Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
We had the ball at every kick out and yet every single time we kicked it towards the boundary line. That shows our defensive mindset.

Towards the end there we had Hickey off and also Reid off for several minutes. With Heeney out of the team and Buddy a bit sore we had nobody to contest the high ball to have any confidence in not just turning it over.

It’s called playing the percentages, it wasn’t wise to go down the middle.

What shits me off is how insipid the mids were (all day but especially) after Hickey went off. Not like Reid wasn't giving them solid service, he was the only ******* man trying to win the football.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
First loss of the season and Longmire is once again the worst coach in the AFL because he instructs the players to dish up tripe like that ? Please give us a spell. People who thinks a coach instructs that style of play are ****ing clueless. Have they taken into account there is another ****ing team out there ?

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
First loss of the season and Longmire is once again the worst coach in the AFL because he instructs the players to dish up tripe like that ? Please give us a spell. People who thinks a coach instructs that style of play are ****ing clueless. Have they taken into account there is another ****ing team out there ?

Precisely.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham

Coming from the same person who said all our good work is an illusion. This is why this board is toxic. No perspective whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Towards the end there we had Hickey off and also Reid off for several minutes. With Heeney out of the team and Buddy a bit sore we had nobody to contest the high ball to have any confidence in not just turning it over.

It’s called playing the percentages, it wasn’t wise to go down the middle.

We were doing it much of the game, not just in the last half of the last quarter.

Swan4Life

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Damnit!!

Dawson really should have gone for goal there.

Yep.

I was right behind that free....he could have wheeled around on his left decreasing the angle and taken a ping from inside the 50 arc...he must have known there were seconds left....a complete lack of situational awareness there from Dawson

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Coming from the same person who said all our good work is an illusion. This is why this board is toxic. No perspective whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is ****ing difference from what i am saying in this post to what i said in posts during the game. The players themselves produced that s**t today just as the first 3 weeks the gamestyle was a product of the players. So **** off and get back to typing the usual s**t you come out with. You are probably along with 2 other people the dumbest person here.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

Agreed. Childish, reactionary bullshit.

Really poor decision given the circumstances.
Ironic, because if he'd taken the defensive option (as people on here keep blaming Horse for), we'd have gotten a stoppage in our forward half and had a chance to kill the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back