Preview Sydney Swans vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday April 24 @ Metricon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trolling last week about Amartey but I actually reckon this week might just be the time to throw him in the deep end.

He's not up against Grundy or Gawn.

I don't think there's a lot of upside to playing Sinclair. I suspect Sinkers is probably the better ruckman and he certainly tries hard enough but he wasn't so good in the Ressies that he demanded a spot and Amartey just might be the type of player that succeeds at the higher level with the cleaner faster football.

Naismith looks like being back in 4-6 weeks and hopefully Hickey not too long after.

Why not give the rookie a crack in the meantime?

Fair point. The GoCo are most likely to debut an undersized athletic ruck. Size wise we are not likely to lose much this week. The bits of Sinkers I saw suggested he needed the gallop. Give Amartey a crack and see how he goes.

Parky79

All Australian
Jul 9, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Sydney
Blakey will not be dropped. Sinclair for Hicks the only definite. Possibly McClean for Logan if he needs a spell. If we go back to how we played first 3 rounds players like Hewitt won’t be exposed. We must take risks, hit the corridor, we have just been waiting a split second longer.
Rowbottom I forgot, will come in. Maybe Gulden misses? Or Wicks. Blakey goes forward

Mathelios

Debutant
Mar 15, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd be very surprised if anyone other Sinclair came in to replace Hickey, given he was rucking all day in the ressies. Can't really comment on Amartey as a ruckman as he barely contested a tap, suspect they see him more as a forward. Didn't do much down there either.

Oh well, Logan stays in then. McLean gets his chance. It will be exciting getting to watch these two young forwards working together and sharing a greater responsibility.

Sinclair for Hickey. It's not perfect but, *in Shrek voice*, that'll do.

I feel like we have spoken about Rowbottom coming back every week for the last four weeks and it hasn't happened. Maybe we're jinxing it. Therefore, he'll be about for another 4-6 weeks, if his season isn't already cooked.

wills2g

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I read somewhere that PCL can be up to 4 months and 6 weeks is on the shorter scale. That is very good news for Hickey.

No one liked my post of dropping Buddy for McLean, but that was because I had a sneaky suspicion that Buddy would be rested. Season is a marathon. Plenty of opportunities for Bud to tear it up later.

Given the outs, Sinkers has to come in for Hickey. He is a warrior and will give it his all. Before he was completely battered, he was a decent ruck, as a week in week out ask is a tough task for anyone.

Rowy in for Bud and leave the rest the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back