Preview Sydney Swans vs GWS, Saturday April 17 @ SCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMU Mustangs, Matildas
I know it’s early, but every time I open the preview thread we seem to win. So I simply can’t trust you buggers to do it.

I expect we’ll be too good for a wounded Giants team past its best.

Errol to straighten up his kicking and boot 3.
3 for Logan
3 more forBud.

swans to get the job done by 38.

5 on the trot for the young sygnets!

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Hopefully a bit less stressful. The break comes at the perfect time for this young team.

Logan and Campbell will learn from the harder slog and should both be kept in.

I can see Hayward coming in, or maybe just Rowbottom and moving Blakey forward.

Buddy stays and might kick a bag on this Giants team.

Swans by 52.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I really think Logan needs a rest. He was out on his feet last night in the last quarter. He kept trying and worked exceptionally hard which I was very impressed by but I think he might need a bit of a break so I'd bring McLean back in.

Rowbottom comes back if fit and I suspect will be a straight swap for Heeney but I'd probably drop Blakey and bring in Hayward for Heeney. Blakey is trying out there but it's just not working. His kicking is meant to be his strong suit but he's very inconsistent right now. I'd give him some reserve time to find some form - get him in the guts of the midfield and tell him to run and create all day

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I really think Logan needs a rest. He was out on his feet last night in the last quarter. He kept trying and worked exceptionally hard which I was very impressed by but I think he might need a bit of a break so I'd bring McLean back in.

Rowbottom comes back if fit and I suspect will be a straight swap for Heeney but I'd probably drop Blakey and bring in Hayward for Heeney. Blakey is trying out there but it's just not working. His kicking is meant to be his strong suit but he's very inconsistent right now. I'd give him some reserve time to find some form - get him in the guts of the midfield and tell him to run and create all day
9 days between Dons & Giants, no point in resting players for this match.

Should be expected there would be a few tired legs. 5 day turn around from the last match

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
As much as it sucks to lose Heeney, gives a chance for another bloke to take the spot in the team.

IMO 2 changes needed, Blakey needs to be dropped, at least for his own good. Will be better if he has to be accountable in those last quarter situations.

A few different options (if they drop Blakey). Bring in a forward and a winger, maybe Hayward and Stephens, or move player around. I would like to see Parker go forward and bring in Rowbottom. Then either move Lloyd to the wing and bring in Ling, or bring in Stephens, whoever has been impressing more.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
We appear to be a 4-goal better side away from the SCG.

Giants (despite the injuries) still have a potent midfield & aren't a bottom 4 side.

Long range weather forecast looks pretty wet.

Heeney's absence takes away our x-factor.

And with that .... I have earned the right to be the first to say it ....

*drumroll please* .............

DANGER GAME.

wills2g

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
4:35PM game so hopefully a lot less dewy, and the boys don't fumble so much. I don't think its a coincidence that it was dewy, we were fumbly compared to last week, and couldnt get our game plan going because we couldnt get clean ball, and then turning it into a contested game against essendon.

Rather not play Hayward since he was one of the worst against Giants in preseason, but he did have a great game as a tagger on Haynes last year. I just worry that he'll stay in the team as a tagger in the forward line (sigh) more than actually being a forward. IIRC he smashed Haynes then tried to play tagger the week after and did absolutely nothing, and everyone was back to square one on bagging Hayward.

Rowbottom in for Heeney the only change for mine.

I think a 9 day break should be enough to rest up Logan 👍

Remember it was a 5 day turn around after 32 degree heat, that would kill most senior players let alone a junior.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
GWS is definitely in a rut at the moment but if there is a game where they will step it up it is against us... they will come out all guns blazing in the 1sit quarter. Gonna be the hunted in this game. 9 day break should help things.

Yes Blakey had a stinker but he did play well the previous week.. We had a few of poor performers last night.. I don't think he'll be dropped.

Suspect he will not be dropped. He did not play well v the tiggers - he was just adequate.

Over the years I think Horse has played favourites. I really hope that has been eradicated from a more mature Selection process.

Apr 10, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Anaheim Angels, UA Crimson Tide
On paper a should win game against the unwanted sibling , but have to turn up with the right attitude.
Only change I can see is Rowbottom for Heeney. Look for lizard to become more involved and not skirting around the outside of contests.

RilesMacca

Keep punchin mate
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
McInerney had a very good game. Impacted the game well with 2 goals, and that assist to Buddy was crucial, the running he did in that play was fantastic; its what got us over the line I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back