Preview Sydney Swans vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday April 24 @ Metricon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
McLean & Rowbottom for Hickey & Buddy makes some sense. McLean & Reid to share ruck responsibilities, Rowbottom to add to the midfield rotations so we don't disappear come fourth quarter. Makes our forward 6 a little less potent but they're still more than capable.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Why would Horse make any unnecessary changes? We'll already have 3 as it is.
Apart from Sinkers for Hickey, the other changes might not be obvious.

Horse might decide to replace Buddy with a pressure forward instead of another tall (Bell, Taylor, Gray).

I just suspect the club sees more in Bell than I (or most fans) do & he might get a run.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Well bloody shite we got hit again by injuries but at least they’re relatively short term. Just random injuries instead of soft tissue injuries, so there shouldn’t be any lasting damage.

This is a chance for McLean now, and for McDonald to get more of the ball, and Hayward to continue his bright form and Rowbottom to lead the midfield. It’s not the end of the world, this is still a building year and we can also still make the 8 (No more injuries, though. Seriously).

Our next 4 games are Suns, Cats, Demons and Pies. We need at least two wins, maybe 3, and then we’re hopefully getting at least two of those guys back.

Stay positive and trust the guys we have. We’re building something which we’ve all seen evidence of, now isn’t the time to lose faith in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The lid is firmly back on. Result doesnt matter this week it is the gsmeplan, whether we return to week 1-3 or continue bombing down the line week 4-5 style. If we continue like weeks 4-5 its season over we arent good enough to win like that all year.

Its only our 4-1 start that has us thinking of potentially playing finals go look at the predictions for 2021 we were a lock for bottom 4.

We wont finish bottom 4 unless we lose the next 16 games in a row.

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Well bloody sh*te we got hit again by injuries but at least they’re relatively short term. Just random injuries instead of soft tissue injuries, so there shouldn’t be any lasting damage.

This is a chance for McLean now, and for McDonald to get more of the ball, and Hayward to continue his bright form and Rowbottom to lead the midfield. It’s not the end of the world, this is still a building year and we can also still make the 8 (No more injuries, though. Seriously).

Our next 4 games are Suns, Cats, Demons and Pies. We need at least two wins, maybe 3, and then we’re hopefully getting at least two of those guys back.

Stay positive and trust the guys we have. We’re building something which we’ve all seen evidence of, now isn’t the time to lose faith in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullshit! The sky is falling in! We're doomed

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
We averaged a spread of just over 9 individual goal kickers per game in our first 4 games but had only 3 against the Gnats. We need more contributors this weekend. McDonald needs to do something else if he's not kicking goals, tackle, crash a pack, assist, defend, 1% ers, anything. He can't have just 6 touches, 3 clangers and nothing else. I don't want to be hard on the kid but he really needs to lift or take a break. Our game plan relies on accurate disposal, pressure on the opposition to create turnovers and having too many targets to stop. We failed on those counts last weekend.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Apart from Sinkers for Hickey, the other changes might not be obvious.

Horse might decide to replace Buddy with a pressure forward instead of another tall (Bell, Taylor, Gray).

I just suspect the club sees more in Bell than I (or most fans) do & he might get a run.
BOG performance in the VFL, by some margin. Hard to ignore that. Horse needs to tell him to bring his physical game.

The young swans are winning, losing, do amazing and terrible things, but learning every step of the way.

Suns away present a great chance to reboot our free-flowing game style.

Swans by 38.
38?!?! Waaaaay overestimating us IMO.

It'll be 37 after we put the cue in the rack at 3qt. :cool:

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
If was up to me I would be pushing hewett up to the middle, yes he had a good game against the tigers but was touched up by Greene, because he adds nothing offensively amd can’t play that fox/aliir/Cor role of coming over to help out the tall backs.

Bring COR in to play that role amd someone misses out in the mid group for hewett if they want him in the team so bad.

Rowbottom comes in also obviously

The back 6 doesn’t offer enough help (floater) amd rebound imo

Apr 27, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wests Tigers, Everton
GCS are in real trouble with their ruck situation and have a young defender rucking for them at the moment.

Could definitely make do with Reid and McLean this week and have them rest forward a bit when they aren’t in the middle.

So it wouldn’t be a surprise to see just Rowbottom and McLean for Buddy and Hickey imo.

GCS are in real trouble with their ruck situation and have a young defender rucking for them at the moment.

Could definitely make do with Reid and McLean this week and have them rest forward a bit when they aren’t in the middle.

So it wouldn’t be a surprise to see just Rowbottom and McLean for Buddy and Hickey imo.

Then what happens next week though? Hickey isn't back next week.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Not sure his form in the 2s warrants senior footy
I know but if the coaches think he can make a better contest than the other options, he may get the gig. McLean is a forward. I think we may look past Sinkers unfortunately for him & we know his limits as he tried to do the job the last two years & no improvement for the team. Against GC who have a similar ruck problem, Amartey will be up against the same bloke/s he has & will ruck against in the NEAFL/VFL.
Now next week against the Cats could be interesting, but against Gawn, no way he will play the way I'm thinking. I just don't think Horse wants Sinclair.
Amartey was kept on the list for a reason. Well it's this week against GC or never IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back