Preview Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 7:40pm @ Gabba - Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They definitely can. It's probably our most mobile combination as far as talls go but I would be very, very hesitant to change the current structure considering how efficient we've been up forward and how effective our forward line has been defensively
It's almost too mobile. All three play at their best roaming across the half forward line. In rds 1 and 3 without Bud we had McLean staying at home. That worked really well.

I didn't rate Bell's performance against the Giants but he was pretty solid against Freo. Hayward has been used in a lockdown capacity in the past but would prefer him to be playing offensively.
Agree. I think Freo was the best I've seen him play.. Played like a cog in the team, nothing really good and nothing really bad. Looked to be in the right spots, not in anybodys way. And good pressure.

No one suggested otherwise.

Okay, but part of that is knowing what they think he can handle in terms of workload and the likelihood that he could suffer an injury after playing for 'x' consecutive weeks.

I am not a medico but given that we had a bye 4 weeks ago they may be thinking that he won't need another break just yet, if at all. Either way, I have full confidence in our medical staff.

Okay, but part of that is knowing what they think he can handle in terms of workload and the likelihood that he could suffer an injury after playing for 'x' consecutive weeks.

I am not a medico but given that we had a bye 4 weeks ago they may be thinking that he won't need another break just yet, if at all. Either way, I have full confidence in our medical staff.
and there is the bye before the finals.

oh I agree, but it may be to our advantage.

Yikes. Something to our advantage!!!!!! Oh SP what have you done????

Quick everyone - we need to put on the hair shirt or wear very tight shoes when we have gout or take Bedders off ignore.

I still hate that. It's only there so the AFL can get Thursday night games

No it's not.

It's there so teams don't rest half their team in Round 23 and ruin the integrity of the game.

No it's not.

It's there so teams don't rest half their team in Round 23 and ruin the integrity of the game.
The Freo rule!! AFL reactionary again!! ruin the integrity of the game. The AFL ruin the integrity of the game. Look at Buddy not suspended. Because of their previous rulings. AFL = mixed nuts.

No it's not.

Oh pish posh. If the AFL cared that much about integrity last night's farce wouldn't have occurred. It shuts the AFLPA up about 2 precious byes in a season and allows for Thursday night finals. "Integrity" is a cover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Freo rule!! AFL reactionary again!! ruin the integrity of the game. The AFL ruin the integrity of the game. Look at Buddy not suspended. Because of their previous rulings. AFL = mixed nuts.

Nothing wrong with resting your squad.

AFL is more akin to WWE then a genuine sporting contest at times.

Why oh why did you ruin the purity on this thread?

McMahon and Trump images are now running amok in my fevered noggin.

Nothing wrong with resting your squad.

Freo got that far ahead they could rest their squad ahead of the finals. The AFL the following year, in their always reactionary mode, thought that was attacking the integrity of the game. So they brought in their stupid bye round ahead of the finals so no team could field a weaker team in the premiership rounds. The most boring football week of the year.
The AFL stuffed up in the Buddy tribunal case this week because they are piss weak on things throughout the year because they are scared of losing sponsors(or whatever = money) that they cover up or give rulings like Buddy's.
It all comes back to haunt people who do not make the brave decision and instead take the easy out. AFL always take the easy out until they are forced to make the right decision. Just talk to them about Adam Goodes.
The AFL are weak as pi55. No leadership. Should be leaders in the community. Could have had more power than they currently have. Its their not making the brave decision that is their Achilles heel. They are followers. Not Leaders.

Last edited:
Oh pish posh. If the AFL cared that much about integrity last night's farce wouldn't have occurred. It shuts the AFLPA up about 2 precious byes in a season and allows for Thursday night finals. "Integrity" is a cover

What happened last night?

The integrity of the game is hugely important, they don't want teams resting half a team and getting smashed. Not because they care how it looks, but because of pressure from betting agencies, commercial sponsors, etc. The bye was a neat way of resolving that. The Thursday final is a killing two birds with one stone result.

The integrity of the game is hugely important, they don't want teams resting half a team and getting smashed. Not because they care how it looks, but because of pressure from betting agencies, commercial sponsors, etc. The bye was a neat way of resolving that. The Thursday final is a killing two birds with one stone result.
Integrity in whose mind is the question though.

Hawthorn did it 10 years ago (a little earlier than Freo) when they were due to play the last placed Suns in the final round. They advised the Suns at the time and rested a third of their team. However after failing in the final series that year they didn’t do it again.

Yikes. Something to our advantage!!!!!! Oh SP what have you done????

Quick everyone - we need to put on the hair shirt or wear very tight shoes when we have gout or take Bedders off ignore.
swan shoes.jpg

I don’t mind If Gold Coast & St Kilda decide to tank the last few rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back