Preview Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers, Thursday April 8 @ SCG - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You believe wrong. He walks back in once ready to go. I've consistently said that he should only play if fit. That it's taken longer than 3 weeks hasn't been a surprise at all.

I'm glad the club is being careful with it. They needed to show that level of care during the match when it happened.

Pretty sure my first interaction with you was with me complaining about him being pushed back early but whatever.

For what it's worth I'm happy for him to come straight back in if there's someone needing dropping, but if we beat the Bombers by 20 goals in an even contribution I'm still not advocating for selection based on reputation (I guess apart from Buddy).

I'm talking about weeks ago.

I wouldn't know, nor remember.

I do know that I've never said he should be playing if not 100% fit. In fact I was the only on here who seemed to have a problem with the fact he wasn't subbed out in the first place. So I think you're thinking of someone else.

I wouldn't know, nor remember.

I do know that I've never said he should be playing if not 100% fit. In fact I was the only on here who seemed to have a problem with the fact he wasn't subbed out in the first place. So I think you're thinking of someone else.

Perhaps, since I was definitely advocating he be subbed out. Thought it was you who suggested Horse wouldn't have pushed for him to go back on, but perhaps not.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
I won’t be impressed if kicks go to a double-teamed Buddy in the pocket whilst Wicks stands unmarked 30 out.

It is a risk.
This is why I say we have moved past Buddy in the team. No disrespect intended but we lose our mystery.
The Tigers had absolutely no idea where the ball was going & who it was going to.
You will not see Hickey going forward as he did twice last week for two critical goals.

Perhaps, since I was definitely advocating he be subbed out. Thought it was you who suggested Horse wouldn't have pushed for him to go back on, but perhaps not.

Nope, not me. Anyway he won't have trouble getting back in once he's ready to go, whenever that will be...

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
Don't wanna jinx us but the bombers at 4.70 jeez. I'll throw a hunj on that thanks. If we win, all good, if we lose, all good. Lol.

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
This is why I say we have moved past Buddy in the team. No disrespect intended but we lose our mystery.
The Tigers had absolutely no idea where the ball was going & who it was going to.
You will not see Hickey going forward as he did twice last week for two critical goals.

I get what your saying. Some Hawthorn supporters I know believed they played better when Franklin left. Freed them up to use multiple options as Franklin almost demanded the ball with his presence close to goal.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

In the Adelaide game Buddy had 5 shots at goal (for 3 goals), the most by any our players, but we had 10 other players who kicked goals.

Only the one game, but we clearly shared the scoring load and of our 15 marks I50, Franklin only took two.

Seems like a decent spread of targets and goalkickers.
Incidentally I only recall 2 kicks that targeted Buddy when clearly another player should have been hit up.
Both were by JPK. Old habits die hard?

And as for Hickey, 2 goals, 1 I50 mark in that Adelaide game.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Don't bet on that. If they leave the space he will. Bud can't take ALL the space. If he leads into that space and marks there's no problem. Either way we shall see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Sensible thinking. Mids are going well. No need to make any Hail Mary calls and aggravate things. Still think next week is the round to rest a kid or two if necessary.

But there’s a 9 day break? I guess if Rowy is fit next week you’d "rest" someone but in all honesty these guys shouldn’t need a break after 9 days off. They’re young and fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back