Preview Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 7:40pm @ Gabba - Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we wouldn't. You'd have to be a crazy fool to take Richmond lightly in the finals. Best for us would be GWS (if St Kilda and Freo are out of contention) imo. Even Essendon would be dicey.

You havent seen much of us this year. Ive seen less by turning television off too many times. We would be a gift for you.

Please beat the Bombers. Love the fact that finals have been for other teams over the last twenty years.

Looks like you have good years ahead but you can take on the best on any day this year.

Whether you can do it four weeks running will be interesting to see.

No we wouldn't. You'd have to be a crazy fool to take Richmond lightly in the finals. Best for us would be GWS (if St Kilda and Freo are out of contention) imo. Even Essendon would be dicey.
Absolutely not! Giants can turn it on when they really want to and I do not want the Swans to be anywhere near them when they do.

Bit different between saying they shouldn't use the precedents and saying they don't have to.
The correct argument is that they’re not compelled to use precedents. They can, but they don’t have to.

It saves them from compounding a previous * up.

It becomes a problem though when, like tonight, there are 3. Then the Tribunal are stuck with singling a player out.

Unpopular as this opinion may be: Buddy is a protected species.

I was actually pleased when he got a week. The elbow was really poor form. And a week to think about the dumb frees he keeps giving away when frustrated might have been a good thing.

I was actually pleased when he got a week. The elbow was really poor form. And a week to think about the dumb frees he keeps giving away when frustrated might have been a good thing.

i have to agree ... franklin has a long history of pushing his luck with stupid incidents, mostly marginally late stuff, or carrying on with tackles, just unnecessary macho bullsh1t ... even allowing for the occasional 'excuse' that he's frustrated at how he's usually umpired ...
and whatever the arguments on here, the ryan elbow was bad ... franklin knew what he was doing
i'm amazed he got off, i spose good luck to him and the club but i can understand a lot of the anti-swans sentiment over this ...

Plus he could do with a rest.

i have to agree ... franklin has a long history of pushing his luck with stupid incidents, mostly marginally late stuff, or carrying on with tackles, just unnecessary macho bullsh1t ... even allowing for the occasional 'excuse' that he's frustrated at how he's usually umpired ...
and whatever the arguments on here, the ryan elbow was bad ... franklin knew what he was doing
i'm amazed he got off, i spose good luck to him and the club but i can understand a lot of the anti-swans sentiment over this ...
1) should have got a week
2) But AFL tied their own hands by dismissing 3 other incidents and tripped over their own sword
3) They hate us already - what's one more slice of the pie!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) should have got a week
2) But AFL tied their own hands by dismissing 3 other incidents and tripped over their own sword
3) They hate us already - what's one more slice of the pie!

i just want us to win the flag without any help, without anything that'll get the main board fckwits sooking about it
i did just try to look at the franklin thread, not for long ... what's amazing is that it's the essendon fans who seem to have the biggest problem with us generally ... the most deluded fanbase ... supporters of a club that engaged in arguably the most cynical, multi-faceted, long-term attempt to cheat in the game's history, in a process linked to at least two convicted criminals, or is it three now (i think dank has been convicted in his absence in the NT, if not before that) ... i friggin despise most essendon fans that post on bf
and i can see obviously why we chose to challenge, and how we went about it ... but i do wish we'd accepted the week, or lost the challenge ...

i just want us to win the flag without any help, without anything that'll get the main board fckwits sooking about it
i did just try to look at the franklin thread, not for long ... what's amazing is that it's the essendon fans who seem to have the biggest problem with us generally ... the most deluded fanbase ... supporters of a club that engaged in arguably the most cynical, multi-faceted, long-term attempt to cheat in the game's history, in a process linked to at least two convicted criminals, or is it three now (i think dank has been convicted in his absence in the NT, if not before that) ... i friggin despise most essendon fans that post on bf
and i can see obviously why we chose to challenge, and how we went about it ... but i do wish we'd accepted the week, or lost the challenge ...
That will never happen. Fifty years in the future with no academies someone will always find something to sook about.

Two sure things in this game.

1) The Chad is great
2) There will always be a vocal group of naysayers ready to sh*t on the swans parade

Why does Buddy need a rest? He’s not 90.

He didn’t deserve to be suspended because the previous examples showed all that was warranted was a fine. That’s an AFL issue no doubt they will change the rules (it’s something they are prone to do).

All the best players push the limits it’s part of why they are so good.

Hopefully Buddy equals Fanning’s record this week against the drug cheats.

Actually West Coast would be best for us by far. They're just catastrophically bad away from Perth this year.
This.

We will choose our venue based on who the opponent is. Out of West Coast/GWS/Richmond, West Coast in Geelong please. Followed by Richmond in Geelong for the lols. Then GWS in Geelong. Basically our elim final will be in Geelong. Which I'm absolutely fine with also because 1. It's regional Vic and 2. There will be a crowd of some sort potentially bigger then metro Vic.

This.

We will choose our venue based on who the opponent is. Out of West Coast/GWS/Richmond, West Coast in Geelong please. Followed by Richmond in Geelong for the lols. Then GWS in Geelong. Basically our elim final will be in Geelong. Which I'm absolutely fine with also because 1. It's regional Vic and 2. There will be a crowd of some sort potentially bigger then metro Vic.
I’d be fine with Richmond, West Coast or Essendon in week 1 of the finals.

GWS, on the other hand, would cause me to break out in a cold sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back