Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Anaheim Angels, UA Crimson Tide
Only change I am expecting is Sinclair for Hickey.
Will be interesting to see how the first year youngsters in particular respond to their first loss.
GC were comprehensively outclassed by the Dogs, so will be returning home with something to prove.

Only change I am expecting is Sinclair for Hickey.
Will be interesting to see how the first year youngsters in particular respond to their first loss.
GC were comprehensively outclassed by the Dogs, so will be returning home with something to prove.

To be honest, I am more interested in how the coaches and senior players - JPK, Parker, Lloyd, Paps and Franklin respond to the loss.

Apr 10, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Anaheim Angels, UA Crimson Tide
To be honest, I am more interested in how the coaches and senior players - JPK, Parker, Lloyd, Paps and Franklin respond to the loss.
To my way of thinking the senior players and coaching responding to the loss won't be an issue, they've been down that path many a time in the AFL careers. The youngsters on the other hand , it is something they haven't experienced before.

To my way of thinking the senior players and coaching responding to the loss won't be an issue, they've been down that path many a time in the AFL careers. The youngsters on the other hand , it is something they haven't experienced before.

The worry I have is the authority figures in the Box and on the ground will just serve up more of the same. Kick to the pockets. Prop and cop and kick down the line and bomb I50.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Out (In)
Hickey (Sinclair)
Campbell (COR)
Hewett (Ling)
McDonald (Rowbottom)

Parker to play forward, slightly smaller forward line with more agility to create more forward half pressure.

COR and Ling to try and strengthen the defence a bit.

Rowbottom to take Parker’s midfield minutes.

Hewett controversial but he isn’t a defender and if he is not in the midfield I don’t see the point (haven’t changed my view on that since start of year).

Tempted to push Mills back into defence but not sure I can see that happening. We just can’t have too many one paced players in there but Mills is a distributor rather than genuine hard ball winner and doesn’t play the exact role that Parker, JPK etc do so probably room for him.

McLean unlucky, and he may well come in, just wondering if we are better suited having a bit more mobility down forward.

Just my thoughts (which could change by tomorrow!!)

wills2g

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Bud goes out for McLean as well I reckon. Can’t put him in a position where he might get injured and be out for 2 months.

And McLean kicked 3 in the VFL? Hes been in good form when hes played.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
My changes would be

In: McLean, Rowbottom, Sinclair
Out: McDonald (managed), Blakey (omitted), Hickey (injured)

Not against COR or Ling in to tighten up the defence over the next few weeks, but I'd give this bunch another shot to play together.

Making my 22

Cunningham - Melican - Dawson
Lloyd - McCartin - Campbell
Florent - Mills - McInerney
Parker - Franklin - Gulden
Papley - Reid - Hayward
Sinclair - Kennedy - Rowbottom

Hewett - Warner - Wicks - McLean

Another thing with hewett in defence is that if he is getting beaten then he is a pure liability, no rebound or even help McCartin etc with floating across etc

I keep going on about buts it’s just a stupid move imo

Probably should have traded when value was higher. Oh well can’t win them all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three changes I hope we make:

Rowbottom for Blakey. This is harsh on Blakey as I thought he was better last night, but it would be even harsher to drop Wicks, McInerney or Campbell who have shown a lot more so far this year. Someone's gotta go, and I don't think Blakey did quite enough.

McLean for Logan. The kid clearly needs a rest and if we are holding him to the same standard we've held McLean to, where a quiet-ish game gets you dropped for the better forward, then McLean should be taking Logan's place. Even if just for a week. Logan was struggling and clearly needs a rest, while McLean was great in the reserves.

Sinclair for Hickey. Self-explanatory, we need a ruck, but ughhhhh

My changes would be

In: McLean, Rowbottom, Sinclair
Out: McDonald (managed), Blakey (omitted), Hickey (injured)

Not against COR or Ling in to tighten up the defence over the next few weeks, but I'd give this bunch another shot to play together.

Making my 22

Cunningham - Melican - Dawson
Lloyd - McCartin - Campbell
Florent - Mills - McInerney
Parker - Franklin - Gulden
Papley - Reid - Hayward
Sinclair - Kennedy - Rowbottom

Hewett - Warner - Wicks - McLean
Agree with most of this. I would however rest Campbell for the week instead of Blakey, call it a scheduled rotation, Mills back to cover Campbell with Rowy into the middle if he pulls up OK. Think balance wise it would strengthen our backline without taking away from the mids.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
Think Bud misses this one, resets for 2 huge games after. We are going to get Geelong when vulnerable, and get the Dees on basically our home deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back