Preview Sydney Swans vs GWS, Saturday April 17 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess we find out this week whether Rowbottom's earned a Gold Pass.

I reckon he'd be close. But I'd be tempted to play Hayward and give Rowbottom a week in the 2s.

He should have. Play both and leave Bell in the NEAFL

Yes but you've said that Rowbottom has the gold pass and that Melican for Rampe should be the straight swap. So if Hayward is also playing it has to be at someone's expense other than Heeney or Rampe.

Bell. Shouldn’t have been near the side anyway.

Hayward as the medical sub for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayward for Heeney
Rowbottom for Bell (let’s be real it’s a significant upgrade here)
Melican for Rampe

I’d also consider Stephens but doubt we’d make 4 changes to a winning side

So Rowbottom as sub?

So Rowbottom as sub?
That won't work out, unless (God help us) we get an injury early. Rowbottom needs game time. I'd prefer to see Stephens sub, Rowbottom 2s, Hayward in for Heeney. It seems like Will's earned a game and I think it's good to reward hard work.

Nice to have some depth

For the NEAFL?

If so I agree

No. For the seniors. So once again your ignorance is exposed.

I don’t have an issue with ignorance. It takes all types. But when it’s coupled with derogatory comments anonymously online it really really gives me the shits.

Bell is clearly doing what is asked of him.

I'm more worried about our goal kicking. We're still the best side for marks inside 50 but geez we burnt some chances against the Bombers. 17 behinds is wasteful.

We'll see if we can get our running game back this weekend. I don't know if it was Essendon marking up tight, the slippery conditions or what but I was disappointed that we fell back to kicking to a 50/50 on the wing. It will have been a 9 day break so should pull up a bit fresher and hopefully we go back to using the corridor.
I think that the opposition will continue to counter our game plan so we won't be able to play with the same freedom as the first few rounds. The key is getting better at what we are doing and being able to adapt. It might look like we are playing uglier but you can only do what the opposition allows you.

I think that the opposition will continue to counter our game plan so we won't be able to play with the same freedom as the first few rounds. The key is getting better at what we are doing and being able to adapt. It might look like we are playing uglier but you can only do what the opposition allows you.
I think it's easy to forget how hard it was to stop Adelaide, and when we're on I don't think the gameplan can be stopped, just curtailed.

That was what was so good about Thursday, we played bad, the opposition set up for us, AND the weather was against us, but we still had 10ish more shots at goal. We are multi faceted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back