Review Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants @ Scrubby Crickety Ground - Sat 27th April 7.25PM

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Daniels...50 minutes to prove you need to stay. Kicking skills ordinary and can’t find the ball. Langdon fit again so pressure should be on.

Himmelberg needs to lift having an underwhelming season.

Gulliver72

Debutant
Apr 7, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Daniels...50 minutes to prove you need to stay. Kicking skills ordinary and can’t find the ball. Langdon fit again so pressure should be on.

He did ok then but needs to score some goals, Lloyd becoming a very good player

13-4 free kick count.

Swans definitely getting more benefit of the doubt when "disposing" of the ball.
Case in point: Buntine would've been play on the other way. It seems they let a controlled drop be play on but the ball knocked out is a free kick.

And again now.

Smartest Brain

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Like there’s enough quality and frequent glimpses of true class that suggest this team should be much better than they are.

So frustrating.
Exactly. From my experience that is usually related to a culture or coaching problem. Even worst enemies can combine for some games to produce excellence but over the long term requires better cohesion.

Langdon will be back with Greene now firing both Greene and Langdon starting in the Fwd's with Cog's resting down there - its looking good

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
41 point wins I'll take every day of the week.
Concerned that we might be without Whitfield and Cogs next week
Was quite concerned for Whitfield but the fact he did stay on the field albeit struggling was still promising. Looks a very bad corkie. Even if he misses, hopefully wont be a long term thing. Cumming or Hately should step in if needed. If Reid is injured then can see both coming in. Have really wanted to see more of Cumming in seniors and think he deserves a call up soon. From the quick post-match interview with Cogs, he looks alright for now.

i know alot of people disagree but really do not feel Buntine is AFL quality
At this point I'd rate him as AFL quality but in that vanilla way that guys can fill out the lower reaches of the list but step in when needed. He used to be a very good kick but it seems his injuries have taken the sting out of it so he tries kicks at a higher difficulty than he can manage fairly regularly.

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
At this point I'd rate him as AFL quality but in that vanilla way that guys can fill out the lower reaches of the list but step in when needed. He used to be a very good kick but it seems his injuries have taken the sting out of it so he tries kicks at a higher difficulty than he can manage fairly regularly.
He still has the intercept marking qualities from time to time which is nice. I remember, but unfortunately we have to judge him on his current merits. Now, his decreased pace, confidence and poorly directed kicking often leads to turnovers or him being outmarked. He is still relatively strong, but the pace factor makes it hard for him to play the HB or HF role we need him to currently. Would like to see him acknowledge his limitations and see him handball to better ball users more or kick down the line to space/packs. His downfall starts becoming more evident when he tries to take the high risk-high reward route i.e. kick to the middle or when he takes on opposition players. I am probably particularly harsh on him because I personally feel Cumming is really beginning to consistently come to his own in the NEAFL and would add another dimension to our defensive and outside rotations.

Back