Preview Sydney Swans vs GWS, Metricon Sunday 18 Jul 6:10 PM - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not sure whether that was fitness or circumstance.
I think more likely the latter.

We obviously don't play the medi-sub in the reserves and we normally pull a player out after 3 qtrs in the reserves as emergency cover in case someone goes down in the seniors warm up (requiring the designated medi-sub to play and another to take that role on the bench). I think it is likely Rowbottom was that '24th' man last week.

Rowbottom had no strapping on his knee last week and covered the ground and played well in the first 3 qtrs.

Bell has been OK, but IMO Rowbottom can do everything Bell can do, just better.

Assuming he's fit I'd have liked to see Rowbottom in for Bell this week.
They might just be taking the precautionary road.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I think when you are coming off a superb win against the Dogs (probably the 2nd best team at the moment) away from home in the hub life don't blame the selectors for keeping the same side. Reward them.

Now I guess if we go on a big winning streak and we have 2 games left... the selectors will have a good problem to have. Do they want Reid and Warner to be fit come finals and give them gametime...? Who knows.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I think when you are coming off a superb win against the Dogs (probably the 2nd best team at the moment) away from home in the hub life don't blame the selectors for keeping the same side. Reward them.

Now I guess if we go on a big winning streak and we have 2 games left... the selectors will have a good problem to have. Do they want Reid and Warner to be fit come finals and give them gametime...? Who knows.
I think with the team in good form just about everyone (a few exceptions) need to pick up some match fitness in the ressies if at all possible.
A fit Reid is still a better bet than Amartey at this point in their careers.
Rowbottom's knee seems to be still a bit troublesome. I also wouldn't bet he could do Bell's role better. They might need to reconfigure.
Warner will need a game or 2 or even 3 to get match fit.
With Hewett back in the mids the only spot possibly open is Bell's IMO.
Who do you drop?

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I think with the team in good form just about everyone (a few exceptions) need to pick up some match fitness in the ressies if at all possible.
A fit Reid is still a better bet than Amartey at this point in their careers.
Rowbottom's knee seems to be still a bit troublesome. I also wouldn't bet he could do Bell's role better. They might need to reconfigure.
Warner will need a game or 2 or even 3 to get match fit.
With Hewett back in the mids the only spot possibly open is Bell's IMO.
Who do you drop?
A good problem to have approaching the finals!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wills2g

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Hope we tag Hopper, and JPK doesn't get a bath from Tom Green

Sunday 6.10pm - seriously?

Why not broadcast the game live on SBS at 2.30 am Monday? May as well...

Not really the same. What time do you go to bed?

Apr 27, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wests Tigers, Everton
Hard to really complain about the time slot when before this round we were the only team in the competition this season who hadn’t played the last game on a Sunday.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Had hoped McDonald would be brought back in. Can't complain with an unchanged lineup after the last 2 weeks though

I’m liking that they’re building Logan up. Getting his strength up and letting him (hopefully) dominate a few EFL games.

We’re not Norf or Carlton or insert minnow Melbourne team who’s desperate to play the new young KPF just to please the masses and give them hope. We’re playing the long game.

Logan will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back