Donza

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2016
The Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Black Caps the Mighty All Black
You’ve been very bullish about the weather, Donza.

If you pull out a dry night tomorrow you’ll be our go to weatherman for the rest of the season!
Lol I'm just reading weather maps.
I reckon we're a bit shell shocked by rain this summer in Sydney.

For the record the BOM have around 22% to 53% chance of showers during the game. < 1mm.
As opposed to this evening. 90% chance of rain. 10mm to 20mm overnight.

Slingshot Footy

All Australian
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney

For the record the BOM have around 22% to 53% chance of showers during the game. < 1mm.
Even if it isn't raining during the game I think it's fair to say that it will be played under wet conditions. Geelong are a strong contested team with big bodies across the park so the weather, in conjunction with the smaller dimensions of the SCG, are a dream scenario for the Cats. I'm confident that the Swans torrential preseason will have them well prepared for the game but I would much prefer a dry paddock to get a better gauge of where the two teams are at.

A mid and a defender for a forward and a winger. Will be interesting to see how Horse shuffles the magnets

My guess is that Kennedy will remain in defence. It will be his main position this season. He was being played there in pre season alongside Lloyd. Can’t see him being used up forward where we can quick mobile players. Campbell will be the one to push up to the wing to replace McInerney

Warner to the mids with Rowbottom and Parker to spend a little more time forward.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Why are you so desperate to see him play in Melbourne? He's a 35 year old athlete who had a slow first game back. Why push him to go down to Melbourne to play in Round 3?

Things haven't changed have they ? Still with the irrelevant childish replies. 35 year old & a slow first game ? Give me a spell. The game is a about winning. Once again if he is fit to play he plays in Melbourne Rd 3 because if he is playing our chances of winning are a lot better than if he doesn't. Why not admit you are the childish fanboy here that could not stand to see him kick it in Melbourne. Me ? Could not give a **** where he kicks it, in fact hoping he kicks it tomorrow night At The SCG because he does we are a massive chance of winning. So you see My attitude is about competing and winning not being a childish fanboy. Don't know why I continue to fall into children on here that would not know a Footy from a Bocce Ball.

A mid and a defender for a forward and a winger. Will be interesting to see how Horse shuffles the magnets

My guess is that Kennedy will remain in defence. It will be his main position this season. He was being played there in pre season alongside Lloyd. Can’t see him being used up forward where we can quick mobile players. Campbell will be the one to push up to the wing to replace McInerney

Warner to the mids with Rowbottom and Parker to spend a little more time forward.

Can't see Rowbottom being anywhere but the mids. He was our best pure mid last week. Mills will take priority over Warner, and Florent was far too good last week to change his role drastically this week. So I wouldn't be shocked if those three had the lions share of midfield opportunities and the rest were rotated between mid/wing/half forward.

ShireSwan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney

The BOM couldn't correctly forecast the sun coming up in the morning IMHO.
Just as likely to be 20 mm tomorrow and none tonight.
They really need more money invested in their forecasting tools/system.

Donza

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2016
The Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The BOM couldn't correctly forecast the sun coming up in the morning IMHO.
Just as likely to be 20 mm tomorrow and none tonight.
They really need more money invested in their forecasting tools/system.
Yeah nah..
But anyways.
Should be ok

ShireSwan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah nah..
But anyways.
Should be ok

In Japan you can get the forecast by the hour. As in "At 2 oclock it will be sunny, but then at 3 cloud will move in and it'll rain for a while, then at 4 it will be fine." etc And it's right most of the time. I don't think they're psychic, so it's got to be the system they've set up.

Donza

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2016
The Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
In Japan you can get the forecast by the hour. As in "At 2 oclock it will be sunny, but then at 3 cloud will move in and it'll rain for a while, then at 4 it will be fine." etc And it's right most of the time. I don't think they're psychic, so it's got to be the system they've set up.
Bom offer those forecasts too.
You just have to look in the right place.
I'm a big fan of the jma and nz metservice. Dynamic weather.

Anyways. The weather won't be the issue tomorrow night.

Thankfully

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things haven't changed have they ? Still with the irrelevant childish replies. 35 year old & a slow first game ? Give me a spell. The game is a about winning. Once again if he is fit to play he plays in Melbourne Rd 3 because if he is playing our chances of winning are a lot better than if he doesn't. Why not admit you are the childish fanboy here that could not stand to see him kick it in Melbourne. Me ? Could not give a **** where he kicks it, in fact hoping he kicks it tomorrow night At The SCG because he does we are a massive chance of winning. So you see My attitude is about competing and winning not being a childish fanboy. Don't know why I continue to fall into children on here that would not know a Footy from a Bocce Ball.

Childish reply? Thought it was a reasonable question. Not sure why you're so upset at the notion he might be rested.

I don't care where he kicks it, I know the club does though and anyone with half a brain can see what the plan will be if he doesn't get it against the Cats. To get so worked up and annoyed at the prospect of a rest is just going to count against you next week when he's rested.

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Childish reply? Thought it was a reasonable question. Not sure why you're so upset at the notion he might be rested.

I don't care where he kicks it, I know the club does though and anyone with half a brain can see what the plan will be if he doesn't get it against the Cats. To get so worked up and annoyed at the prospect of a rest is just going to count against you next week when he's rested.

The club hasn’t raised the prospect of resting him next week, only fans of the club have (fans who mainly have a self-interest it must be said). He was rested for games in Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast early last year as he was came back from two years out of the game, before playing 13 matches in a row. He is not coming back from any injury or an extended time out of the game. If he needed a rest this early the game against the Kanagroos or West Coast the week after would be the games to do it, not against the Bulldogs.

If he doesn’t kick the 1000th goal tomorrow night and is rested against the Bulldogs so he can go for it against the Kangaroos at the SCG would just show business is more important to the club than winning games of football.

The club hasn’t raised the prospect of resting him next week, only fans of the club have (fans who mainly have a self-interest it must be said). He was rested for games in Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast early last year as he was came back from two years out of the game, before playing 13 matches in a row. He is not coming back from any injury or an extended time out of the game. If he needed a rest this early the game against the Kanagroos or West Coast the week after would be the games to do it, not against the Bulldogs.

If he doesn’t kick the 1000th goal tomorrow night and is rested against the Bulldogs so he can go for it against the Kangaroos at the SCG would just show business is more important to the club than winning games of football.

Only fans? Commentators and others have also raised it as a pretty clear prospect. I have zero self-interest and would be happy to see he him play against the Dogs and kick it there (although to be honest reckon even if he plays against the Dogs it'll still take him until Round 4). Which game was he rested for in Sydney?

I'm not quite sure why people are so insistent in the belief that resting him somehow restricts our ability to beat the Dogs when plenty of other players get managed and rotated and rested at various points across all seasons since the beginning of time.

No surprise it's Vic based Swans fans making the point though..

EDIT: Forgot he didn't play against the Cats. Wonder if people were spitting chips when he didn't play that game complaining about us ruining our chances of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back