Preview Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 7:40pm @ Gabba - Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Warner has yet to play a scratch match, but he should be ready to go this week

Rowy hasn't looked his best this year. Maybe carrying an injury dunno

He hyperflexed his knee in the first few games, came back way too early and has struggled. Definately injury related imo. Unsure if there is ligament damage but even a hyperflex without ligament damage is problematic because of the damage it does at the back of the knee.

:tearsofjoy: ... but seriously everyone. Please don't promote gambling on here. There is a gambling thread on BF. So please take it there & if you are legally allowed to gamble then please do so responsibly.

(Although I'll be honest Bruce, you got me to have a look...)
Yes please keep that parasitic blight out of footy discussions.

Not so
Has produced consistently, in defense for one of the worst ever teams of the modern era not sure he had a bad game at all.
As a forward with > a goal a game while being one of the best tacklers across the competition for a team that's been bottom 4.
So he is consistant but doesn't pull them over the line to win? Only has really good games when the team is going on well to win? Interesting

So he is consistant but doesn't pull them over the line to win? Only has really good games when the team is going on well to win? Interesting

Tippa's form has tailed off with speculation he has been playing injured.

Given the Bombers have the 5th best attack this year with only the Dogs, Cats, Lions and Swans having scored more. Their forward line has functioned fairly well. Maybe some people look beyond a half of football….

Their defence is really poor conceding the 6th most points. Although they did keep Adelaide to 21 recently, that could be more a reflection of the Crows issues.

Maybe some people do, but clearly not their selection committee.

What a strange post. Are you arguing with me or their selection committee? Clearly they didn't function last week, and looked patchy at points against North the previous week. Is it against the rules to make adjustments?

This or the Saints game should be our toughest moving forward. Wouldn't surprise me if GWS beat Port. Port also still have to play the Dogs. Melbourne still have West Coast in Perth and Geelong at GMHBA.

We are well within reach of a top four spot if we can come away from this with a solid win.

I went to primary school with Sam Reid and in grade 5 everyone in our class got invited to his 11th birthday party. He didn't have many friends so his mum did a ring around to make sure we would come so he wouldn't be upset. I didn't want to go but my mum ended up making me.

He spent the whole day showing us his 'pristine and immaculate' (his words) tazo collection which he kept in one of those folders with plastic sleeves which he has then sealed because he said it would be worth millions one day. He had all 100 of the set of Sailor Moon tazos which were also sealed, but it took him a while to show us those because for some reason all the plastic sleeves were stuck together.

When we mercifully got to leave he handed out party bags to everyone but all that was in them were a few $2 scratchies you get from the newsagent. I actually won $10 on mine, and when Sam Reid found out he demanded that I give him half because apparantly I 'wouldn't have won anything if he didn't invite me to his party'.

This or the Saints game should be our toughest moving forward. Wouldn't surprise me if GWS beat Port. Port also still have to play the Dogs. Melbourne still have West Coast in Perth and Geelong at GMHBA.

We are well within reach of a top four spot if we can come away from this with a solid win.

Yeah completely agree. If we win this week, the teams above us can't all just win out, there's gotta be some slip ups, and I wouldn't be shocked to see GWS beat Port.

Yeah completely agree. If we win this week, the teams above us can't all just win out, there's gotta be some slip ups, and I wouldn't be shocked to see GWS beat Port.
I don't see Port winning all of their remaining games, and even if they only lose to the Dogs, we're a big chance of passing them on percentage.

I reckon it mostly rests on Melbourne and Brisbane. Melbourne need to win one of the WCE/Geelong games and not balls-up any others. I reckon Brisbane should win their remaining games, but will depend on if they've found form or last week was a red herring.

I went to primary school with Sam Reid and in grade 5 everyone in our class got invited to his 11th birthday party. He didn't have many friends so his mum did a ring around to make sure we would come so he wouldn't be upset. I didn't want to go but my mum ended up making me.

He spent the whole day showing us his 'pristine and immaculate' (his words) tazo collection which he kept in one of those folders with plastic sleeves which he has then sealed because he said it would be worth millions one day. He had all 100 of the set of Sailor Moon tazos which were also sealed, but it took him a while to show us those because for some reason all the plastic sleeves were stuck together.

When we mercifully got to leave he handed out party bags to everyone but all that was in them were a few $2 scratchies you get from the newsagent. I actually won $10 on mine, and when Sam Reid found out he demanded that I give him half because apparantly I 'wouldn't have won anything if he didn't invite me to his party'.
tazo sets are going for about $500 on ebay. A little short of 1mil, but a lot more than I was expecting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so
Has produced consistently, in defense for one of the worst ever teams of the modern era not sure he had a bad game at all.
As a forward with > a goal a game while being one of the best tacklers across the competition for a team that's been bottom 4.
Have you seen him lately, he's been terrible.

tazo sets are going for about $500 on ebay. A little short of 1mil, but a lot more than I was expecting!

I just thought Sam Reid's collection was of taco shells and he had dyslexia.

That is a fair question and one others on this board have asked. His limited minutes make it clear that he's not fully fit. I was responding to people wondering why he's not his old self. One view is that even Rowy at 60-70% gametime offers more than some others who might come in, or are even currently playing (e.g. Ronke, Bell) and that's why he's still in. Personally, though I think he was as good/better than those two vs Freo, I'd be resting Rowy once Mills, Cunningham, COR are available (this week), plus the likes of Warner, Campbell are fit/available (1-2 weeks).
He is not fully March fit and they are managing his body by easing him into match time.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back