Review Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants @ Scrubby Crickety Ground - Sat 27th April 7.25PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of positives from the game
Hopper Taranto responding to quiet weeks v the Dockers
Cameron improving his consistency and is now a threat in every game and he should be able to carry it on
Greenes comeback with 3 goals and running out the game well, he will draw a second defender which should open up opportunities for others in the F50
Kelly is 1 game away from his best IMO and I can see a big game next week
Coniglio and his first quarter and the 4 goals showing even carrying an injury he is dangerous

Negatives
A few times poor ball use coming out of D50 I think Buntine had 1 and Corr 1 as well that I remember and some lax marking gave Rowbottom a mark 30 from goal
Whitfield and Coniglio injuries

No mention of Reid but he seemed to go down with a ankle or lower leg issue so it will be interesting to see on tuesday if he is mentioned

Cameron improving his consistency and is now a threat in every game and he should be able to carry it on
Greenes comeback with 3 goals and running out the game well, he will draw a second defender which should open up opportunities for others in the F50
Coniglio and his first quarter and the 4 goals showing even carrying an injury he is dangerous

Negatives
A few times poor ball use coming out of D50 I think Buntine had 1 and Corr 1 as well that I remember and some lax marking gave Rowbottom a mark 30 from goal

No mention of Reid but he seemed to go down with a ankle or lower leg issue so it will be interesting to see on tuesday if he is mentioned

Both guys are still young and at times lack the consistency that they will no doubt show in another 12 months. But for now they will still have the odd sub par game as they have done in our 2 losses for the season.

Negatives

Reid's injury didn't look good.Was sitting just near the interchange.Looked pretty shattered.Hopefully it's not as bad as his reaction to it indicated

Exactly. From my experience that is usually related to a culture or coaching problem. Even worst enemies can combine for some games to produce excellence but over the long term requires better cohesion.
It's just about improving that link between mids and forwards and generally improving decision making and execution with our kicks into the forward 50.That falls upon everyone but the fact that we have won the contested ball (+spread well ) all year (except against Freo fourth quarter )would indicate it's not cultural.

Negatives

It seems Harry H was a little lost in that mix and lost his goal shooting prowess. Hopefully, that is just for one night. He did move around the ground creating another forward option.

It's just about improving that link between mids and forwards and generally improving decision making and execution with our kicks into the forward 50.That falls upon everyone but the fact that we have won the contested ball (+spread well ) all year (except against Freo fourth quarter )would indicate it's not cultural.
Hasn't this been the same problem for over 2 years now?

How the tables have turned The Giants are now the bosses of "Bridge Town" Love how Hopper & Taranto have stepped it up in the middle. What about those goals in the last quarter?, Tobes's accuracy.. Cog's work..The Mummy's return..anyhow here's some snaps we took and a cool chat with Apples (even Jezza chimes in) Danger game this weekend, the boys have to beat the Saints... Go Giants...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back