Preview Sydney Swans vs Geelong Cats, Rd 7, Saturday May 1 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How am I saying it’s good that hicky is in after not agreeing with the recruit lol

Idiot punts
I don't think there were many happy about that recruit, I was pretty disappointed.

I don't know much about knee injuries.

But a guy I worked with hurt his PCL playing basketball and did not realise it. He was walking around in slight discomfort for a few weeks thinking it was something minor.

Once he realised, he got it treated properly.

You have me thinking of who were our first round draft picks
2017 (Ling :heavycheck:), 2018 (Blakey :heavycheck:), 2019 (Stephens :crossmark: ) and 2020 (McDonald :heavycheck:)

Ling would be the unluckiest with injuries.
I do hope he gets some games this year.

The future does look bright for our recent draft picks.
I don't quite understand why Stephens is bust?

it's his second year, give him a chance lol.

I don't quite understand why Stephens is bust?

it's his second year, give him a chance lol.
I meant to show that Stephens is *not* in VFL but AFL this week.

I don't know much about knee injuries.

But a guy I worked with hurt his PCL playing basketball and did not realise it. He was walking around in slight discomfort for a few weeks thinking it was something minor.

Once he realised, he got it treated properly.
I suspect they had it scanned and it wasn’t a PCL, just a bruise. Then they just didn’t tell.

You have me thinking of who were our first round draft picks
2017 (Ling :heavycheck:), 2018 (Blakey :heavycheck:), 2019 (Stephens :crossmark: ) and 2020 (McDonald :heavycheck:)

Ling would be the unluckiest with injuries.
I do hope he gets some games this year.

The future does look bright for our recent draft picks.
To be fair SwasProudly I think we now have REAL depth. Stephens is in our plans. We can afford to put these guys in the reserves and let them develop. It is not a sign they are no good. It is a sign we can afford to put extra miles of development into them so that when they are ready, they are READY.

To be fair SwasProudly I think we now have REAL depth. Stephens is in our plans. We can afford to put these guys in the reserves and let them develop. It is not a sign they are no good. It is a sign we can afford to put extra miles of development into them so that when they are ready, they are READY.
I have edited my posted to read
Edit: playing this week in VFL :heavycheck: , *not* playing in VFL this week :crossmark:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have edited my posted to read
Edit: playing this week in VFL :heavycheck: , *not* playing in VFL this week :crossmark:
thats ok. I think my post still stands. We have real depth now. We will bring in more draftees this year. We have players even now as number 1 draft picks trying to get into the side Its healthy. They can have time to develop which I think is good. When they are really ready they will play.

Looks like you were right Masey. Really don't like the idea of Sinclair and McLean sharing a forward line as they lack mobility and last week they were not good when down there together. However if there is any week to try it, it's against Geelong, whose defence is strong and experienced, but not quick. Tuohy the concern there... maybe a Wicks could do a job on him, a la the job he did on Brodie Smith ?

Not a big fan of it myself!

They obviously want McDonald to have a good run in the twos.

I actually thought Brand was solid last week. One of the few that seemed to know what was going on when GC went forward. A bit stiff to miss out, except maybe considering it's a like-for-like swap with McCartin coming back in, and COR gives us more pace.

Blakey also, if they were going to drop him on form it should have been before last week, as he was injured after the 1st quarter. He only stayed on against the Suns because we'd already used our sub. Surely he's not being judged on his performance while injured.

Oh well nothing we can do about it hopefully there is a science to the madness.

If it all goes wrong however someone has to be held accountable.

We know that will not happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back