Preview Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers, Sunday 12:30pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people in here are poles apart in the Bell debate but there is clearly something Bell is doing or providing that is keeping him in the team. I think we can all agree the coaching and selection staff have barely put a foot wrong this year and it is likely that we will finish at the top end or higher of predictions for even the most positive thinking of us all. While we will never be told, Bell is clearly doing what has been asked of him to maintain a spot. After what I have seen us do this year, I am putting 100% faith in the decision to keep him in the side and when the time comes to send him to the 2’s I will back that as right call as well.
He is putting on huge pressure. He is doing the 1%. He is doing stuff that gets no stats like tapping on or funneling the ball out of a pack, blocking for other forwards. Important stuff that just doesn't get noticed.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not going to go back over nearly a season's worth of posts very similar to this, but they have literally appeared every time Stephens has played at senior level, and even in the reserves thread. His personality and character has been heavily dissected on here by some and it's unacceptable.
Lmfao righto officer. The big footy forum is a weird place to flex your moral compass and disapproval.

Even you mentioned there's something off regarding his confidence. Assessing His body language is fair game. It's an observation not a judgement.

Stephens played 8 games last year.. 5 (some as sub) this year. His running, both speed and tank, are pretty big assets. Ill back him in.

On the suggestion of back pocket.. thats where I can see Bell playing. Cunningham has moved from the wing to back pocket and done wonders. Lings future as backup is in question. We probably need a back up for Harry. Bell poses a lot of the attributes needed to do well in that position - temperament, speed, agility, team player, cheap salary, will be happy to just stay on the list.
Bell having real speed is a myth.

Our quickest are Hayward (by quite a bit), Blakey and Fox.

Bell is around no.6 on the list.

Bell having real speed is a myth.

Our quickest are Hayward (by quite a bit), Blakey and Fox.

Bell is around no.6 on the list.
He's been in the top 5 highest speeds each game last month, and had close to the most sprints and repeats sprints each game.

Might not be the quickest, but he stays the quickest for close to the longest.

Still needs to get more of the footy, but he does the right things.

Stephens played 8 games last year.. 5 (some as sub) this year. His running, both speed and tank, are pretty big assets. Ill back him in.

On the suggestion of back pocket.. thats where I can see Bell playing. Cunningham has moved from the wing to back pocket and done wonders. Lings future as backup is in question. We probably need a back up for Harry. Bell poses a lot of the attributes needed to do well in that position - temperament, speed, agility, team player, cheap salary, will be happy to just stay on the list.
Your thoughts there are not at all without merit. In fact, they have a lot of merit.
Ling's body appears to have let him down. I haven't seen him in action or around the traps so I don't know how his attitude is.
Not sure he'll get renewed.
We would need to be closer to Stephens to be clued in but the body language between he and Horse was not good. Saw the same with Titchell before he left. If Stephens is not recontracted I guess he becomes a DFA. Correction welcomed if incorrect.
The other guy who worries me is Gould. Not hearing good vibes out of the ressies that tell me he is in front of COR or O'Connor.
Ronke, Clarke and Taylor still trying hard.

I know betting is very much frowned upon and rightly so (I was dead against it until 2 years ago when all the guys at work got me interested) Sure enough due to my personality it has become a problem for me. So stupid.

Anyway regardless seems very strange that Chad Warner is an option in the betting for this game on sportsbet. Would be huge fines surely to include anyone from outside the named team right ? I remember the Swans copping a fine with Kelly against the dockers way back. Guess just a sportsbet error anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back