Preview Sydney Swans vs GWS, Saturday April 17 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this. Over on the right hand side - looks like it's only via tour.
Ah bugger. I appreciate the effort. Thank you.

Hey Swans fans! Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I'm going to the game tomorrow, my first at the SCG of any sport, and was wondering if the museum is open on game days. I'd love to check it out if possible.

Hoping for a good game and a bag for Buddy!
See you there.

If Sam Gray makes it as sub over Stephens, oh boy.

James Rowbottom, who has missed the last three weeks with a knee injury will return but at VFL level, with the Sydney Swans playing their first VFL match against the Giants on Saturday at Lakeside Oval, as a precursor to Sydney Derby XX.

“He (Rowbottom) got through training well and we’d like to see him play at the reserves level this week and hopefully get through that and he will be ready to go after that,” Longmire said.

EmergenciesJames BellCallum SinclairDylan Stephens
Sam Gray

James Rowbottom, who has missed the last three weeks with a knee injury will return but at VFL level, with the Sydney Swans playing their first VFL match against the Giants on Saturday at Lakeside Oval, as a precursor to Sydney Derby XX.

“He (Rowbottom) got through training well and we’d like to see him play at the reserves level this week and hopefully get through that and he will be ready to go after that,” Longmire said.

Smart call.

EmergenciesJames BellCallum SinclairDylan Stephens
Sam Gray

Good stuff, though I don't like the idea of any of those emergencies, so hopefully Stephens is the sub!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps you could narrow down where on the SCG site I may find the hours seeing as I couldn't find them when I tried this prior to asking the question.
Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps you could narrow down where on the SCG site I may find the hours seeing as I couldn't find them when I tried this prior to asking the question.
Sorry Barry. The SCG currently does not have a museum , the likes of the MCG. My fault . i assumed that you were referring to the Syd museum. Cant help on alternitves. IT all depends where you are staying.

I think that is just that they want Stephens to get game time. Nothing else. He needs time playing to improve and continue to put pressure on the players playing seniors.
The sub is not an auomatic admission that this player is next in.
I know, but it's not worth the risk of losing a player early and then having Gray on field all game. Like Clarke or COR (not that I've seen/heard anything about him this year) are known quantities and can be good.

If Sam Gray makes it as sub over Stephens, oh boy.
Better for Stephens to play a full ressies game then 2 hours on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think that is just that they want Stephens to get game time. Nothing else. He needs time playing to improve and continue to put pressure on the players playing seniors.
The sub is not an automatic admission that this player is next in.

Actually fair point. The more I think about it, though I rate him highly, I don't think throwing a kid in like Stephens say at half time would be conducive to a good performance from him anyway. Can be tough for youngsters at the best of times but picking up the pace of the game midway through it is hardly practical.

More that I think about it Gray might actually be the smokey for the sub. Reserves start this weekend and I think they want the youngsters to get as much game time as possible in the 2s. Speed up the development.

On the other hand Gray has already 100+ games at the top level and we know who he is at this point. Not a world beater but can kick goals here and there.

More that I think about it Gray might actually be the smokey for the sub. Reserves start this weekend and I think they want the youngsters to get as much game time as possible in the 2s. Speed up the development.

On the other hand Gray has already 100+ games at the top level and we know who he is at this point. Not a world beater but can kick goals here and there.
Stephens needing game time more is stating the obvious, not sure why people are pointing that out. Harsh reality of the sub that they might miss all game time some weekends, but you can always rotate it as has been done. It's the fact that we do know who Gray is at this point and he's mentioned on the teamsheet is my worry. Better options for known quantities as I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back