Preview Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers, Saturday May 22 @ Optus Stadium - Rd 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still looks injured imo

He was moving like the titanic and his defensive pressure was non existent
Got the impression he was really feeling the knee against Magpies. We might find ourselves with Sinkers rucking this week. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Still looks injured imo

He was moving like the titanic and his defensive pressure was non existent

Yer he is a few times he was very slow to get up after a few contests, i suspect we will rest him at some stage maybe even this week.

Is Optus Stadium surface still concrete like? or is that a thing of the past.

This is the first of 3 really critical games against Freo, Carlton and St.Kilda for our finals push. Those three are 10th, 11th, and 12th currently on the ladder and they're all going to be pushing for our spot. If we beat all three of them, we get that little bit more breathing space in the run home.
I would be happy if we won two out of three

I think it can work. Freo are weak. And by that I mean a lot of their players only run one way and are non-factors physically. It's made them vulnerable to teams who take their players on directly with run and carry. Their tackles slide right off and their players end up ball-watching. If we try a short kicking, corridor game I think they will be well equipped to shut that down.

Or we could just go with the most straight-forward route to defeating Freo: stop David Mundy.
Stop Mundy and Serong

Serong is a gun

Should’ve taking him

That could've led to a sliding doors type moment where if we take Serong, we don't end up taking Warner with our later pick.

Or where if we do, we have Serong playing in the 22 while Warner would be wasted in the VFL comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we will win by so much that fremantle will initiate a violent takeover of the WA government, declare an independent nation breaking off from australia and then close their borders so they never have to play us again
Freo supporters won’t do anything of the like.

They’ll all go home, have a bit of a choof, take off the purple & slip on their favourite tie dye gear before checking the calendar to see if they’re scheduled to wash the dreds this month.

I thought I'd look up our record in WA.
v Freo P 16 W 4 L 12 (Optus 0-2) 25% win record
v WCE P 27 W 11 L 16 (Optus 1-0) 40% win record.

Over their existence Freo finalists 7 out of 26 seasons, WCE 25 out of 34 seasons.

SCG/ANZ record v Freo P 20 W 15 D 1 L 4
SCG/ANZ record v WCE P 22 W 18 L 4 (MCG 1-1, Metricon 0-1)

Stuffed if I know why there is the anomaly of our record v Freo in WA.

Over their existence Freo finalists 7 out of 26 seasons, WCE 25 out of 34 seasons.

Freo under Ross Lyon flooded & played a defence-heavy strategy. Our slow, wide game style suited them perfectly.

Conversely, teams able to move the ball fast & frantically carved them up.

We need to play our round 1-3 style to have any hope. Otherwise, we’ll kick 5 goals for the match and go away disappointed yet again.

We are undefeated at Optus Stadium as the home team.

Freo under Ross Lyon flooded & played a defence-heavy strategy. Our slow, wide game style suited them perfectly.

Conversely, teams able to move the ball fast & frantically carved them up.

We need to play our round 1-3 style to have any hope. Otherwise, we’ll kick 5 goals for the match and go away disappointed yet again.
But our record in Sydney v Freo is good and if anything the SCG should have been more conducive to the Lyon gamestyle than Subi.
Under Lyon we played Freo 11 times for 6 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses.
All 4 losses were in Perth (3 at Subi, 1 at Optus).

So I'm not convinced it was Lyon's coaching style that explains our W/L record in Perth v Freo.
And excluding games under Lyon our record is still bad; P 11 W 3 L 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back