Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Last weeks 9 point win over a determined Saints side blessed with the accuracy of Mr Magoo was a near thing. I'm not in a favour of losing but dear heavens these close finishes are a challenge to my sanity and the continued existence of my tv set.

Meanwhile, Hawks seem determined to grind all hope from their members by playing deplorable footy, one which all Swan BF members dearly hope will continue for many years to come.

Only one change for the Swans with Warner missing due to injury and Bell stepping in. It's a big opportunity for Belly and nothing will endear him more to the Bloods faithful then if he plays a blinder & helps us puts the Hawks to the sword. Amartey needs to keep building on his output from last week and for gods sake Swans! Can we do a full four quarter effort? Please? Because I for one am completely over this bull of nearly losing to teams that are complete shite. Do not lose to this rabble, Swans. I don't care if you make like a Knight of Ni and get up off the ground without arms and leg.

Hawks will think they're in with a chance here (refer my point above) their biggest weapon being fresh off a bye while the Swans are coming off a six day break. Their highly rated mid-season draft pick Newcombe has been named to debut, with O'Meara & Day returning. Mitch Lewis misses after a team mate mistook him for Jeff Kennet and gave him concussion.

I feel sorry to Newcombe, he's destined to ply his wares in relative obscurity for the wees and poos for a while before sanity prevails and he can bail. At least he'll have an opportunity tonight to see the team he could have played for.

Saint weren't the only ones who were inaccurate last week and we need to get those radar boots on and make the most of our opportunities.

Razor Ray returns to the SCG which I'm sure will thrill...no one.

1623330825532.png

I actually like Bell, and I hope he makes it.

BUT

I don't like his selection. If he was carving it up in the VFL, then sure, but it just feels like a nothing pick, and if you're going to do a nothing pick put Gould, Ling, or Sheathers in.

I actually like Bell, and I hope he makes it.

BUT

I don't like his selection. If he was carving it up in the VFL, then sure, but it just feels like a nothing pick, and if you're going to do a nothing pick put Gould, Ling, or Sheathers in.

Feels like a bit of a missed opportunity to play Sheather given he reminds me so much of Warner the way he plays, so it could've been a like-for-like. But he's still raw so understandable. I think Horse has gone with the devil he knows, but I would've much preferred to see Ling come in in defence with Hewett added to the midfield, where he belongs.

Bloods by 42!

I'm feeling pretty confident that we'll win, and hopeful that we'll grind them into the dirt...

Disagree with those who say that Clarko has the wood over Horse, am confident that Horse will get the job done.

Am not worried about the Bell selection at all, or the lack of Sheather's selection, I'm backing Horse and his coaching team in! There is some serious talent in that team... I mean seriously, at round 12 last year, who would have predicted we'd be 8:4 going into round 13 this year? With a fresh, young exciting team that are going to be with us for at least the next 5 years... We are so very, very lucky!!!

GO BLOODS!!! :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

Last weeks 9 point win over a determined Saints side blessed with the accuracy of Mr Magoo was a near thing. I'm not in a favour of losing but dear heavens these close finishes are a challenge to my sanity and the continued existence of my tv set.

Meanwhile, Hawks seem determined to grind all hope from their members by playing deplorable footy, one which all Swan BF members dearly hope will continue for many years to come.

Only one change for the Swans with Warner missing due to injury and Bell stepping in. It's a big opportunity for Belly and nothing will endear him more to the Bloods faithful then if he plays a blinder & helps us puts the Hawks to the sword. Amartey needs to keep building on his output from last week and for gods sake Swans! Can we do a full four quarter effort? Please? Because I for one am completely over this bull of nearly losing to teams that are complete sh*te. Do not lose to this rabble, Swans. I don't care if you make like a Knight of Ni and get up off the ground without arms and leg.

Hawks will think they're in with a chance here (refer my point above) their biggest weapon being fresh off a bye while the Swans are coming off a six day break. Their highly rated mid-season draft pick Newcombe has been named to debut, with O'Meara & Day returning. Mitch Lewis misses after a team mate mistook him for Jeff Kennet and gave him concussion.

I feel sorry to Newcombe, he's destined to ply his wares in relative obscurity for the wees and poos for a while before sanity prevails and he can bail. At least he'll have an opportunity tonight to see the team he could have played for.

Saint weren't the only ones who were inaccurate last week and we need to get those radar boots on and make the most of our opportunities.

Razor Ray returns to the SCG which I'm sure will thrill...no one.

View attachment 1152056
Excellent intro Tick. I’ll just pull you up on one pedantic Python point- it was not the Knights of Ni, but The Black Knight, who had all his limbs lopped off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Bell, it is clear the Coaches rate him very highly. Previously I have noted vision in the rooms after games we won have shown Senior players gravitating to and listening to him. I expect he has leadership skills we don't see but the Coaches and team mates do.

His form in the 2s has been fine. I expect he sublimates his natural game in the Seniors to play a designated role. He is still only 22 and was late to footy. Yep it is great to watch individuals who are "game turners" but it requires 22 to win. I am backing him in.

The coaches often reward intent and hard work over ability. Foote & Robinson are two which come to mind but also Hayward, McInerney, Florent, Wicks, Ronke, McLean and Dawson are some others. Willing to give Bell the benefit of the doubt, he shouldn't be the difference for the Hawks tonight though. Still expecting this to be a very close match

if Bell has a blinder, I am happy to admit I was wrong.

However, if he has another 8 possession, negligible tackles, one cheap goal game - as I suspect he will - I’ll be demanding an immediate spot on the selection committee henceforth.

if Bell has a blinder, I am happy to admit I was wrong.

However, if he has another 8 possession, negligible tackles, one cheap goal game - as I suspect he will - I’ll be demanding an immediate spot on the selection committee henceforth.
If he plays one good game so what . McVeigh took about 70 games to be any good

lol.. just saw Armstrong doing his sports update on the ABC.

He is a genuinely smart bloke who does his homework.

What was interesting was:
* his sidestep on figjam's last game as coach. Clearly Tony was schooled in the theory if you can't say something positive, then say nothing at all!
* his eyes literally sparkled on the Bloods v Dawks game when he said if we won we had a 97% chance of making the 8.

On Bell, it is clear the Coaches rate him very highly. Previously I have noted vision in the rooms after games we won have shown Senior players gravitating to and listening to him. I expect he has leadership skills we don't see but the Coaches and team mates do.

His form in the 2s has been fine. I expect he sublimates his natural game in the Seniors to play a designated role. He is still only 22 and was late to footy. Yep it is great to watch individuals who are "game turners" but it requires 22 to win. I am backing him in.

I probably went a bit hard on the Bell issue last night and for that I apologise.

I just think you can disagree with a selection without using personally derogatory language towards the player selected.

DeadlyAkkuret asked whether I agreed or disagreed with the selection. The truth is I don’t know. I haven’t seen enough recently of the Reserves to know. I did say earlier that he probably wasn’t in line for selection having not played much footy in the last few weeks. But the selectors, who have a front row seat, thought differently.

Cool. Go Belly! Have a cracker and let’s smash these self entitled tip dwelling flogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back