Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Welcome to DERBY XX <<< see that bolding? A small reminder to those media nuffies down south on the actual name of the game today. One can only hope they learn to read sooner rather than later. Yes, I have an axe and I'm not afraid to grind it.

Lid is still firmly on and are we looking at a danger game? Some say yes, others no. Time will tell. Although it would be nice if Toby didn't rip us to pieces for a change.

Milestone: JPK 250 games with the Bloods

Outs: Heeney, Rampe
In: Hayward, Melican

The Giants have nifty new guernseys. Which is an absolute godsend for my poor eyes - gods knows how anyone thought Red & Orange were a good idea on a field together unless you were after a blood orange.

Match Details are here:

Last edited:
Toby Greene is the worry a big worry. He goes pretty good but still has the most punchable face in the AFL.

We really should be winning this if we are going to make the 8.

I'm tipping Swans by 26.

7 year olds tip will come sometime after her jam tost and Weetbix for breakfast.

Papley due for a biggy too

toby greene smells like regret

"Lewis" is a justly hallowed name at the Bloods. The two on the list who bear the name have finally done the responsible thing.

Taylor has changed his first name to Leroy.

Melican has changed his name to Larry.

Am nervously waiting for Troystenvic inestimable daughter to have her tip.

For the moment, I am tipping the Bloods by 15 in a high scoring game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like this derby, and every derby after it, just won't live up to the last derby. Getting to watch us flog GWS, in a derby, in Perth, and seeing Swans fans just take over Optus Stadium, was just the best night at the footy I've ever had. Perhaps the only positive consequence of a pandemic-impacted season.

Nonetheless, this will be a good day for us. I think we will get out to something resembling a 45-50 point lead at some point, just like last year. They will peg it back/we will tire to make it seem respectable. I am not convinced last year's result was an aberration. When we are on, our style demands consistent pressure, structure and effort from the opposition - something I don't think this soulless corporation masquerading as a football club are even remotely capable of.

Swans by 25.

Hickey to play well, Kennedy, Parker & Mills to dominate and the forward line to kick over the ton. Mumford will struggle to back up from last week, no Davis & no Coniglio to lead the midfield. Ward & Greene will show some fight but Should be a comfortable win.

Hickey to play well, Kennedy, Parker & Mills to dominate and the forward line to kick over the ton. Mumford will struggle to back up from last week, no Davis & no Coniglio to lead the midfield. Ward & Greene will show some fight but Should be a comfortable win.
Coniglio couldn't lead baby ducks to a pond. Their midfield look a real tough battle today. Kennedy and Parker to halve the battle with Ward and Hopper. We'll miss Rowbottom today. If Warner and Gulden can have a good one it will go along way toward us winning.

Is there any way to roll people's watched threads from the preview to this to the autopsy to next week's preview?
Yeah, I try to do this most weeks but don't always get around to it

Looking forward to this game, of course.

Interesting will be how Will Hayward plays, after having sat out the games so far this year. Kick a bag of 3 on his return?
Melican will be keen to impress and should be okay down back.

GWS have Toby in form, but their injuries to their best players are a bonus for us.

Expecting a win by 30 here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back