Preview Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 7:40pm @ Gabba - Round 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Yikes. Something to our advantage!!!!!! Oh SP what have you done????

Quick everyone - we need to put on the hair shirt or wear very tight shoes when we have gout or take Bedders off ignore.

I don't think anything is worth taking Bedders off ignore. šŸ˜ .......I couldn't handle the bilge of inane acronyms that follows...ichtboiatfwtfwtfwtf

Last edited:
If Mills' return means Hewett gets pushed back into a defensive role in the midfield then I will just

86FDB439-A3A2-4DAD-B68D-980401ACA23B.gif

If Mills' return means Hewett gets pushed back into a defensive role in the midfield then I will just

View attachment 1190246
Why would Mills return push Hewitt back? He has been in the middle for the last four weeks and Mills has only been out for two.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
I mean Hewett will go back to defensive mid role which means less of the ball.
But he was doing defensive work when Mills was playing, 88. I think you're mistaking how we adapt per team vs your perception of how Hewett is used when Mills is out.

But he was doing defensive work when Mills was playing, 88. I think you're mistaking how we adapt per team vs your perception of how Hewett is used when Mills is out.

That's what I mean, he will be doing more of the defensive stuff so that Mills assumes more of the ball-winning responsibilities. Last few weeks Hewett's gone for the ball a lot more. This week he'll have his eye on his opponent first and foremost as he did before Mills went out. Will still find the footy, but it's not the same.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I hope they put in so much effort trying to stop Buddy that our other forwards slip through the net.
Headline: Buddy hopeless Swans still defeat Bombers
By-line: Buddy kicks 0.3 as Wicks and Heeney kick 7 each as Swans win by 60

In: Callum Mills,Harry Cunningham
OUT: Ben Ronke (Omitted),Hayden McLean (Medi-Sub),James Rowbottom (Omitted)
Emergency: Colin O'Riordan, Dylan Stephens, Sam Gray, Callum Sinclair

alex4445

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2006
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Sensible changes.

Can't imagine Rowbottom has declined so much without injury being at least part of the cause. I wonder if having not been rested he is battling through an injury that requires surgery and an end to the season to fix so they are trying to keep his fitness up incase of injuries.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Both Teams Ins/Outs

Essendon v Sydney at the Gabba, 7.40pm AEST

ESSENDON
In:
A.Francis, K.Langford, D.Clarke
Out: C.Hooker (omitted), B.Ham (omitted), D.Zaharakis (omitted), M.Guelfi (medi-sub)

Last week's sub: Guelfi (unused)

SYDNEY
In:
H.Cunningham, C.Mills
Out: J.Rowbottom (omitted), B.Ronke (omitted), H.McLean (medi-sub)

Last week's sub: McLean (unused)

lazy77

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
What's going on with Warner? You'd think he's done his knee or something. This feels too long for a "stress reaction", whatever that means.

Besides Warner thatā€™s our best 22
On current form? Yeah I'd agree

Don't watch a lot of Bomber's games but surprised Hooker is dropped

alex4445

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2006
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
What's going on with Warner? You'd think he's done his knee or something. This feels too long for a "stress reaction", whatever that means.

Playing reserves this weekend probably.

Wouldnt be surprised if it has taken longer for him to get fit as we arent at home and seem to have about 5 staff members left in Queensland.
Just waiting to see horse having to give players a massage on the sideline during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back