Preview Sydney Swans vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday April 24 @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bummer, I like the idea of Amartey - tall quick etc. thought he might be a chance against the Suns this weekend especially with the possibility of both Hickey and McDonald not playing. but maybe not
Just my view of the game, I am sure others saw it differently.

For me he lacks a bit of mongrel, a bit of hardness. I’ve been bearish on him for a while though so I am probably not the most unbiased source lol

Just my view of the game, I am sure others saw it differently.

For me he lacks a bit of mongrel, a bit of hardness. I’ve been bearish on him for a while though so I am probably not the most unbiased source lol
Never really seen him play, just like what he has to offer re physical attributes.. and heard both Kinnear and Dermott Breraton talk him up.

Wouldn’t mind if fox was available
Last Tuesday's injury list
Fox 2-4 weeks, Heeney 2-3 weeks, Rampe 3-4 weeks,
Edited to put Heeney in

bummer, I like the idea of Amartey - tall quick etc. thought he might be a chance against the Suns this weekend especially with the possibility of both Hickey and McDonald not playing. but maybe not

Just because someone is tall and quick doesn't mean they will be any good.

Ed Barlow syndrome.

Sinclair was decent in the reserves and should have a day out, I'm fine with him coming in.

Just because someone is tall and quick doesn't mean they will be any good.

Ed Barlow syndrome.

Sinclair was decent in the reserves and should have a day out, I'm fine with him coming in.
Will be interesting how the new rules impact the way the game is played and how that effects different positions.
A very mobile Ruck may be where teams head?? Amartey is just that.. thats not to say he'll be any good.
Too early to say

I wonder if Horse will drop Logan. No doubt he'd be a priority and would love to get games into him, but I think he's found it more difficult with each passing week, and I reckon it would be very hard to argue that on the last two weeks' form that he'd offer more than McLean. We've now got decent forward depth, I hope we use it.

I wonder if Horse will drop Logan. No doubt he'd be a priority and would love to get games into him, but I think he's found it more difficult with each passing week, and I reckon it would be very hard to argue that on the last two weeks' form that he'd offer more than McLean. We've now got decent forward depth, I hope we use it.

His form drop coincided with our stiffled movement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And as you have argued, going back to the reserves isn't as bad as it is sometimes made out. Particularly for young players who can take what they learnt in the seniors, apply it against lesser opponents and work on different parts of their game. I'd be very keen to see what Logan does at VFL level after 5 weeks in seniors.

Rowbottom for Hickey

Reid to ruck and use his defensive pressure in the guts to go against their own version of not having a recognised ruck. This week only.

Move the magnets where required
To suggest Sinkers won’t come in is pure folly.

As is the suggestion that Hewett will be dropped.

In: Sinkers, Rowbottom, CoR
Out: Hickey, McI, Campbell

Will be interested to see if McD gets a rest. I’d be keen to see him line up against GC.

To suggest Sinkers won’t come in is pure folly.

As is the suggestion that Hewett will be dropped.

In: Sinkers, Rowbottom, CoR
Out: Hickey, McI, Campbell

Will be interested to see if McD gets a rest. I’d be keen to see him line up against GC.

It’s not pure folly it’s wishful thinking on my part. He is the obvious choice.

Never mentioned Hewett but I assume you’re not quoting me in that respect

It’s not pure folly it’s wishful thinking on my part. He is the obvious choice.

Never mentioned Hewett but I assume you’re not quoting me in that respect
Nope, not quoting you on Hewett. Just surprised at how many have suggested he be dropped. A couple of weeks after he snuffed out the best player in the AFL.

Wouldn't imagine Bud is a definite starter for this one either, given the noise the club has made about him not playing every game. Played two good ones in a row, and he is definitely not as mobile as he once was. Could see him given this one off.
Yep agreed, I'll be really surprised if Bud plays this one, particularly after he copped a knock to his knee also.

My guess is Sinclair will replace Hickey. He has been our ruck for the last few years so he is capable of doing the job and deserves the opportunity. I think Rowbottom will replace Mcinerney. Sometimes Mcinerney seemed to have a few tired tackle attempts.

I think our first year players will be rested at some point. Even though it was a 9 day break. I think it is hard to play every week and not be emotionally flat sometimes. I assume it would be CoR/Ling for Campbell. McLean for McDonald though McDonald plays more like a medium forward making clever leads. But I don't think we will rest both.

I hope we don't take Gold Coast lightly. If we win we go 5-1 and puts us in a good position going into games against Geelong and Melbourne. So I hope we don't rest a lot of players thinking it will be an easy game.

I don’t think we should be shy about resting the youngsters when they hit a wall.

If we can get 15-18 games into guys like Gulden, Logan and Campbell this year that’s a big win for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back