Preview Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 7:40pm @ Gabba - Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see.
McDonald for Buddy.
Amartey for Ronke.

We lacked tall options up forward on the weekend with the rotations.
I'd like Reid to play HF, Amartey ruck relief and Logan in the forward line.
Ronke offers nothing that wicks, Bell and gulden can't cover.

Franklin has been charged with striking Luke Ryan, Fremantle, during the second quarter of the match.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Dane Rampe has been charged with tripping Michael Walters, also during the second quarter.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.
Does anyone else get the feeling that he thinks "that's worth a week" and then formulates the charge to fit? For mine Shuey's was EXACTLY the same except maybe more forearm. Same circumstances. Just saying.

Does anyone else get the feeling that he thinks "that's worth a week" and then formulates the charge to fit? For mine Shuey's was EXACTLY the same except maybe more forearm. Same circumstances. Just saying.
I'm certain that's exactly how it works.

Mills and Cunningham have been in a hotel room for two weeks.
No guarantee to start.

Lol they haven't been sitting on their ass watching tv mate, they've been training.

The four in quarantine get out of isolation presumably in time for Tuesday's session. I'm sure after nine days of not doing high intensity team training they'll be a bit rusty, probably eased into it on the first day or two, then will have the rest of the week to blow off the remaining cobwebs. Mills and Cunningham are also two of our fittest players. I'd be staggered if they weren't in strong conditions for bounce-down come Saturday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feeling confident against Essendon. Watching them play last week they were good for 2 quarters, but broke down under pressure and tagging. They are going to be up this week, but if Sydney can maintain the pressure as they have , for the full game, we should come away winners.
Mills and Cunningham back, Buddy to appeal his suspension and play or Logan McDonald in for Buddy

The four in quarantine get out of isolation presumably in time for Tuesday's session. I'm sure after nine days of not doing high intensity team training they'll be a bit rusty, probably eased into it on the first day or two, then will have the rest of the week to blow off the remaining cobwebs. Mills and Cunningham are also two of our fittest players. I'd be staggered if they weren't in strong conditions for bounce-down come Saturday night.

Leon Cameron yesterday said he thinks his bunch are allowed out at midnight tonight, meaning they're effectively able to train outside from Wednesday.

27JUL21: Longmire Press conference/Swans website

Longmire says they're still deciding whether to challenge Bud's suspension. I'd wager that they will - if they weren't going to I suspect they'd make that call fairly quickly. He said specifically they have some previous player incidents in mind with respect to challenging this one (I imagine the Shuey-Mills one is front of mind).

Longmire says they're still deciding whether to challenge Bud's suspension. I'd wager that they will - if they weren't going to I suspect they'd make that call fairly quickly. He said specifically they have some previous player incidents in mind with respect to challenging this one (I imagine Shuey's one is front of mind).

Funny looking at all the previous instances and we're involved in 3/4 (Buddy, Shuey on Mills, and Daniher on Rampe).

Warner
Mills and Harry walk in

Hope they go with Warner too

Would have to have a fitness test. not only that he hasn't played any footy since getting injured. He will play reserves this week, if he is passed fit, according to injury report. Campbell is back and so is Melican.

Yes we get Mills and Harry back. But who goes out?

The candidates

1. Ben Ronke - He was indeed poor against Freo. it is as though he is playing with absolutely no confidence at all. He also looked off the pace of the game as injury has taken it's toll.

2. James Ball - Every week here and on other forums people bay for his blood. But the reality is he is doing a job. Bell plays on the dangerous small to medium backs every week as a defensive forward. He applies incredible pressure and in the last two weeks has negated the influence of Shepherd, Williams (then Johannison when he moved back), Idon and Wilson. He is doing his job which is to keep the ball in the area and cut his opponent's out of the game.

3. Rowbottom - He was not ready to come back at AFL level. That was obvious. Not only that he had played, 60 minutes, at VFL level the day before. I think he needs to go and find match fitness in the reserves or scratch matches.

4. Sam Reid - He always takes about 3 matches to gain form in the seniors. I would prefer he did this in the reserves. But hey it's up to the coaches.

5. Lance Franklin - By the looks of it Bud has gone for one although there is precedent in the offence because others have got a slap on the wrist.

Ins; From Mills, Harry, Amartey, McLean, Campbell, Melican COR.

How is Hickey doing? I would like to keep the big fella fit for the finals. But wrap him in cotton wool? No way. just make his life easier by giving him good back up. Reid ain't it.

Ronke and Rowbottom should be first out IMO, and Bell really being fortunate that there's worse performers than him in the team as he'd be the next out but don't think we need to be making three changes.

Mills and Cunningham back in for Ronke and Rowbottom IMO.

If Buddy is out then I'd say McDonald in.

Ronke and Rowbottom should be first out IMO, and Bell really being fortunate that there's worse performers than him in the team as he'd be the next out but don't think we need to be making three changes.

Mills and Cunningham back in for Ronke and Rowbottom IMO.

If Buddy is out then I'd say McDonald in.
I didn't think Bell did enough against the Giants to keep his spot but he was pretty good against Freo. Did everything people were saying he would - created pressure, opportunities and score involvements. He improved since last week, I wouldn't be dropping him based off an improved performance

3. Rowbottom - He was not ready to come back at AFL level. That was obvious. Not only that he had played, 60 minutes, at VFL level the day before. I think he needs to go and find match fitness in the reserves or scratch matches.

You are thinking of the GWS match when he played reserves the day before. But the Freo game not much better - 59% TOG. His selection most weeks continues to be baffling.

It was so obviously graded wrong. How dumb can MRO be to not call it Intentional/ low, there's no arguing with that. But Careless medium was begging to be challenged.

Yep it’s worth a week most sane people on here have said that but medium impact is a push! It should have been intentional/low/high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back