Preview Sydney Swans vs Collingwood Sunday 14th August @SCG - The Birds of a Feather Knock Out Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he said we don't like speed on the footy. He's always been a bit of a flog imo.
Do many teams like defending fast ball movement? It's a bit of a nothing statement really. We like doing fast ball movement for that very reason. We just have the ability to alter our game style mid-game, depending on what's happening.

I think we'll win this easily.

Going into this round Collingwood have a % of 106.3 and are in second place with two games to go.
You have to go back to 2000 to find a team that finished top 4 at the end of the H&A season with a lower % (North Melb 4th on 106.2%)
They've got into the habit of giving away leads and fighting back, often to fall over the line.

Yes, yes 11 game winning run, full of confidence, resilience, situational planning, changing game-style etc, but luck seems to not get much of a mention.
Against Essendon, Harrison Jones lining up in front of goals to kick the sealer, hits the post and Collingwood takes the ball to the other end and kicks the winner after the siren.
Jones should probably have kicked the goal, instead of the Ess leaders standing around Jones ready to jump on his back to congratulate him, they should have set up for the kick in, ball goes unchallenged to the other end where on the boundary Elliot marks the ball in between two taller Ess players and kicks a terrific goal to win the game.
Resilience, skill, confidence etc but all would have come to nought if Essendon did their job.

As the all seeing, all knowing Damo pointed out today; Collingood ave winning margin last 5 games less than a goal, ours over 7 goals.
Collingwood have almost got into the mindset of falling behind and springing back.
It's an unsustainable game 'plan'.
It'll come undone and I think this will be the week.
Get ahead, keep the foot down and there will be no coming back for them.

How I see the game unfolding (Channel 7 commentary).

Firstly it would be remiss of us not to mention a retirement announcement this week.
Controversially left his first club to go on to become a Premiership player, captain, warrior and star at his second.
Congratulations on a terrific career Big Boy McEvoy.

Well Collingwood have fallen behind early but that won't phase them a bit, after all this is a team on an 11 game winning run.

Collingwood still well behind, but we all know their resilience and you don't go on an 11 game winning run without building confidence in yourselves.

It looks like the 11 game winning run is over for Collingwood, but they can hold their head high after their amazing 11 game winning run.
Shame to see Nick Daicos tagged. We want to see the young superstar running around strutting his stuff, not sure tagging is in the spirit of the modern day game.
But never fear Magpie fans your team is on the right track.
No doubt that the team was severely impacted by the flu bug that went through the team and then having to play interstate only compounds the problem.
One down day, due to factors beyond their control, after the team's 11 game game winning streak is perfectly understandable and there is no doubt that Collingwood will be there at the pointy end of the season along with Geelong and Melbourne battling for the Premiership Cup.

Prediction; the team that is not on an 11 game winning run to win by 6+ goals.

Confidence, or lack there of, is a funny thing.

After the Bulldogs win got us back on track we were doomed to lose to Fremantle. We can’t beat them at Optus.

We couldn’t afford to be complacent against the Crows after such a big win the week before. We kicked them out of the game after only one quarter.

The Giants, though. They always play their grand final against us and their midfield is full of mature bodies. This was our true test! It was also our biggest win of the year.

Then we needed to consolidate our top 4 position. We are also North Melbourne’s grand final. We held them at arms length all game, built a lead of 10 goals before cruising.

Yet, somehow, none of the other times we proved ourselves matter. Only this week matters and we can’t be trusted. I’ve no doubt, if we win this weekend, there will be a reason that we need to prove ourselves against St. Kilda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently he said we don't like speed on the footy. He's always been a bit of a flog imo.
I wouldn't say that's him having a crack at us.

It's factually incorrect, as we play tempo footy, which involves taking speed off the ball, yes, but also using our speed and direct footy to attack, and being able to seamlessly transition between the two.

And it's strategic of him to say, as Collingwood most likely want to lure us into playing that fast footy so it plays into their high pressure game and they can cause turnovers.

But I don't think there was any ill-intent in his comments.

Confidence, or lack there of, is a funny thing.

After the Bulldogs win got us back on track we were doomed to lose to Fremantle. We can’t beat them at Optus.

We couldn’t afford to be complacent against the Crows after such a big win the week before. We kicked them out of the game after only one quarter.

The Giants, though. They always play their grand final against us and their midfield is full of mature bodies. This was our true test! It was also our biggest win of the year.

Then we needed to consolidate our top 4 position. We are also North Melbourne’s grand final. We held them at arms length all game, built a lead of 10 goals before cruising.

Yet, somehow, none of the other times we proved ourselves matter. Only this week matters and we can’t be trusted. I’ve no doubt, if we win this weekend, there will be a reason that we need to prove ourselves against St. Kilda.

That's how footy works, you can win every game except the last and it would be a failure.

Every game is a test, and each test must be given sufficient respect to pass it.

I wouldn't say that's him having a crack at us.

It's factually incorrect, as we play tempo footy, which involves taking speed off the ball, yes, but also using our speed and direct footy to attack, and being able to seamlessly transition between the two.

And it's strategic of him to say, as Collingwood most likely want to lure us into playing that fast footy so it plays into their high pressure game and they can cause turnovers.

But I don't think there was any ill-intent in his comments.
Bit of a leap from Howe, not like him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-watching the Norf game. Clarke needs to tidy up his handballs.

And umpires have been red hot on 15metres the last few games.
Thank you Ticky!! I couldn't believe it, I just kept constantly hearing, "Not 15!" over and over. I actually thought Horse might've put the umpires up to it to try and test our ability to move the ball on quickly under pressure!

Thank you Ticky!! I couldn't believe it, I just kept constantly hearing, "Not 15!" over and over. I actually thought Horse might've put the umpires up to it to try and test our ability to move the ball on quickly under pressure!
I would love it if Horse was that bad ass … but I can’t see it.

Spare a thought for the poor bastard who was tasked with making the highlights package for Heeney's 150th. Aside from Goodes and Buddy, it's hard to imagine a Swans player having the sheer volume of highlights that Heeney has had from day one. What a player he is.

Isaac Heeney 150 Games Highlights…
Heeney joins 150 club

Spare a thought for the poor bastard who was tasked with making the highlights package for Heeney's 150th. Aside from Goodes and Buddy, it's hard to imagine a Swans player having the sheer volume of highlights that Heeney has had from day one. What a player he is.
Leo Barry still retains the greatest highlights package of any Swan.

That's how footy works, you can win every game except the last and it would be a failure.

Every game is a test, and each test must be given sufficient respect to pass it.

Obviously.

My comment wasn’t literal. It’s more a remark on how this team is doubted by it’s supporter base every week, despite having proven ourselves again and again.

Isaac Heeney 150 Games Highlights…
Heeney joins 150 club
Wouldn't that make it easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back