Preview Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers, Saturday May 22 @ Optus Stadium - Rd 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that caller taking the piss? I can never tell if he’s serious or not. Hilarious.

bwahaha. Tigger fans are something else.

Cannot remember who the Tiger player was but he got done for drink driving and TAC dropped their sponsorship. Shortly after I went to Tiggers v Bloods game where the Tiggers got up by a point. Some scamp changed the lyrics of their theme song to "oh we're from Liquorland... etc.

My best Bloods mate and I went to the game with my favourite ex who was a crazy Tigger fan. At the end of the game when the yellow and black song came on my mate and I sang the Liquorland lyrics. The ex did not speak to me for weeks.

Even more oddly, now they have enjoyed a period of dominance, the favourite ex still follows but has become lukewarm about them. I really think people need a club or lost cause they can be 100% feral about. Maybe that explains Trumpism or fervent religious belief. (if she read the last sentence the favourite ex would slaughter me on the spot)

bwahaha. Tigger fans are something else.

Cannot remember who the Tiger player was but he got done for drink driving and TAC dropped their sponsorship. Shortly after I went to Tiggers v Bloods game where the Tiggers got up by a point. Some scamp changed the lyrics of their theme song to "oh we're from Liquorland... etc.

My best Bloods mate and I went to the game with my favourite ex who was a crazy Tigger fan. At the end of the game when the yellow and black song came on my mate and I sang the Liquorland lyrics. The ex did not speak to me for weeks.

Even more oddly, now they have enjoyed a period of dominance, the favourite ex still follows but has become lukewarm about them. I really think people need a club or lost cause they can be 100% feral about. Maybe that explains Trumpism or fervent religious belief. (if she read the last sentence the favourite ex would slaughter me on the spot)
I have said for years (before the Hawks era) that Richmond has the worst fans. The amount of "I want Dusty to have my babies!" I heard from people when if you asked them 6 years ago who they follow in footy they would say "I dont really like or follow football but I support Richmond" was disgusting.

I know a lot of hardcore Richmond fans for many years and I am happy for them but most of the others can GAGF

This is the first of 3 really critical games against Freo, Carlton and St.Kilda for our finals push. Those three are 10th, 11th, and 12th currently on the ladder and they're all going to be pushing for our spot. If we beat all three of them, we get that little bit more breathing space in the run home.

This is the first of 3 really critical games against Freo, Carlton and St.Kilda for our finals push. Those three are 10th, 11th, and 12th currently on the ladder and they're all going to be pushing for our spot. If we beat all three of them, we get that little bit more breathing space in the run home.
LWW

St Kilda didn't look too shabby against the Cats... they just missed a lot of easy set shots. Then the game got away from them midway through the 4th. That is a low key tough one. Will go down to the wire again. Things could happen in 2 weeks though.

I have said for years (before the Hawks era) that Richmond has the worst fans. The amount of "I want Dusty to have my babies!" I heard from people when if you asked them 6 years ago who they follow in footy they would say "I dont really like or follow football but I support Richmond" was disgusting.

I know a lot of hardcore Richmond fans for many years and I am happy for them but most of the others can GAGF

in my experience, having lived 2005-19 in melbourne, it was geelong fans ... my first year there was 05 (was working the night of nick davis!), and it seemed like no one was a geelong fan ... two years later, and from then on, it seemed like every second person supported geelong (or was a hawthorn fan, but they hadn't seemingly emerged from the vapour like the cats 'supporters') ... the richmond fans i know have been rusted on forever ... and most proudly admit to the long years of pain and loathing

Last edited:
Longmuir is a defensive oriented coach and will put his mind to stopping our transitions from the backline.

One thing I did note yesterday was the high number of handball chains and tap ons forward as opposed to sideways or back. Handball was used much more offensively. This may have been designed to break zones and create a bit of chaos. Thoughts?

3rd quarter:
1. Chad Warner
@ 14:06 in 3rd quarter @ ~ 3:26 in afl highlights clip)
Blakey shuffles (at HB) ->Rowbottom -> Florent -> McInerney -> Hayward in centre square (mark) -> Franklin -> Warner = goal
2. Papley's run from the centre to goal
@18:42 in 3rd quarter (@ ~ 3:46 in afl highlights clip)
Warner (Blakey shepherding) -> Papley in the centre, bounce -> Wicks -> McLean (kick) -> Papley (mark) = goal

behind the goal angle
PS. I'm not a fan of this AFL segment - I forwarded to our game at 17:03 ;)

Freo have been badly hit by injuries to their back line-mainly key defenders. Hamling has been out longterm. Hughes has been out. Ryan has been out, and we don't know if he'll be out or in. He is a major determinant of success or failure for them. Fyfe can't kick straight to save his life. Mundy has rejuvenated.
Cerra is returning from injury and is quite skilled. Bradshaw works hard. Darcy is a good ruck. Our Tom can probably outthink him and better him around the ground.. Their forward line is perennially disorganised. Their small forwards are inconsistent. I would back our defenders. We should win this, as apart from Fyfe and Mundy we should win one on ones. Ryan out or rusty for them will make a big difference.

Longmuir is a defensive oriented coach and will put his mind to stopping our transitions from the backline.

One thing I did note yesterday was the high number of handball chains and tap ons forward as opposed to sideways or back. Handball was used much more offensively. This may have been designed to break zones and create a bit of chaos. Thoughts?

Yep it's becoming more apparent with each week that clean hands and run & carry are the best avenue to goal. Not just for us, but for any team. I said this last week as we matched Melbourne in pretty much every area but one. The gulf between their handball chains and ours proved the difference. Pretty much all our best moments against the Pies yesterday came from quality handball chains. It's why guys like Mills (when he's not kicking) and Rowbottom (who did, in fact, play yesterday) are so key. Even JPK, who I know you're not loving as much these days, had some very classy moments by hands in handball chains.

Dreams of winning a flag with a short kicking game are just that: dreams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep it's becoming more apparent with each week that clean hands and run & carry are the best avenue to goal. Not just for us, but for any team. I said this last week as we matched Melbourne in pretty much every area but one. The gulf between their handball chains and ours proved the difference. Pretty much all our best moments against the Pies yesterday came from quality handball chains. It's why guys like Mills (when he's not kicking) and Rowbottom (who did, in fact, play yesterday) are so key. Even JPK, who I know you're not loving as much these days, had some very classy moments by hands in handball chains.

Dreams of winning a flag with a short kicking game are just that: dreams.
Yesterday’s game plan (flood back and slingshot) won’t work as easily against Freo.

Just hope Horse doesn’t view the 2020 game as an aberration. Freo block the corridor at Optus really well - but we need to take it on regardless.

Yesterday’s game plan (flood back and slingshot) won’t work as easily against Freo.

Just hope Horse doesn’t view the 2020 game as an aberration. Freo block the corridor at Optus really well - but we need to take it on regardless.

I think it can work. Freo are weak. And by that I mean a lot of their players only run one way and are non-factors physically. It's made them vulnerable to teams who take their players on directly with run and carry. Their tackles slide right off and their players end up ball-watching. If we try a short kicking, corridor game I think they will be well equipped to shut that down.

Or we could just go with the most straight-forward route to defeating Freo: stop David Mundy.

... Darcy is a good ruck. Our Tom can probably outthink him and better him around the ground...

From the mongrel punt the ruck contests (before round 9)
  1. Brodie Grundy :thumbsu:
  2. Max Gawn :thumbsu:
  3. Nic Naitanui
  4. Sean Darcy
  5. Tom Hickey
Tom has this ;)

Won’t win a flag with the slingshot atm imo

Diver create Enright scoreboard pressure, still think Richmond bases are the best when at Dyl strength
Sorry Punts but that is too cryptic for me. It's been a few years since Corey Enright played and who is the diver of whom you speak?

Freo are rubbish, what’s the concern

could turn up at quarter time and win (worked this week)

who is next ? Carlton? Start that thread and pencil the win in here

actually we won’t lose before the bye let’s be honest

What’s the grand final ticket system this year? Hopefully it’s straight forward

Freo are rubbish, what’s the concern

could turn up at quarter time and win (worked this week)

who is next ? Carlton? Start that thread and pencil the win in here

actually we won’t lose before the bye let’s be honest

What’s the grand final ticket system this year? Hopefully it’s straight forward
Since you're new around here you might not be aware of the RUNVS thread
We are trying to keep all the "getting ahead of ourselves" posts in the one place. :D

St Kilda didn't look too shabby against the Cats... they just missed a lot of easy set shots. Then the game got away from them midway through the 4th. That is a low key tough one. Will go down to the wire again. Things could happen in 2 weeks though.

Not having Marshall in their side will be a big leg-up for us. His combination with Ryder is their big strength. Plus the help it gives King in the forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back