Preview Sydney Swans vs GWS, Saturday April 17 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they're going for some kind of port adelaide thing ... 'never tear us apart', 'never surrender' ... maybe they should've gone with a ric astley 'never gonna give you up' and tried to hang on to some players

fdaa0f1774ac6d9db74d94e1c90ec1ba--programme-tv-lifestyle-quotes.jpg

from what I’m reading mummy won’t be playing so it will be Hickey and Flynn going head to head which will be a good contest. He’s a good young ruck.

Last edited:

Reckon Flynn could out eat Hickey
how many pies do you reckon he could eat over 4 quarters?
Ill back Hickey.. 9 day break.. seasoned gut.. It seems hes really enjoying the east coast pies - maybe reminding him of his youth

Rowbottom written up in afl website as having trained strongly thus they're tipping he and Melican in, and Hayward the sub.

Woo Hoo ! Just who we need to put through the mids at times.

how many pies do you reckon he could eat over 4 quarters?
Ill back Hickey.. 9 day break.. seasoned gut.. It seems hes really enjoying the east coast pies - maybe reminding him of his youth
Nah, Hickey looks like a Kale and Quinoa kinda guy, Flynn could nudge Muumys snag record

Melican straight swap in for Rampe. Not sure why we would need to play Mills back there as well. Rampe has been playing on talls all season.
The only questionable matchup is Greene and I'd be inclined to start Cunningham on him even though he will struggle in the air. At least keep him accountable in general play and Harry has good closing speed.

Yep.. kind of makes sense.
Mills and Melican into the backline for Rampe and Campbell. - lose and gain experience, height, rebounding qualities..
Mills did say in an interview a few weeks ago that he might still go back if needed.. he's needed
Agree Heeney - Hayward
We'll see this Saturday.

two Big injuries. So Ill only tip the Swans by 25pts. Logan to kick 5 and win the rising star (Ill keep tipping that until it happens)
stop tipping it and it will happen

With Rampe and Heeney out it kind of depends on where Rowbottom is at. If he's fit and horse doesn't want to play around with the team much yet I would push Parker into Heeney's position so Rowbottom can get in the mids. If we need more structure down back push Mills back and put Hewitt into the mids. If we Parker struggling in the mids push Parker back into the mids and push Macinerney or Blakey into the forwards.

Melican is probably makes the most sense to replace Rampe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS has unveiled a new charcoal jumper which will be worn against the Swans every season.

View attachment 1101650

Smart marketing with the guernsey, not so sure about the associated 'never surrender' hashtag.

Does that only apply to games against the Swans and will they turn to jelly and become Giant surrender monkeys against other teams?

Hate to say it, but that's a great jumper.

Team is 4-0. No major surgery required. There is flex during game to switch Mills and Hewett around. I like the idea of Parker/JPK spending a bit more time in the forward line. Melican in For Rampe. Rowbotton to come into the middle. Done.

Parker & Kennedy are the ones winning the hard ball in the middle. Parker for me is now our most important mid, I wouldn't be moving him to the forward line for extended periods. If Rowbottom comes in for Heeney, Blakey is the one I'm sending into the forward 50 with Rowbottom to work on the wing
Warner also winning it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back