trust the system.

Interesting enough our respective clearance games measure poorly against the rest of the competition, yet its clear we’re both doing pretty well despite it. Note how the Magpies use their pressure game to generate intercepts and score from turnover.

View attachment 1469883

View attachment 1469884

What’s clear is both teams have smart players who make good decisions under pressure, which is just as well because that mythical ‘pressure index’ is going to go nuclear on Sunday arvo at the SCG.

Forwards playing out of the middle: Hello Tom Papley and Jordan de Goey - how these two are used by their respective coaches could be match winning.

Swans come out hard in the first half and try to put games beyond dispute while Collingwood’s second halves have been their best. The trick for Sydney is to not take our foot off the pedal because we’re playing a team with real belief they can come from anywhere and win.

Oh, that sounds familiar says the Swans faithful.

I feel these teams have a lot in common, their self-belief that no margin is out of reach. The way each team attacks the corridor and use their attacks from defense to set up their further down the field- its all a bit spooky now much we’re both alike.

Except one plays in Sydney and is awesome while the other once had Eddie who we all still hate with a loathing passion. One is an elegant bird of loyalty and the other is lunatic.

After today’s game against North its clear Swans are still having trouble with centre bounces, if we continue to allow our opponents to waltz out of the middle like that we’re going to in serious trouble.

Selection Questions:

Aside from JPK doing his hamstring which changes our sub selection and whether Ladhams comes in for Hickey the Swans have too many issues. Logan McDonald kicked 2 goals and Amartey kicked 3.2 in VFL. We have options and unless someone has a niggle we don’t know about I’m predicting an unchanged team.

The Buddy Show: Averaging 2.5 goals a game. He’s 5th in Key Forwards score involvements with an average of 7.1 per game. The old fella isn’t doing too bad.

What happens next:

If we can take away their intercept marking by countering their pressure game, we can win this. A home final is on the line here and a home final is precious, especially in a year as close as this one.

wheres the cartoon?

Sydney play 3 games away from home against likely finalists this year. You've had a great run with the fixture. We also play all three finalists out of Victoria at their home grounds this year. Talking about how many times we leave vic is just a croc, especially when we play better interstate than we do at Marvel.

I still think you are a very good team and deservedly a premiership chance as you have played pretty well against the best.

Pretty sure you are just the kind of team to snuff out our winning streak too.

Sydney play 3 games away from home against likely finalists this year. You've had a great run with the fixture. We also play all three finalists out of Victoria at their home grounds this year. Talking about how many times we leave vic is just a croc, especially when we play better interstate than we do at Marvel.

I still think you are a very good team and deservedly a premiership chance as you have played pretty well against the best.

Don't mind the Pies anymore Eddie has pissed off and McRae is a cracking bloke.

Get rid of De Goey and you might be everyone second team again.

Don't mind the Pies anymore Eddie has pissed off and McRae is a cracking bloke.

Get rid of De Goey and you might be everyone second team again.
Wtf who ever had pies as there second team lol?
True on the Eddie being gone making them being good again more palatable though

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree I think we win this one pretty easily. We’ve got the Pies covered on all lines.

Will be a reality check for whichever team loses. Puts either team in danger of missing the top 4, that's how insane the stakes are for this game.

Picking Logan Mcdonald for a breakout game.

I feel like every top 4 clash this year has been a massive fizzer that wasn't close. The Dees vs Pies game on the weekend was probably the closest, and that was only because there was little to no defence all night.

So I'm expecting whoever wins this will win it comfortably.

We've collapsed under pressure at points this year. Collingwood have been attacking hard but we've shown in recent weeks we can withstand any pressure thrown at us.

Funny part is Collingwood seem to have taken our blueprint and called it their own. Who knows how to shut down their plan better than us?

Moore will play on Buddy but they shouldn't be able to match Reid or Heeney.

Whilst we are complaining about the fixture, can I point out how dumb it is that it is Round 22 and this is the first time we are playing a side for the year? Shouldn't we have done thar by Round 18? Round 20 at the latest?

Whilst we are complaining about the fixture, can I point out how dumb it is that it is Round 22 and this is the first time we are playing a side for the year? Shouldn't we have done thar by Round 18? Round 20 at the latest?

It took 5 months and they still couldn’t manage to give us the same amount of rest between games.

9 days to 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back