Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMU Mustangs, Matildas
Don't get too excited boys and girls...

A couple of weeks back one poster claimed we would only win two more games this season. Looks like it's LLLLLLL from here on in.:D:D:D:D

Me, I'm a little more optimistic. Perhaps there's a bit of South Melbourne ju-ju coming our way.

Onwards to victory, friends!

Swans by 31.

This is a big game, I said that last time we played the Giants but it came at a similar point, after a few big wins and just as we were starting to get carried away. Have to be professional here and put them away.

Fantastic. We’ve got a better record at GMHBA than the cats!
We're going to need it!! By some fluke every team we play in the next 4 week is either aiming to get in at 8th or in the case of Freo - ensuring they stay there.

So, in other words all of them are going to go full bore. Its going to be a critical month of footy for the Swans.

Giants used us as a launching pad earlier in the season when their season was in shambles. No doubt they will come out hard, and try do the same so we will need to be ready to match, and take it to them

God knows where this will be.

I reckon the AFL will only present Ballarat and Geelong as options to GWS. Let them choose. Even though a double header at Marvel can work, so can moving Dees v Hawks to 1:45pm and playing our game at night at the G. They really should be presenting 3, if not 4 options to GWS. But they wont.

I suspect we're going to Ballarat.

I'm honestly pretty shitty that Canberra has probably had this chance taken away. Not happy, and I hope they can get exemptions, given the zero cases of Covid, and still play here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whitfield passed his concussion test so I assume he’ll be free to play.
Did they use their medical sub?

I'm sure there was a rule that said if you came off with concussion and the medical sub was used, you were automatically out the next week

Probably depends on how it was worded... :rolleyes:

I hear GWS get to choose due to it being their home ground.

They’re likely to choose Ballarat due to our success at GMHBA.

Reckon Reid will have another week in reserves but would take Amartey's spot
Ronke not too far away and would obviously take Wicks' spot
Stephens, McDonald are pushing hard for selection but hard to drop anyone to make way.
Rowbum the likely in?

Why change the winning formula.!

Be it at the G, Docklands, The Bloods' Bank (Kardinia Park) or North Rat Oval we will get the win.

Sounds like it will be at North Rat Oval. It is a gormless ground that, on a still day elsewhere, produces wind rivalling what I produce after a magnificent array of curries.

Reid and Warner need a run in the 2s before coming back. Barring injury I expect few if any changes.

The only possible in is Rowbottom to strengthen the mids. Horse highlighted centre clearances in his presser. Mills was good, Parker contributed and George applied the pressure which leaves JPK who again was below par. Still GWS mids have size. Maybe JPK stays to tag Tom Green at stoppages.

I'd be making no changes unless required due to injury. This side is playing at the top their game and the combinations we've landed on are excelling. I suspect Warner will come back after a game in the reserves to take Bell's spot because Gulden can shift back from wing to full-time HF and Warner can take the wing spot, but can't see Rowbottom, Reid, McDonald getting a game this week.

Reckon Reid will have another week in reserves but would take Amartey's spot
Ronke not too far away and would obviously take Wicks' spot
Stephens, McDonald are pushing hard for selection but hard to drop anyone to make way.
Rowbum the likely in?

Why change the winning formula.!

why would ronke come in for wicks? ronke is not best 22, maybe not best 25 ... more specifically, why would wicks lose his spot at all?

Did they use their medical sub?

I'm sure there was a rule that said if you came off with concussion and the medical sub was used, you were automatically out the next week

Probably depends on how it was worded... :rolleyes:

Well he passed the concussion test so if he's off as a precaution then it's not concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back